New Flash version works perfectly on Orange SanFrancisco

Guest Asghar_UK

Guest Asghar_UK

Found this over on xda developers forum. Someone has found/released a compatible flash version10.2 that works almost perfectly.

Forum Link, Post 133 has the download link.

BBC iplayer works perfectly for me as do flash games. With the Dolphin Mini browser there is an arrow to start the flash video but on the default browser flash starts automatically.

Edited by Asghar_UK

Guest ididmytime

I think this is old news. Emphasis is on almost perfectly, because the main thing, ie. playing videos, still doesn't work :(

I thought 10.1 was garbage.

However, this version is playing flash videos perfectly, including Iplayer.

Guest targetbsp

This one does work! Good spot.

Iplayer working perfect on Angel browser (overclocked CM7.1) and tried a couple of random flash games which worked fine.

Edited by targetbsp

I wonder why the videos are choppy?

Changing clock speed seems to have little effect on playback,maybe playing with stagefright will make better.

No matter what,its still a vast improvement over previous versions

Edited by Guest

Guest targetbsp

I wonder why the videos are choppy?

Changing clock speed seems to have little effect on playback,maybe playing with stagefright will make better.

No matter what,its still a vast improvement over previous versions

What video in particular? Iplayer is working great for me on CM7.1 at 729Mhz in Angel web browser.

What video in particular? Iplayer is working great for me on CM7.1 at 729Mhz in Angel web browser.

I using stock clock speed on cm7,hardware acceleration,and all stagefright enabled.

Some videos playing fine,only some randomly go choppy.Maybe Ill crank the clock right up and see how it goes.

Just noticed in youtube that if you set playback qaulity to lowest which is 240,the playback is not bad at all!

Edited by Guest

I have no smoothness issues in Youtube, even on HQ. I do however have this weird white grid over the videos!

Do you have hardware acceleration,stagefright enabled ?

I have set my clock to 729 and it still choppy?

Maybe if I turn off enable surface dithering in cm settings there will be some improvement

I am also using supercharger script from xda,so in general my performance should be good.

I wonder if signal has anything to do with it?

I am using giffgaff 3G,maybe wifi will be better.

Edited by Guest

I can also confirm that this is working. I've tested it on BBC News and BBC iPlayer and it's playing the videos flawlessly. All the buttons work - i.e. expand to full screen, pause/play and jumping to different points in the video.

I couldn't get it to work with Opera, even with Opera Turbo disabled, so I've been using the phone's standard 'Browser.'

My ROM is Blue Ginger V5 - so no hardware acceleration. For those of you having problems with video playback, I wonder if it might be a memory issue? I've maximised my phone's memory by shifting all the application to SD card - for some applications, the only way I could do this was through Titanium Backup.

(Edit - I was originally testing it with WiFi, but I've just tried using 3G and I got a 'please switch to a wifi connection to play this programme. 3G streaming of BBC iPlayer programmes is not currently available for this handset' message from iPlayer. On the main BBC news site, and on Youtube, video clips play perfectly in 3G. So... I just need a way to fool BBC iPlayer that I'm not using a mobile phone. I can't seem to find an obvious way to switch it back out of 'mobile' mode.)

Edited by Geoff2

Guest targetbsp

Do you have hardware acceleration,stagefright enabled ?

I have set my clock to 729 and it still choppy?

Maybe if I turn off enable surface dithering in cm settings there will be some improvement

I am also using supercharger script from xda,so in general my performance should be good.

I wonder if signal has anything to do with it?

I am using giffgaff 3G,maybe wifi will be better.

I'm using whatever the defaults are in CM7. It's completely smooth even at stock CPU speeds.

I am using wifi so yeah I suspect you have bandwidth issues.

Edited by targetbsp

Guest quakkaz

wow this is awesome, thanks for the link, have got iplayer working flawlessly in the default browser on ginger stir fry v13 with no overclocking of the cpu:)

Edited by quakkaz

Guest Clitheroe1

I'm using CM7 and iplayer works great for me, both the app and the stock browser. Only works with wifi though so I'm trying to find a way to make it work with 3G.

Edited by Clitheroe1

Guest Asghar_UK

I've been amazed with this release, everything I have tried just seems to work.

Currently using Swedish Spring RLS5, no stagefright and no HW.

How to you install the BBC iPlayer app on the Orange San Francisco because it fails to install on mine.

I've been amazed with this release, everything I have tried just seems to work.

Currently using Swedish Spring RLS5, no stagefright and no HW.

How to you install the BBC iPlayer app on the Orange San Francisco because it fails to install on mine.

I install it fine on cm7 and gingerbread roms.

what error are you getting,is it a parsing error ?

If so try using a different app installer.

Also everything in my build.prop says my blade is HTC-DESIRE.

Not sure if that anything to do with it ?

Edited by Guest