• Announcements

• Reminder - MoDaCo position on illegal content   07/30/15

ILLEGAL CONTENT I'd like to just reaffirm MoDaCo's position regarding piracy and illegal content in the light of some recent questions / postings. Posts will be censored by myself or my moderation team if the contain or link to: Illegal / pirated / cracked software or sites that host such software Nintendo emulators / ROMs or sites hosting them (in light of Nintendo's legal stance) CUSTOM ROMS You may discuss and post links to custom device ROMs on MoDaCo, provided the following rules are adhered to: ROMs must not contain any illegal 3rd party software (this includes trial versions included without permission) ROMs must give full credit to the original author ISSUES If you have any issues with this policy, please contact PaulOBrien directly via PM.
    • Reminder: Selling items on the forum directly is not allowed   07/30/15

Please note that selling items on the forum directly is not allowed by the forum rules. There is a forum for eBay auctions whereby you can list the items on eBay and link to them there. This is the ONLY forum for this type of activity. You may also advertise links to the eBay forum in your signature. Please note that selling directly in contravention of these rules will result in a warning / suspension / ban.

Almost bricked, could use a little help please..

3 posts in this topic

12-Oct-2011 FIXED!!

This post explains why, provides the files and instructions on how to fix it:

Here's the sad sequence of events. I thought I'd upgrade my wife's Defy from UK T-Mo/Blur to anything newer. They were good intentions, I tell you.

1. Installed defy-recovery, a nice port of clockworkmod so that I could do a full nandroid backup

2. Copied a cyanogenmod zip to SD card (no flashing performed at this stage)

3. Factory reset/wipe cache/wipe dalvik cache

3. Installed the CM zip

4. Everything looks great!

5. Realized I needed to get gapps installed, so copied them onto the SD card, but then my troubles started when I...

6. Reinstalled the recovery partition from (1)

7. Result: Hangs on initial splash screen on reboot

From here on, I've been learning about RSD Lite (you need 4.9 not 4.6) and flashing everything I could lay my hands on.

First I flashed UK T-Mo 2.51, but this resulted in no boot screen at all, a truly scary moment. Luckily, RSD Lite could

still flash.

I then flashed UK T-Mo 3.4.2 (Froyo 2.2?), but then couldn't get root with ZRoot (later learnt how to do it manually).

Then I flashed this:

from this thread:

At this point, this is the *only* SBF I can flash now to get a working phone. Even if I use that as a starting point and apply

updates from the SD card, I end up with a hung boot screen or a boot loop. Even when I restored my original backup, I end up

with a boot loop.

So, you see I've got myself into a bit of a pickle. Is anyone able to help? Please?!

Edit: I should be clear about what I'd like to do! I'd like to be able to either get back

to where I was, or to 2.2 or 2.3. I definitely want to get away from the "JORDN_U3_97.21.51" build. Thanks!

Dave D

Edited by david_dawkins

i got the some problem. but use one of these, with rsdlite.

Thanks, but any of these that I flash just result in either a hung boot screen, or no boot screen at all. What am I doing wrong?