Jr18 **WiFi** (JDQ39 / 4.2.2): MoDaCo Custom ROM for the Nexus 7

Guest PaulOBrien

Guest jmagee

Nope it doesn't work, there isn't an micro sd slot either in case you missed the other main complaint since it was announced.

I have one and know about the micro SD. Using cloud and otg to over come that. Just didn't even think it wouldn't have mhl

Guest ethicalstrategy

The play library shows my album art fine. But oddly not my partners, so thinking it's an file issue rather than problem in the app.

I thought that you needed to have your music uploaded to Google Music which I can't do as it's not available in the UK.

Guest jmagee

I thought that you needed to have your music uploaded to Google Music which I can't do as it's not available in the UK.

You just need to log into Google music once, using a proxy server, as if you're in the US once you have done that you use it as normal. You just can't buy music. I think Paul did a feature on it. I'm no computer whizz but managed to find a guide and do it. Well worth it.

Guest jmagee

Play movies... do you actually rent as in they are only valid for a week or rent as on they can't be transferred to other devices. Wouldn't mind spending some Google cash on some movies but not if I can't keep them.

Guest flyingscotno1

Excellent upgrade. Really takes the device on to another level.

One minor issue is that when watching iPlayer/full screen videos in the ICS browser the device goes to sleep. Now I can stop this by either telling it not to sleep by extending time, bad for battery life if I forget to change it back or or touching it which is annoying.

This doesn't affect xscope browser however which doesn't go to sleep mode. Is there a setting in stock ICS browser that can be changed to stop it sleeping when playing video??

Guest PaulOBrien

I recommend installing 'Screebl Beta' from the Market, then press-holding on the notification to disable the icon.

This detects when your device is 'in use' using the accelerometer and keeps the screen on. Works great!

P

Guest Drawde40599

Love how clean your Roms always are, running great not having any issues at all :)

One feature id love to see and for some reason think I need ;) is, hold back to kill any chance you could add the option to the kitchen ?

Thanks again for Another great ROM

Guest jmagee

Is any one using sky go? Maybe with a secure kernel from the kitchen, don't normally use it but away next week and wouldn't mind having it.

Guest seamonkey420

Noticed that on JR5, my Nexus 7 GPS lockon is horrible and non-existent when not outdoors. I compared it to my GNex thats running MCR JB rom and gets lockon in 2-4 secs indoors and outdoors. Any one else noticing this?

I'm located in USA, running MCR JR5, updated from JR4 w/o a wipe. Only issue i've really seen thus far.

Thanks

Guest flyingscotno1

I recommend installing 'Screebl Beta' from the Market, then press-holding on the notification to disable the icon.

This detects when your device is 'in use' using the accelerometer and keeps the screen on. Works great!

P

Thanks. That works but just using the xScope browser and have disabled the ICS one. XScope and chrome can meet my needs well.

Noticed that on JR5, my Nexus 7 GPS lockon is horrible and non-existent when not outdoors. I compared it to my GNex thats running MCR JB rom and gets lockon in 2-4 secs indoors and outdoors. Any one else noticing this?

I'm located in USA, running MCR JR5, updated from JR4 w/o a wipe. Only issue i've really seen thus far.

Thanks

Can't say I have. I get my location set by GPS indoors within seconds on the the latest version of the ROM. It's a clean fast ROM for sure. Flash and iPlayer are awesome. Like I said before testing this device to a new level

Guest Vrykyl

Absolutely love the pre-baked version of this rom - so much so about 20 mins after installing it I completed the trialpay process for getting a full 12 month modaco membership - gonna cook myself some right sided menu bar goodness!

Thanks Paul for all the hard work - replied to your email with my forum name :wub:

This may have been asked before, but what resolution wallpapers is the Nexus 7 needing to look nice? All the ones Ive tried (using those from my Galaxy S3) get cropped to hell when I try and apply them, and dont seem to format properly for landscape rotation (so swiping to far left / right homescreens has a black border).

What am I doing wrong?

Thanks folks!

Guest PaperLawyer

So am I the only person having a problem with the camera launcher? I've installed instagram for now.

I've also installed Apex Launcher so I can place shortcuts on the home screen.

I love this tablet!

Guest StuMcBill

I flashed this rom last night and so far almost everything seems spot on!

However I am having one problem (this may have happened on stock also-I never checked), when in maps and I press the "Current Location" button, it can't seem to find my location using my WiFi network? Is just says "Your current location is temporarily unavailable".

I have the option selected in settings to allow this!

I had no problems on my Galaxy Nexus or Transformer Prime with this function!

Any ideas?

Stewart

Sent from my Nexus 7 using Tapatalk 2

Guest jmagee

Ok, after some heavy gaming my screen went funny and tablet went off. It was plugged in at the time. No output now at all. An I right in thinking this is now dead?

Guest jmagee

I thought it was. It's back on now. Panic over. I think I maybe made it over heat. After discovering great little war game I've been on it solid for a good few hours. It's raining here so it's allowed. I'll leave it alone for a while. In future I'll take the case of during gaming

Ps it looked bad, hence the panic. Kind of no warning about power and a tv blew up style shut down

Edited by jmagee

Guest mparack

Anyone having Google Now issues? Mine doesn't show any cards at all. It seems to respond to voice and text inputs with cards or

web searches but doesn't show any cards on its own. I've tried wiping and enabling web history in my Google account settings and toggling Google now but still no luck. All options are enabled in Google now settings as well. Is it because I am UK based by any chance?

Guest seamonkey420

Looks like there was a general GPS issue over the weekend if anyone found anything strange happening!

http://www.xda-devel...er-the-weekend/

P

ahh! makes sense! just put my stock image back on the nexus 7 of course its working today since issues are resolved. thanks again paul for the feedback. we seriously love you for your interactions and checking in on the forums :)

Guest Formel-LMS

This rom is awesome.

Thanks Paul. Today the Nexus arrived here in Germany and the first thing I've done ist fastboot unlock, bringing on the cwm touch recovery and flash this stuff here.

And what should I say? It's perfect. If used the prebaked version and all is cool. Camera Launcher is a great thing on this tablet.

Is it right that the apps posted in the feature list are not included in the preebaked version?

Guest Arrqh

However I am having one problem (this may have happened on stock also-I never checked), when in maps and I press the "Current Location" button, it can't seem to find my location using my WiFi network? Is just says "Your current location is temporarily unavailable".

I had this same problem but I noticed that in other apps it was working fine, Google Earth for instance. So I removed the Maps.apk from the device, rebooted and reinstalled from the Play Store and now it can get my location from my wifi network. This was all with GPS turned off so I don't think it's related to the GPS issues this weekend.

Except for that minor hiccup, the ROM is running great for me!