O2 release Xperia Play @ £149

Guest mcfly666

Guest mcfly666

Title says it all really, jsut got my play from O2 for 149 pounds. Quite a nice spec for not a lot of money. Only downside is that O2 has locked the phone, but it can be unlocked (including bootloader) for 15 pounds!

If your interested, go out and grap one - playing gran turismo @60fps at the moment!

Link here

Edited by mcfly666

Guest mcfly666

Spotted this yesterday, extremely tempted but I'm locked into another 13 months with Orange. Can these be unlocked by a company other than O2?

Yes they can, there are quite a few places that will do it, and one or two people over at xda forums who will do it for you via remote software in the comfort of your own home. more details of those places are in the link I put on the OP.

Though any good phone shop will be able to do it too.

Had mine for a few days now and im starting to love it more and more (more than my blade)

Edited by mcfly666

• 4 weeks later...
Guest Christian Edwards

They are out of stock at 02 but this offer is available.

http://www.hotukdeals.com/deals/xperia-play-black-159-98-dial-a-phone-including-10cr-poss-quidco-1055596

I'm trying to decide how much the hassle of unlocking the SIM and boot loader is worth.

The Play is £200 on Amazon or Play.com SIM free but when Argos get stock it's only £180.

I really don't like the sound of handing over money to a complete stranger for a SIM lock, thing I'll wait for Argos to get more in.