upgrading racer II android system

Guest Da_Cobra

Guest Da_Cobra

On my ZTE Racer II there's an android system version 2.2.2

I've read in a ebook that there is already an android version 4.0.

Is it possible to upgrade my system and if so, how?

Guest equiliym

i dont think such a device will get official ics update or even gingerbread.. best option is to have someone to make you a custom 2.3.7 rom

Guest noobieRO

Yes i Know that , but i read that for develop custom ROM , is need the kernel source code but is not public like it was for first zte racer . so we must wait some time :(

Guest equiliym

Yes i Know that , but i read that for develop custom ROM , is need the kernel source code but is not public like it was for first zte racer . so we must wait some time :(

we never had a complete source, we used blades 2.6.32.9 kernel source and modified drivers for racer to boot and work.. your phone is gen2 as far as i know so you can try porting something with your stock kernel.. might not work but its better to try then just sit and do nothing :)

Guest noobieRO

we never had a complete source, we used blades 2.6.32.9 kernel source and modified drivers for racer to boot and work.. your phone is gen2 as far as i know so you can try porting something with your stock kernel.. might not work but its better to try then just sit and do nothing :)

You can give me a point from where to start ???pls :) because i have no experince, but i like to learn...:) you can give me a link with a tutorial, or something :D

the same kernel say and on my phone : 2.6.32.9 zte-kernel@droid#2

Edited by noobieRO

Guest equiliym

sure i guess, i just hope you know how to read logcat... for starters, install android sdk and proper drivers for your phone, you will need those two, you will need adb and ddms from sdk will be useable for logcat

Guest noobieRO

sure i guess, i just hope you know how to read logcat... for starters, install android sdk and proper drivers for your phone, you will need those two, you will need adb and ddms from sdk will be useable for logcat

I already have instaled android apk , i am a quick learner and will not be so hard to understand :D next what should i do :D ? i found developer.android.com on google . i think that will be useful to me :)

Guest equiliym

yes, make sure you have adb installed too, you will need it.. and also flash clockwork recovery on your phone so that you can reflash roms you try to port on your device

Guest noobieRO

yes, make sure you have adb installed too, you will need it.. and also flash clockwork recovery on your phone so that you can reflash roms you try to port on your device

ok..i have and adb, next step...:D or can give me a link with a tutorial ...because i do not want to ask you every time ..what should i do...i dont want to be annoying or to ocupate your time.sorry for for my bad english

Guest equiliym

ok..i have and adb, next step...:D or can give me a link with a tutorial ...because i do not want to ask you every time ..what should i do...i dont want to be annoying or to ocupate your time.sorry for for my bad english

ill just drop you a pm

• 1 year later...
Guest ddfre

please help me upload for me the firmware/roam for racerII black zte p728L, i damaged mine wen i was trying to upgrade....piz help.

• 2 months later...