Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
Adam_J

Removing unwanted/stock ASUS apps from EEE Pad Transformer

8 posts in this topic

Is there any easy way to remove some of the unused ASUS pre-installed app clutter from the EEE Pad Transformer? I've tried a couple of uninstall apps but these are not visible.

Also, can anyone recommend any apps to control what services/programs are run during startup?

Is there any easy way to remove some of the unused ASUS pre-installed app clutter from the EEE Pad Transformer? I've tried a couple of uninstall apps but these are not visible.

Also, can anyone recommend any apps to control what services/programs are run during startup?

What apps are you trying to remove and why?

What apps are you trying to remove and why?

i wanted to remove the asus pressreader, asus cloud, gmail, layar etc.... i've noticed these being run in the background at times and just want to prevent this.

i wanted to remove the asus pressreader, asus cloud, gmail, layar etc.... i've noticed these being run in the background at times and just want to prevent this.

I also tried to get rid of layar - as far as I can tell it was part of the firmware upgrade but no idea why. It's been a while since I used it, but this seems like quite an old version? Why include it in the firmware build and stop people from getting rid of it??

Have you tried Easy Freezy by a certain [email protected] ? :)

https://market.android.com/details?id=com.m...e=search_result

Have you tried Easy Freezy by a certain [email protected] ? :)

https://market.android.com/details?id=com.m...e=search_result

Yes I did spot the shameless plugs for this app after my original post so will try this out next ! :)

Yes I did spot the shameless plugs for this app after my original post so will try this out next ! :)

It works well!

It works well!

Is it still possible to root the device if you have installed the updated firmware?