New Flash version works perfectly on Orange SanFrancisco

Guest Asghar_UK

Guest cmberry20

The download link is working fine.

What browser are you using ?

I download it no trouble with dolphin HD in desktop mode

Working now. Wasnt working before. (On my PC with Mozilla or IE)

How to you install the BBC iPlayer app on the Orange San Francisco because it fails to install on mine.

I'm confused, you say iPlayer works for you in your first post? I can't get it to install either on two GEN1 San Frans, one with FLB and one with Swedish Spring, I get "Application not installed". Can someone confirm this works with GEN1 Blades?

Guest Asghar_UK

I'm confused, you say iPlayer works for you in your first post? I can't get it to install either on two GEN1 San Frans, one with FLB and one with Swedish Spring, I get "Application not installed". Can someone confirm this works with GEN1 Blades?

It's the iPlayer app from the marketplace that does not seem to be compatible with the San Francisco unless you have a CM7 rom installed.

However via the internet BBC iPlayer works just fine by using the mobile website. The app itself is not really needed.

Edited by Asghar_UK

It's the iPlayer app from the marketplace that does not seem to be compatible with the San Francisco unless you have a CM7 rom installed.

However via the internet BBC iPlayer works just fine by using the mobile website. The app itself is not really needed.

Ah, I see! Thanks for clarifying.

Guest executioner

works on my zte blade, just a little lag, but i hop flash 11 will fix that.

only bug i found is when i watch video and the screen turns off the browser crashes

This latest edition of Flash, GSF B27, the iplayer app linked to above, a 3GB/month data plan and a bit of overclocking are a great combination for me. The Blade really does punch way over its weight now, can watch BBC programmes whenever I want. In order to get the iplayer app installed I had to download it to my PC and transfer it across

Edited by Nebbo

Guest JasonLeeming

This actually works really well. I just watched QI on BBC iPlayer and the framerate is a bit iffy, but it it is still watchable, and at a decent quality.

i originally posted saying that the video was a bit choppy but after reducing the quality to low on iplayer as someone pointed out it works great, still not super smooth but it's very watchable.

Guest unrandomsam

I think this is old news. Emphasis is on almost perfectly, because the main thing, ie. playing videos, still doesn't work :(

iplayer works reasonably well which is the only thing that matters to me. (100% of what I want from flash)

How much system memory is Flash 10.2 expected to take up on an OSF? I tried installing and it it took over 10MB of system memory which seems like a lot from a 4MB apk - is that normal?

Guest targetbsp

How much system memory is Flash 10.2 expected to take up on an OSF? I tried installing and it it took over 10MB of system memory which seems like a lot from a 4MB apk - is that normal?

Yeah it's quite big. Can be moved to SD on CM7.

This might help you if GSF can't: http://www.appbrain.com/app/move2sd-enabler-%28root-only%29/com.leinardi.setinstalllocation Though last time I checked it can't be downloaded if you have the crappy new market.

Guest stevoknevo

Just put this on my Gen1 running FLB r10, and iplayer works a treat through dolphin HD B) BBC news 24 however is too choppy to be watch able, and even worse in the standard browser, both over wi-fi. The most watched BBC videos play perfectly though. Happy just to have iplayer :)

Guest dadashi

the 10.2 is working so very very super good.... judging by the comments here and in xda there is no noticeable differnece of speed over the 10.2 might even have disadvantage...wait for more users comments...