Bricking and Unbricking Play

Guest starbearer

Guest starbearer

Well simple as it can be.....

Bricked play yesterday---------->

------------------------->Unbricked today

Just took 10 mins...lolz was sure fun getting it allrite...but cant explain when it bricked...

Some of the experiences that might be useful for others:-

1) There is no way to Hard Reset.....tried so many ways....

2) There is only 1 firmware available to get on back from UK store nothing else as if now....

3) You can surely delete the bloat from the Play..they will never come back...

4) Using "Super User" , "Titanium" and "BusyBox", "Gingerbreak" .

5) If you unlock your bootloader there is no way of getting it back...atleast for now.

6) Rooting your phone has no negative impacts.

7)I think I can find a way to get bootloader locked again...just a theory saw the working of it...so might need the real deal(** If someone is wishing to unlock their bootloader, just get me the screenshot of the Command prompt from computer/laptop..lost mine during flash...)

8) Guranteed the UK firmware is fast...

9) Would suggest....if you do modd ur play wiith the UK firmware, please do factory reset once...

lemme know if you need help.

Edited by starbearer

Guest Logseman

I wouldn't try out the theory you state in point 7, whichever it is, at least not before stating it here. If you don't know enough about fastboot to understand the command you issued to unlock the device (which you can find in Google: fastboot -i 0x0fce oem unlock 0xKEY where KEY is the key provided by Sony in their website) you probably won't be able to debug it, should trouble arise.

Edited by Logseman

Guest starbearer
I wouldn't try out the theory you state in point 7, whichever it is, at least not before stating it here. If you don't know enough about fastboot to understand the command you issued to unlock the device (which you can find in Google: fastboot -i 0x0fce oem unlock 0xKEY where KEY is the key provided by Sony in their website) you probably won't be able to debug it, should trouble arise.

========

Dude, I understand the trouble, I have no shame in saying that I tried many things to get it locked again, yup agree if I have to on knowledge of fastboot....but I aint testing on anyone's device....im willing to take the pain and risk on my phone rather...people are trying to get it back so they can update their phones....unfortunately like me they are also stuck...saying probably I cant is too noob for you, I probably have more phones than your age :rolleyes:

flashed, bricked and restored most of the phones that ever had a bootloader existing...so Im not saying in theory I can..im just saying I mite....who knows maybe its already out.... :P

Guest Logseman
========

Dude, I understand the trouble, I have no shame in saying that I tried many things to get it locked again, yup agree if I have to on knowledge of fastboot....but I aint testing on anyone's device....im willing to take the pain and risk on my phone rather...people are trying to get it back so they can update their phones....unfortunately like me they are also stuck...saying probably I cant is too noob for you, I probably have more phones than your age :rolleyes:

flashed, bricked and restored most of the phones that ever had a bootloader existing...so Im not saying in theory I can..im just saying I mite....who knows maybe its already out.... :P

If you have more phones than my age (which is plausible, as I am young) and you've bricked and unbricked them all, then you will have come to understand that sharing your experiences and ideas with the other users is more productve than trying out "theories" on your own, which you can't back up with some sort of evidence. This is what I am asking: that you state your idea so that people can read it and comment on it. What you do with your phone, whether you brick it and unbrick it... that is all your business.

Guest starbearer
If you have more phones than my age (which is plausible, as I am young) and you've bricked and unbricked them all, then you will have come to understand that sharing your experiences and ideas with the other users is more productve than trying out "theories" on your own, which you can't back up with some sort of evidence. This is what I am asking: that you state your idea so that people can read it and comment on it. What you do with your phone, whether you brick it and unbrick it... that is all your business.

I give up.....I have no time to argue.....

All I meant was loosing of the screenshot that I took while unlocking bootloader for my phone on command prompt.

So all I needed was that................. and I aint urging anyone to do that I guess we all know what happens when we unlock bootloader.

that just on point 7...bcoz the code that Sony gave as you also know is attached to our IMEI number...so possibly they cant start issuing code for locking and unlocking separately....so it has to be thru the same code somehow.....If you possible unlocked your play(which I doubt) you would know that there are locks 7 or 8 them that get unlocked and then the CMD says Finished which I was referring to...so if you dont have anything to add atleast read wat I wrote it clearly meant my experience of bricking and unbricking and what I now feel with my xperia play after installing uk.ftf file...

anyways for you---

just sharing something that might...might be useful---under settings -> applications-->manage apps...I got 285MB of free space(internal storage)

And my RAM has atleat 230-250M free all the time.

I did thru rooting that obviously...but the point here is, I did that on the uk file I installed on my phone and deleted many softwares still managing to make the phone work fast and yet stable...possibly we all can do it...but choosing what to delete is the key to fast and stable phone.

Also I have many softwares installed on my play ahrdly on phone memory, just the screen optimisation stuff..

Now...rather arguing more...lets make this forum nice and useful.

lets just discuss for now what all you need to delete and keep to make your phone fast and stable.....I guess we all want that...I would still post on what all i deleted after rooting my phone so that the play runs fast.

Guest Logseman

In XDA I've read from people who have given their "adb devices" code thinking it's their IMEI and the Sony website has issued them a bootloader unlock code. Weird thing...

Anyways, leaving the argument aside, I guess you mean the sections which get wiped while you flash the unlocking code. These ones:

UnlockBootloaderOutput.png

That's what I got when I unlocked my bootloaders.

Edited by Logseman

Guest starbearer
In XDA I've read from people who have given their "adb devices" code thinking it's their IMEI and the Sony website has issued them a bootloader unlock code. Weird thing...

Anyways, leaving the argument aside, I guess you mean the sections which get wiped while you flash the unlocking code. These ones:

UnlockBootloaderOutput.png

That's what I got when I unlocked my bootloaders.

---------

Thanks buddy.

I guess u understood what I was looking for....i will try wat I can to my maximum.....

I feel its better to try sumthin rather hoping for it to come someday.

Have a great day.

• 3 months later...
Guest Kendizel

There is a way to relock your bootloader so that you can use your phone after rooting it bricking it via the sony ericsson updates. Ive used this method but I had to buy the files from someone else, found him on youtube, ill post a link to his vid but he doesnt explain how to do it in the vid he just sends you an email with some files and instructions.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VuIpt3uJThg is the video of where I found him from, btw its via paypal so its trusted and ive done it.