Sign in to follow this  
Adam_J

Removing unwanted/stock ASUS apps from EEE Pad Transformer

Adam_J    0

Is there any easy way to remove some of the unused ASUS pre-installed app clutter from the EEE Pad Transformer? I've tried a couple of uninstall apps but these are not visible.

Also, can anyone recommend any apps to control what services/programs are run during startup?

Zach_Alt    0
Is there any easy way to remove some of the unused ASUS pre-installed app clutter from the EEE Pad Transformer? I've tried a couple of uninstall apps but these are not visible.

Also, can anyone recommend any apps to control what services/programs are run during startup?

What apps are you trying to remove and why?

Adam_J    0
What apps are you trying to remove and why?

i wanted to remove the asus pressreader, asus cloud, gmail, layar etc.... i've noticed these being run in the background at times and just want to prevent this.

czm    0
i wanted to remove the asus pressreader, asus cloud, gmail, layar etc.... i've noticed these being run in the background at times and just want to prevent this.

I also tried to get rid of layar - as far as I can tell it was part of the firmware upgrade but no idea why. It's been a while since I used it, but this seems like quite an old version? Why include it in the firmware build and stop people from getting rid of it??

redmongoose    1

Have you tried Easy Freezy by a certain [email protected] ? :)

https://market.android.com/details?id=com.m...e=search_result

Scott9824    0
Yes I did spot the shameless plugs for this app after my original post so will try this out next ! :)

It works well!

czm    0
It works well!

Is it still possible to root the device if you have installed the updated firmware?