P.S. I have the 31st release

TILAL any news about last bugs?

Edited by felystar

Guest jtharmor

I have 30th ;)....will install 31st...

Tilal can you update post with date and link...thnks

Edited by jtharmor

Guest felystar

Is there any way to increse battery life? Because it drains very fast. Just if you go to setting and change something and you have Wifi on while, battery drains 1%. What can we do to increse its duration?(I have brightness at almost minium)

Guest eLJay

Is there any way to increse battery life? Because it drains very fast. Just if you go to setting and change something and you have Wifi on while, battery drains 1%. What can we do to increse its duration?(I have brightness at almost minium)

There will be a few things, standard or underclocked CPU settings, turn down screen brightness, keep data connections down when not in use.

But generally smart phones are very power hungry and do eat through batteries rapidly, and the Skate does not have the largest battery on a smart phone.

Guest ciappy

I have same problem with battery life if 3g or wifi are on.. if on 2g only (data enabled) battery life is great!

Guest felystar

When the phone is locked, even when Wifi is on battery stays in the same percentage. A question, I have problems connection to Mobile data with Orange, I get an autentification proxy error. Any solution?

TILAL, I think you should change the market button in the apps drawer to the Gplay button, also you could add a multitasking button to the notification bar, like this: http://forum.xda-developers.com/showthread.php?p=23644426 and check what happens when you go back in settings, I can see something strange in the borders.

Guest smexo

I am sorry, but can someone help me? ICS looks great, much better then to old rom i had, but i have a problem installing google aps. I went to recovery, install from zip and sellected gapps, it said install complete but when i reboot i have no google aps. Anyway, tilal you have done a great job, this is some serious thing you are doing for all of us android fans :) Keep up the good work.

Guest smexo

Yes, i installed the rom, then wiped data, rebooted, after 5 min went to recovery again, install from zip->gapps, rebooted but still nothing.

Regarding battery life. I have no issues when on wifi at home, but it does seem to drop off quickly when on 2g/3g. Must be the switching between Orange and T-Mobile.

post-669012-133337563894_thumb.png

Guest smexo

I tried but same story every time, i have skatie rom. Do i need to do anything else then just formatting the system before i flash it?

Guest merza

try installing everything from the beggining

1. Your phone should be in ClockworkMod Recovery. If not, turn off your phone, and then hold the Volume down and Power on button together until you see ClockworkMod Recovery.
  2. Use the Volume buttons to highlight mounts and storage
  3. Press the home button to select mounts and storage
  4. Highlight and select format /system
  5. Highlight and select Yes - Format
  6. Once finished, press the Back / Return button once.
  7. Highlight and select advanced
  8. Highlight and select Wipe Dalvik Cache
  9. Highlight and select Yes - Wipe Dalvik Cache
  10. Once finished, press the Back / Return button once.
  11. Highlight and select install zip from sdcard
  12. Highlight and select choose zip from sdcard
  13. Highlight and select update-cm-9-2012xxxx-NIGHTLY-skate-signed.zip (the numbers / file name may be slightly different)
  14. Highlight and select Yes - Install update-cm-9-2012xxxx-NIGHTLY-skate-signed.zip
  15. Wait for the ROM to install. This may take up to 10 minutes.
  16. Once finished, press the Back / Return button once.
  17. Highlight and select wipe data/factory reset
  18. Highlight and select Yes -- delete all user data
  19. Once finished, highlight and select wipe cache partition
  20. Highlight and select Yes - Wipe Cache
  21. Once finished, highlight and select reboot system now
  22. Your phone may take up to 10 minutes to boot for the first time.
  23. Once your phone has fully loaded, leave it alone for 5 minutes.
  24. Turn off your phone, and then hold the Volume down and Power on button together until you see ClockworkMod Recovery.
  25. Highlight and select install zip from sdcard
  26. Highlight and select choose zip from sdcard
  27. Highlight and select gapps-ics-2012xxxx-signed.zip (the numbers / file name may be slightly different)
  28. Highlight and select Yes - Installgapps-ics-2012xxxx-signed.zip
  29. Wait for the ROM to install. This may take a few minutes.
  30. Once finished, press the Back / Return button once.
  31. Highlight and select reboot system now
  32. Once your phone has fully loaded, leave it alone for another 5 minutes.

Guest razzmataz1478

ICS needs at least a 200mb system to work with gapps. If you installed skatie using option 1 (image.bin) then it changes your system size to one that is too small.

Guest felystar

TILAL I FOUND AN IMPORTANT BUG!

When you use the cam in external apps such as QR BARCODE READERS or PIANO REALITY, you have cam preview but it doesn't work, i've tried to read some barcodes and it doesn't work and also I've tried to play piano with piano reality but it never recognises the piano :( Have you got anything with ICS ARMv6 drivers for camera?

Guest smexo

I did everything but when i select yes install update-cm.... it aborted said (status 0)? This didnt happen before.

Edited by smexo