• Announcements

• Reminder - MoDaCo position on illegal content   07/30/15

ILLEGAL CONTENT I'd like to just reaffirm MoDaCo's position regarding piracy and illegal content in the light of some recent questions / postings. Posts will be censored by myself or my moderation team if the contain or link to: Illegal / pirated / cracked software or sites that host such softwareNintendo emulators / ROMs or sites hosting them (in light of Nintendo's legal stance)CUSTOM ROMS You may discuss and post links to custom device ROMs on MoDaCo, provided the following rules are adhered to: ROMs must not contain any illegal 3rd party software (this includes trial versions included without permission)ROMs must give full credit to the original authorISSUES If you have any issues with this policy, please contact PaulOBrien directly via PM.
    • Reminder: Selling items on the forum directly is not allowed   07/30/15

Please note that selling items on the forum directly is not allowed by the forum rules. There is a forum for eBay auctions whereby you can list the items on eBay and link to them there. This is the ONLY forum for this type of activity. You may also advertise links to the eBay forum in your signature. Please note that selling directly in contravention of these rules will result in a warning / suspension / ban.

upgrading racer II android system

15 posts in this topic

Posted

On my ZTE Racer II there's an android system version 2.2.2

I've read in a ebook that there is already an android version 4.0.

Is it possible to upgrade my system and if so, how?

Posted

For the moment is not possible :( we still need to wait for a some time

Posted

i dont think such a device will get official ics update or even gingerbread.. best option is to have someone to make you a custom 2.3.7 rom

Posted

Yes i Know that , but i read that for develop custom ROM , is need the kernel source code but is not public like it was for first zte racer . so we must wait some time :(

Posted

Yes i Know that , but i read that for develop custom ROM , is need the kernel source code but is not public like it was for first zte racer . so we must wait some time :(

we never had a complete source, we used blades 2.6.32.9 kernel source and modified drivers for racer to boot and work.. your phone is gen2 as far as i know so you can try porting something with your stock kernel.. might not work but its better to try then just sit and do nothing :)

Posted (edited)

we never had a complete source, we used blades 2.6.32.9 kernel source and modified drivers for racer to boot and work.. your phone is gen2 as far as i know so you can try porting something with your stock kernel.. might not work but its better to try then just sit and do nothing :)

You can give me a point from where to start ???pls :) because i have no experince, but i like to learn...:) you can give me a link with a tutorial, or something :D

the same kernel say and on my phone : 2.6.32.9 zte-kernel@droid#2

Edited by noobieRO

Posted

sure i guess, i just hope you know how to read logcat... for starters, install android sdk and proper drivers for your phone, you will need those two, you will need adb and ddms from sdk will be useable for logcat

Posted

sure i guess, i just hope you know how to read logcat... for starters, install android sdk and proper drivers for your phone, you will need those two, you will need adb and ddms from sdk will be useable for logcat

I already have instaled android apk , i am a quick learner and will not be so hard to understand :D next what should i do :D ? i found developer.android.com on google . i think that will be useful to me :)

Posted

yes, make sure you have adb installed too, you will need it.. and also flash clockwork recovery on your phone so that you can reflash roms you try to port on your device

Posted

yes, make sure you have adb installed too, you will need it.. and also flash clockwork recovery on your phone so that you can reflash roms you try to port on your device

ok..i have and adb, next step...:D or can give me a link with a tutorial ...because i do not want to ask you every time ..what should i do...i dont want to be annoying or to ocupate your time.sorry for for my bad english

Posted

ok..i have and adb, next step...:D or can give me a link with a tutorial ...because i do not want to ask you every time ..what should i do...i dont want to be annoying or to ocupate your time.sorry for for my bad english

ill just drop you a pm

Posted

ill just drop you a pm

-Thanks, i will wait:)

Posted (edited)

Never mind, problem solved.

Edited by Old User

Posted

please help me upload for me the firmware/roam for racerII black zte p728L, i damaged mine wen i was trying to upgrade....piz help.