[ICS] [CM9] [4.0.4] ColdFusionX for the ZTE Skate [ROM] [UPDATED - 28/06]

Guest tilal6991

Guest juless

I just searched through the threads and can't find out if we can somehow apply the subsequent updates without having to fully wipe the last install.

Is there a way to just apply the update and get the appropriate bits updated? I don't really want to reinstall everything I had on there before switching to the 09/05/2012 version.

Thanks.

Guest razzmataz1478

I just searched through the threads and can't find out if we can somehow apply the subsequent updates without having to fully wipe the last install.

Is there a way to just apply the update and get the appropriate bits updated? I don't really want to reinstall everything I had on there before switching to the 09/05/2012 version.

Thanks.

No wipes

Guest CavemanJames

Thanks.

If you're just updating the rom, you can just install the updated version over the current one without wiping anything. I would suggest a dalvik cache wipe afterwards though.

Guest sergeant_tito

Waiting for a new feature to be merged - weather on lockscreen

like the HTC weather lockscreen or better? :D

Guest C3C0

If you're just updating the rom, you can just install the updated version over the current one without wiping anything. I would suggest a dalvik cache wipe afterwards though.

Format system before - to be sure there are no leftovers from previous ROM. Also dalvik wipe is highly recommended.

Guest tilal6991

Anyone interested in a super slim version of stock ICS. Ie. The same as the one on the Galaxy Nexus with no modifications apart from getting it to run on the device. So no AOKP or CM mods.

Guest plegdroid
Anyone interested in a super slim version of stock ICS. Ie. The same as the one on the Galaxy Nexus with no modifications apart from getting it to run on the device. So no AOKP or CM mods.

please, if you've already ported it :D

Guest razzmataz1478

So, AOSP? I'd be interested!

Guest oscar-mark

Can somebody help me a little?

I don't have CWM, but I'm gonna install soon, using TPT, but then I'll need a ROM on my SD card!

How do I put this on the SD card, I mean like should I extract or just use the original downloaded files and copy paste?

Guest razzmataz1478

Can somebody help me a little?

I don't have CWM, but I'm gonna install soon, using TPT, but then I'll need a ROM on my SD card!

How do I put this on the SD card, I mean like should I extract or just use the original downloaded files and copy paste?

Copy and paste the zip anywhere on your SD card butdont unzip it. Look at the.pinned thread 'FAQ rooting for beginners for more info.....'

Guest plegdroid
Yeah I'm typing this from the AOSP rom right now. I'll release it soon.

thank you, take it you've got a break from exams for a few days. hope alls going well ,and your not finding them too taxing.

thank you as always :)

Guest plegdroid
I love the smell of freshly baked Android. ;)

especially with an ice cream filling :D

Edited by plegdroid

Guest oscar-mark

Copy and paste the zip anywhere on your SD card butdont unzip it. Look at the.pinned thread 'FAQ rooting for beginners for more info.....'

Thank you!

And I copy the ROM AND the Gapps or just the ROM?

Yeah I'm trying to use that guide but I've bricked 3 days in a row so imma try the TPT instead of installing on windows!

Guest Redstarr1

Yeah I'm typing this from the AOSP rom right now. I'll release it soon.

Would that save a lot of system space? Well every mb extra is useful.

Thank you!

And I copy the ROM AND the Gapps or just the ROM?

Yeah I'm trying to use that guide but I've bricked 3 days in a row so imma try the TPT instead of installing on windows!

With that pinned guide you shouldn't be getting failures... Anyway if you're coming from stock, you should TPT first to option 2 or 4 in the TPT thread or use the TPT helper app and just make a TPT with a system partition of at least 200mb. Then boot in CWM, go to advanced, format system and wipe dalvik cache. After that you flash the zip file from this rom and after that you flash the gapps zip. Don't unpack either of those.