• Announcements

• Reminder - MoDaCo position on illegal content   07/30/15

ILLEGAL CONTENT I'd like to just reaffirm MoDaCo's position regarding piracy and illegal content in the light of some recent questions / postings. Posts will be censored by myself or my moderation team if the contain or link to: Illegal / pirated / cracked software or sites that host such softwareNintendo emulators / ROMs or sites hosting them (in light of Nintendo's legal stance)CUSTOM ROMS You may discuss and post links to custom device ROMs on MoDaCo, provided the following rules are adhered to: ROMs must not contain any illegal 3rd party software (this includes trial versions included without permission)ROMs must give full credit to the original authorISSUES If you have any issues with this policy, please contact PaulOBrien directly via PM.
    • Reminder: Selling items on the forum directly is not allowed   07/30/15

Please note that selling items on the forum directly is not allowed by the forum rules. There is a forum for eBay auctions whereby you can list the items on eBay and link to them there. This is the ONLY forum for this type of activity. You may also advertise links to the eBay forum in your signature. Please note that selling directly in contravention of these rules will result in a warning / suspension / ban.

14 Jun Gr9 (6.3.1) - MoDaCo Custom ROM for the Kindle Fire

128 posts in this topic

Posted · Report post

So just to be certain, the Amazon Prime Videos app does work with this ROM and we don't need to hide SU or use OTA Rootkeeper?

Posted · Report post

So just to be certain, the Amazon Prime Videos app does work with this ROM and we don't need to hide SU or use OTA Rootkeeper?

No, you still need to hide SU or use OTA RootKeeper to view Amazon Prime videos.

Thanks... plee3

Posted · Report post

thx

Posted · Report post

No, you still need to hide SU or use OTA RootKeeper to view Amazon Prime videos.

Thanks... plee3

OK thanks. Some misinformation on another forum regarding this ROM. Figured I would go to the source.

Posted · Report post

Updating to 6.3.1 shortly! :)

P

Posted · Report post

Updating to 6.3.1 shortly! :)

P

Thanks Paul for bringing the new release. Could you please add my earlier request regarding . "com.android.providers.settings/databases/settings.db", has a line "network_providers_allowed=network". If that field of network is suffixed with "gps"

Posted · Report post

Thanks Paul for bringing the new release. Could you please add my earlier request regarding . "com.android.providers.settings/databases/settings.db", has a line "network_providers_allowed=network". If that field of network is suffixed with "gps"

Yes, I will definitely double check that for the next release! :)

P

Posted · Report post

First I just want to say this is pretty sweet, I had previously installed an ICS ROM, but I didn't do enough research and found you couldn't stream via amazon prime, which is something I wanted so I found yours! Second I'm having an issue with dropped Wi-FI connection...It'll take several tries to connect while I'm browsing or streaming, establish connection for a little and then drops the signal. Eventually it'll stabilize and I'll be able to do what needs to be done. I'm wondering if anyone else has this issue and if there is something I can do to help correct this issue. I've read some people are still connected, but it shows that it isn't connected, but for me I'm really not connected.

Posted · Report post

Paul, this ROM is awesome, thanks for the hard work as always!

Any chance of repackaging as an alternate install in case we want to dual-boot? I'd love to run ICS and MoDaCo 6.3.1 (when ready), just never been able to figure out how to repack a ROM myself, so basically I suck at it. :blush:

Posted · Report post

Hi Paul and everybody,

what's the app storage size on the Fire with either the original ROM and the Gr8?

Is the Gr8 extending it or is it possible to do something with the partitions after installing your ROM ?

Has anyone found any problem with filling up the app storage too fast?

Thanks in advance for your answers!

Posted · Report post

I'm curious.... I installed the rom and it looked great. Everything was very Kindle like as I had hoped. Even my magazines and the like were there.

As soon as I clicked on the play store app though, it was as if everything kindle related was removed immediately. No documents, no books, no magazines, nothing. It was if the kindle lost all the stuff that made it a kindle.

Is that normal?

Posted (edited) · Report post

After a rewipe and reflash I didn't have a repeat occurrence.

Seems my play store auto updated my kindle app and a couple of others killing basic Kindle Fire functionality.

Second time around I did *not* enable play store auto update of apps. Problem.solved.

Edited by Larzzzz

Posted · Report post

Just curious if this is still going to be updated to 6.3.1. Looks like Paul posted on the 10th that he was updating shortly, but I haven't seen anything on it from there. I was wondering if I just didn't see the update or if some reason it has been delayed.

Posted · Report post

Things have just been a bit manic!

Testing the Gr9 / 6.3.1 kitchen now and prebake will be online shortly.

P

Posted · Report post

Excellent. :)

Posted · Report post

Prebake and kitchen updated to Gr9 / 6.3.1. :)

P

Posted · Report post

I have added AltROM support as a kitchen option.

If someone with kitchen access could test that'd be great, once it's confirmed as all good i'll create an AltROM prebake also. :)

P

Posted · Report post

Installed via the link you posted on Twitter and so far so good! Love it.

Posted · Report post

So far the AltROM is working well.

Posted · Report post

Update! :)

P

Changelog

16th Jun - Gr9.1 (Gr9 refresh)

• Fixed network location
  • Added altrom option and prebake

Posted · Report post

The downloads are now hosted on a new super-fast server with direct downloads from the MoDaCo topic, no CAPTCHAs etc. etc. :)

P

Posted · Report post

GR9.1 ALTROM working great here!! Thanks Paul :)

Posted · Report post

Download mirrors added.

P

Posted · Report post

你好,我一直在用您的Gr系列,但是今次的9.1下载不了,请问还有其它地方可以下载吗?谢谢!

Posted · Report post

Hi. First of all, thanks a lot for ROMs you are making. You are doing a great job, man!

Now I use your Gr9 ROM and want to know what did you mean writing "Heavily optimised and compressed to take as little space as possible and perform as fast as possible!" ?

I am interested because in previous edition which I have used for a month, all was ok and now, with new release I have some problems like fast battery discharging. Are there some serious changes in Gr9 which can cause something like that?