San Francisco II/T-Mobile Vivacity TPTs

Guest Amphoras

Guest heidspide

1 gives the best optimisation of the space, but unless you have a script installed to redirect cache somewhere else (there was a post on doing this somewhere) then you won't be able to download any apps from the market that are bigger than ~2MB. The 40MB one should be ok for general use, its got a slightly smaller cache partition than the stock layout, but it should still be enough space to download most apps apart from any really big ones.

Hi, wish I'd seen this post ....

I used TPT helper and initially went for option "a" (160MB system, 2MB cache, 278MB data) - it so easily got me into Clockword Recovery which I had been struggling to get and I finally managed to install Fish n Chips.

However couldn't install Titanium Backup "Insufficient space".

After much messing, thought I'd try option "b" (160MB system, 15MB cache, 265MB data) but still no luck. Messed further ...

Finally went for option "c" (160MB system, 40MB cache, 240MB data) and hooray I could finally install Titanium Backup.

Think I am finally getting there although the Backup isn't working as smoothly as previously. But seem to have most things working nicely.

Thanks Amphoras for the brilliant TPT helper, and Raverrr for all the work on Fish n Chips; looking good!

Guest Liamness

Option 3: 160MB system, 40MB cache, 240MB data

MD5sum: b22cfc03bccc73ff07db9651519e2296

I am absolutely without fail getting 'f80a89b5c9a53519099c31ed78447f13' as the MD5 when I try to download this. Hmm. I am on a mac, maybe that makes a difference. I'm tempted to just take the plunge anyway, seeing as it has been the same kind of wrong every single time.

How is the crescent partitioned by default? It sounds as if the space gained is significant, I'm just wondering how significant.

Guest Amphoras

I am absolutely without fail getting 'f80a89b5c9a53519099c31ed78447f13' as the MD5 when I try to download this. Hmm. I am on a mac, maybe that makes a difference. I'm tempted to just take the plunge anyway, seeing as it has been the same kind of wrong every single time.

How is the crescent partitioned by default? It sounds as if the space gained is significant, I'm just wondering how significant.

That is the md5sum for the image.bin and its correct, its written in the nandroid.md5 file inside the zip. The md5sum given in the first post is for the zip.

On the SFII, the default partition sizes are: 200MB system, 162.5MB data, 57.5MB cache, 21MB OEM. So the TPT you have chosen will increase the space on data by nearly 50%. With option 1, its an over 70% increase in the space available.

I think the Vivacity has a better stock layout, so the increases are not quite as big there.

Guest Liamness

Thanks. I've gone from having everything shoved on the SD card, to having everything on the main memory and about 30mb left over. Just for future, would it be possible to flash a TPT using the flashall command? As in:

adb reboot bootloader

fastboot flashall <image filename>.img

I spent a while messing around with SD cards, and I find holding buttons down on boot a bit finicky. Being able to do it from the computer would've probably been a tad easier

*edit*

On second thoughts, no it wouldn't would it? Would just flash each partition without resizing them, if that.

Edited by Liamness

Guest Amphoras

Thanks. I've gone from having everything shoved on the SD card, to having everything on the main memory and about 30mb left over. Just for future, would it be possible to flash a TPT using the flashall command? As in:

adb reboot bootloader

fastboot flashall <image filename>.img

I spent a while messing around with SD cards, and I find holding buttons down on boot a bit finicky. Being able to do it from the computer would've probably been a tad easier

*edit*

On second thoughts, no it wouldn't would it? Would just flash each partition without resizing them, if that.

Yeah that would just flash the images to the partitions, it wouldn't change the actual layout.

Guest misodoctakleidist

Amphoras,

I have installed your TPT Helper on my SFII, but it doesn't do anything when I click on the create your own TPT button. Would you be able to post a TPT with a 200mb system partition, but only 20mb of cache?

Guest surfungus

Hi,

Just messing with mine, getting ready for some ICS fun, thought I'd do it while trying out FnC 6, had the same issue, Ended up going through system update, with option 4.

Worked a treat! Thank you very much Amphoras, saved the day...again :D

Maybe if we ask nicely, Amphoras will add the SF2 v2c (200mb) tpt to the ones you can choose on TPT Helper.

Cheers surf

Edited by surfungus

Guest Amphoras

Amphoras,

I have installed your TPT Helper on my SFII, but it doesn't do anything when I click on the create your own TPT button. Would you be able to post a TPT with a 200mb system partition, but only 20mb of cache?

That option is still disabled as I don't have these phones to make sure it works properly. Until someone can test it I don't want to enable it in case it doesn't work.

Hi,

Just messing with mine, getting ready for some ICS fun, thought I'd do it while trying out FnC 6, had the same issue, Ended up going through system update, with option 4.

Worked a treat! Thank you very much Amphoras, saved the day...again :D

Maybe if we ask nicely, Amphoras will add the SF2 v2c (200mb) tpt to the ones you can choose on TPT Helper.

Cheers surf

I'm going to add it to the next version. Got exams soon so it will be a few weeks until I have time to work on it.

Guest bladebuddy

I have already mentioned in previous posts, that you should expect green text when performing a tpt.I Just did one today and got a blue status bar. Which I told someone on the forum its an error. So is this the normal process for the crescent e.g blue status bar. Or has something gone wrong. Just a little unsure as I download a cwm recovery command zip from the blade forum which resulted in me loosing cwm recovery. So I used a tpt to restore it and seen the blue status bar. Thanks and sorry if this sounds a bit dumb but this was the first tpt I have used on my crescent and didn't expect that.

Guest Amphoras

I have already mentioned in previous posts, that you should expect green text when performing a tpt.I Just did one today and got a blue status bar. Which I told someone on the forum its an error. So is this the normal process for the crescent e.g blue status bar. Or has something gone wrong. Just a little unsure as I download a cwm recovery command zip from the blade forum which resulted in me loosing cwm recovery. So I used a tpt to restore it and seen the blue status bar. Thanks and sorry if this sounds a bit dumb but this was the first tpt I have used on my crescent and didn't expect that.

As I've said before, I don't have ether of these phones. It was green on the original San Francisco, so I assumed it would be green here as well, and no one had said otherwise so I assumed it was. If its blue, it doesn't really matter as long as it works fine, it sounds like it did what it was supposed to anyway.

Guest negligentleman

hey guys im not really sure if this is the right place to post this question but i am literally tearing my hair out in frustration. I need to use a program called link2sd on my Vivacity but cant figure out how to enable administrator privilages on my phone. i've stumbled across something called root access online and tried a program called ginger break but nothing seems to work. im new to the android community and perfectly happy with the stock os,if anyone can tell me how to get root access i would greatly appreciate it

Edited by negligentleman

Guest bladebuddy

Yes it worked fine Amphoras. And thanks for the TPT helper app.Use this app very often on my blade and always worked flawlessly.:D

Edited by bladebuddy

• 2 months later...
Guest SpLinterOgr

I'm going to add it to the next version. Got exams soon so it will be a few weeks until I have time to work on it.

Hi Amphoras. How's your exams?

Can you create a TPT with 230 40 170 for SF2?

Because on latest ICS CM9 there is an error "Not enough space for extras". Here is discussion -

Thank you.

Guest KEZZY1965

Hi Guys,

Just wondering if this is still a good rooting method for the Vivacity.

Just a bit worried there has been no chatter for a while.

Thanks.

Guest andromaniac

Are the CWMs colour schemes different (ie sf2 orange, vivacity blue) Have an sf2 and may have accidentaly used the vivacity option 3 tpt. Now have no OS on internal mem, and just get an error when I try to flash a rom from sd in CWM. In bootloop - whenever I choose reboot in CWM, it keeps on booting into CWM (after green man). Is there a way of remotely restoring from a nandroid backup (without using CWM, because there is no backup/restore option) through terminal or something. That way I could use the correct tpt and be able to falsh a rom. Thanks

Edited by andromaniac

Guest andromaniac

Thanks Dazzozo.

Why are the image files in the TPTs .bin and not .img? Whenever I try to use .bin files in a TPT I get an error, then status bar, then it says success. But it then goes into bootloop. However, when I use TPTs with .img files in them, they work perfectly. Why is this happening?

Guest Dazzozo

Thanks Dazzozo.

Why are the image files in the TPTs .bin and not .img? Whenever I try to use .bin files in a TPT I get an error, then status bar, then it says success. But it then goes into bootloop. However, when I use TPTs with .img files in them, they work perfectly. Why is this happening?

TPTs should be image/image.bin.

IMGs are single partition images that can be flashed in many ways.

Guest KEZZY1965

Hi Guys,

After buying a t-mobile vivavcity on ebay I used this method (...v1c.zip) installed fish'n'chips rom afterwards.

I mistakenly thought the TPT would unlock the phone in the process.

Do you think if i try and unlock it now will it brick it ?

Guest Takroe

It's a bit overkill but it'll work.

Hi, Why would it be overkill?

I'm new here and been reading about expanding internal storage for TMV devices.

and i was considering using the TPThelper app. Are there big Consequences using this method?

p.s. my vivacity has the flb2-r2a rom on it. Will this cause problems?

Edited by Takroe

Guest Dazzozo

Using total phone transfer to install a recovery? That's why I say it's overkill.

It won't cause problems, again, as it's total phone transfer.