[STOPPED] CyanogenMod Beta2 Omnia 2 (updated: 04.05.2012)

Guest voyteckst

Guest jasperdj

Will be. But have You tried testing kernel to see what's going on (or just tapping pink screen?)?

Not sure what you mean with ' testing kernel' , but yes i've tried tapping/pressing the whole phone.

thank you very much for this beta2.

It's very nice and all things work correctly unless WIFI, when I try to turn off it freeze then I should to reboot to fix it.

and as you said about wifi after sleep it connected but no internet :(

What is the solution?

Guest calolobo

i have reinstalled winmo, recovering "normal " Storage, installed again Froyo beta 2 on SDCard, still i can't have phone signal. mmmm

Anyone with a similar problem had solved this?

Edited by calolobo

I have a strange problem :( i installed froyo 2 in my storage without problems

i changed the partition to the correct one in the startup file and every thing was perfect (pink screen for 20 sec and booting correctly to android ) but i didnt find my storage in explorer so i tried to change the init.rc and from that change every thing went wronh :( android is booting 1/10 times and i formatted the partition again and reinstalled every thing but this time i can't acces to android when using the kernel with pink input but with the other one i can :( and with this one once the system goes standby it is an SOD :( plz dev help me iv tried every thing almost :( i delelted partition created new one and nothing is workin and by the way i choose 1024 mb as size of partition so if some body can help i will be thankful

For those who can't see INTERNAL storage what you have to do is to modify this line in init.rc:

mount vfat /dev/block/mmcblk1p5 /storage

Change the second number with the partition number, wich can be known by going to Dev Tools>Terminal>type "cd /dev/block/" and then type "ls" For those who can't see SDCARD what you can try is uncomment(delete the #) this line in init.rc and putting the right partition number:

#    mount vfat /dev/block/mmcblk0p5 /sdcard

Thanks for reply. I go to Dev Tools>Terminal>type "cd /dev/block/" and then type "ls". My partition number is mmcblk1p2. I modify init.rc: from:

to:

mount vfat /dev/block/mmcblk1p2 /storage

but folder "storage" is empty :(

Help me please.

Edited by andre02

Guest vakaloka

but folder "storage" is empty :(

Help me please.

So you only have one partition in My storage,right?(If not, when you perform "ls" command, you have to see other file with other number mmcblk1pX, probably 1)

What filesystem does that partition have? (Because Init.rc is specting vfat FS)

Edited by vakaloka

So you only have one partition in My storage,right?(If not, when you perform "ls" command, you have to see other file with other number mmcblk1pX, probably 1)

What filesystem does that partition have? (Because Init.rc is specting vfat FS)

I think my partition mmcblk1p2 was FAT32, I'm wrong, my FAT32 partition is mmcblk1p1.

Thank you verymuch!!!:rolleyes:

Now, I can listen my music.

Guest mihai_mihai

all works well very very fast, just have to figure out the storage, it read the hidden 512mb partition, but i see thet was discused here so maibe i will

tnks a lot devs

edit: after a few rebotes i foun that i have my storage on p1

problem is how to disable the proximity sensor, because it blank the screen and stay that way(problem when i call the customer service)

Edited by mihai_mihai

Guest vakaloka

Will there be an automatic installation in future, just like froyo beta1.

Since you can't use the 02beta folder of froyo beta1 (pink screen of death)

Well, the installer does not work automatically because the startup.txt is created with the old device layout(1 for sd and 0 for internal), you can manually change that, but if you are too lazy, I've uploaded an uptested version that will create the startup.txt file right.

Of course I don't have anything to do with dev team, I mean file isn't official at all, but will probably do the trick.

Use the o2beta folder as you used to do with beta1

o2beta.zip

Edited by vakaloka

Guest eXPerience

Hi! I used Ubuntu to make the partition (999Mb. on an 8gb. class 4 sdhc card), created an ext4 one, I pass the pink screen, but now I only see "android" on the screen, the "a" is white and the other letters are gray, I wait for 5 min. and reseted/rebooted the phone.

2nd try:

pink screen, android animation (now it is moving)... waiting for 5 min... another 3 or 4 min..

Working!!!!

thx. you devs!!!

Guest alabama20

I have the same exact problem. But I have an i8000 just like you have.

Mabey this has something to do with the phone part (like jj1 or JF1 from windows mobile, just like it affected the battery life on previous android beta)

I got phone part JF1 on windows mobile.

I know haret shuts WM off but still it had a effect (and sometimes a huge effect) on the previous beta android.

My GPS isn't working on android aswell, it can't find any satelite (It does work on Windows Mobile).

I'm using JF1 phone part too in winmo but in android i got 5 satellitesand fix about 30-40 sec...

Guest paranoiadk

Lo.

Seems the non-detectable sd card issue fixes itself in time and a couple of reboots...

But I'm still having trouble with wifi. I can connect to the router/modem my isp gave (can't fiddle around with it much) and access it's setup pages, but cannot access the internet no matter what I do. The router won't even list my phone's mac address under clients. Damn. And to think the whole system works so well. So stable and so fast...

I don't think it's of any importance, but I have froyo on my storage.

rgds

Guest vakaloka

i see the hiden 512 mb partition instead of the 8 gb, any ideas?(i did what u said

You probably put the wrong file, when you perform "ls", there has to be two files, the one you have put and other that finishes in other number, Use The other one(mmcblk1pX, where X is a number)

Hi guys,

i instally beta2 after almost a whole day,now i success and for those who want to install it on my storage,i give a way here,it is ext4 without journal

1.firstly ,make two logical partitions in my storage(the first one is fat32 and the latter is ext4 or any kind you like)

2. download this file and extract it in your my storage

3.put ext4.tar.gz of beta2 in the root of my storage

4.go to my storage/o2beta,click haret to install beta2,it last about 5 mins and will reboot your phone

5.delete the files in my storage and put the file below extracted to my storage

6.go to my storage and run haret,then you will able to enjoy beta2 with installing in my storage

please do as just what i said,the camera workd well,the file manager can see your my storage,but the time seems to be 1 hour later,and more things to be tested

ps:thank devs and all of you,i am so happy now with beta2's success :D .

installing android in linux almost makes me crazy!!!!!!

I first deleted the entire MyStorage partition in ubuntu. Then I made a fat32 partition of 6.64 GB and named it sdcard and a 1 GB ext4 partition and named it system.

I followed above steps and I get this error:

"mounting /dev/block/mmcblk0p5 on /sdcard failed : no such device or..."

Do I have to edit startup.txt in /o2beta directory or startup.txt in root of MyStorage?

Thanks

Edited by TRoN_1

Guest PuCiNhOOO

I first deleted the entire MyStorage partition in ubuntu. Then I made a fat32 partition of 6.64 GB and named it sdcard and a 1 GB ext4 partition and named it system.

I followed above steps and I get this error:

"mounting /dev/block/mmcblk0p5 on /sdcard failed : no such device or..."

Do I have to edit startup.txt in /o2beta directory?

Thanks

If you are using MyStorage, the edit you have to made is to ... mmcblk1pX, where X is the name of you partition ... you could know what is it, in gparted, when making the partitions ...

Guest PuCiNhOOO

Just seem to be one issue, when making or receiving calls ... if we put the phone in the ear, for about 3 or 4 secs, the screen shut down, but never woke back, till we end the call ... I can't access to the call menu anymore ... is that normal?

Guest mihai_mihai

i have a problem with the proxy sensor, it blanks the screen and stay that way, it is a problem when i call customer service, i need to know how to disable it

p.s. my storage is on p1, tnks vakaloka,

Edited by mihai_mihai

Guest alabama20

Just seem to be one issue, when making or receiving calls ... if we put the phone in the ear, for about 3 or 4 secs, the screen shut down, but never woke back, till we end the call ... I can't access to the call menu anymore ... is that normal?

My PDA act's like that too. I can only wake him up if i end the call.

Guest PuCiNhOOO

My PDA act's like that too. I can only wake him up if i end the call.

But that's no good ... to put it on the speaker, or to acess the keypad ... it is a problem =/

Guest Odysseas07

Same for me

Guest mihai_mihai

How Can I to use my storage as sd card? Music player is not find music in My storage.

For those who can't see INTERNAL storage what you have to do is to modify this line in init.rc:

Change the second number with the partition number, wich can be known by going to Dev Tools>Terminal>type "cd /dev/block/" and then type "ls" For those who can't see SDCARD what you can try is uncomment(delete the #) this line in init.rc and putting the right partition number:

#    mount vfat /dev/block/mmcblk0p5 /sdcard

to me works with mmcblk1p1, i tryed them all, u will need to browse storage folder

I have the exactly same problem :S

to me works with mmcblk1p1, i tryed them all, u will need to browse storage folder

I use Ubermusic. It's find musics are in SD. The Ubermusic is not find music in My storage.:(

----

EDIT: I edit vold.fstab and I got.:)

Edited by andre02