[DEV][ROM][8.1.] CyanogenMod 10 (Android 4.1.2)

Guest KonstaT

Guest tilal6991

with me Tilals solution didn't work either. Voice search is working but Google now crashes

If possible could you delete /system/usr/srec and /system/tts with a root exporer eg. es file exlporer or xplore. And try it again?

If that still doesn't work any chance of a logcat so I can fix it?

Guest birdibird

deleted /system/usr/srec and rebooted (/system/tts is not there)

problem still the same

reinstalled google voice search from your link

blue voice search icon crashes too

white one works (detects words correct, but doesn't past them in the browser)

light blue one works with recording, then crashes when it calls google search

logcat-1343150614026.zip

Guest tilal6991

deleted /system/usr/srec and rebooted (/system/tts is not there)

problem still the same

reinstalled google voice search from your link

blue voice search icon crashes too

white one works (detects words correct, but doesn't past them in the browser)

light blue one works with recording, then crashes when it calls google search

logcat-1343150614026.zip

Aha. Found the issue. You seem to have installed KonstaT's gapps before mine. This will mean that the apks from mine will not overwrite KonstaT's ones. What you need to do is format the /system partition and then install the ROM first and then MY gapps. This won't wipe your data so you don't really need to backup.

Guest birdibird

Aha. Found the issue. You seem to have installed KonstaT's gapps before mine. This will mean that the apks from mine will not overwrite KonstaT's ones. What you need to do is format the /system partition and then install the ROM first and then MY gapps. This won't wipe your data so you don't really need to backup.

That did the trick.

Stil some problems left:

-the dark blue voice search doesn't work (says try again all the time)

-the gray voice search opens the browser but doesn't paste any text

-the light blue one works

Thanx and keep up the good work!

B)

ps good to know the script in the gapps zip doesn't replace files

Guest MiniDemonic

Good thing that the launcher I use got a "hide app" function in the app drawer. I can hide the voice search apps and only show the Google Now app :)

Guest birdibird

@lalit: your gapps package doesn't include talk.apk and is huge compared to KonstaTs.

Had to delete stuff (music2.apk) out off /system (160 mb) to manual install talk :)

Guest FbianZettl

Hey, finally did the Step from CM9 to CM10.

Works really great and smooth.

Amazing that this is possible on our 100€ Device :D

Only waiting for camera to work. But take your time!

Greeting from Germany.

Guest goodguymgk

screenshot of new build CM10..... thanks to KonsTat and all my favourite developers who helped my slim developing rom(KonsTat)..... Amazing everything s working except.. u know all wt it is......

Pls blur out your bro's mobile no. in the screenshot :P

Guest MinaItse

Here are those screenshot -pics of 1st message in this thread, to be seen without logging in this site.

(Those pics, that KonstaT has attached 23rd july, can be seen only after logging in here)

Maybe KonstaT could include link to these pics in that 1st message too.

Due to the pic-site, I used for this, these screenshots will be available 25th july - 23rd september (60 days).

And thank you KonstaT of conquering newer Android-"regions" with old peacefull blade :ph34r:

A0uSb.jpg

Edited by MinaItse

Guest MinaItse

Because I'm kind of newbie with updating these rom's new versions, could you "olders" tell, how you do it most efficiently?

So before I install new rom, I backup contacts with that address book feature for that (just for sure to sd-card) and I use that android-built-in google/play/gmail backup, to remember settings and apps that I have installed in addition to the rom.

Then when i install new compilation version of rom, with wipes, and startup blade after that, it begins to download and istall all those extra apps and settings ... and it takes quite much time. Plus there comes problem with some apps that I have (manually) put to sd-card from blades memory, that that reinstall tries to install some of them into blade's memory and it gets full. And I need manually move apps again to sd-card to get space in blade's memory to install all apps that I had before updating new rom compilation version.

Is there some other way to do it more easily / clever way? So how do you do that, getting your extra apps and settings back after rom compilation version update? Or is here somewhere already some good guide of that?

I know of Titanium backup but (maybe I can't use its free version right) because if I back up apps with it, then I have to enable extra sources of apps to reintall them and somehow that seems to mess up with Play-market and android/google/gmail backup.

Edited by MinaItse

Guest Loren82

My now does not happen from the beginning, when compiling, continue steps 2 and 3, apply patches and contunue with steps 4 and 5.

http://pastebin.com/Bubst2FR

It seems an error produced by "0001-disable-Fraunhofer-from-aacend-aacdec.txt" but not what will be the reason :blink:

Guest KonstaT

My now does not happen from the beginning, when compiling, continue steps 2 and 3, apply patches and contunue with steps 4 and 5.

http://pastebin.com/Bubst2FR

It seems an error produced by "0001-disable-Fraunhofer-from-aacend-aacdec.txt" but not what will be the reason :blink:

Do you also have some earlier patches applied? Try resetting your head to match upstream and re-apply the patch.

I cleaned up the second post since couple of the gerrit patches got merged this morning. I also updated the fraunhofer aac patch (does exactly the same thing as before, just made it a lot cleaner).

Guest Loren82

Do you also have some earlier patches applied? Try resetting your head to match upstream and re-apply the patch.

I cleaned up the second post since couple of the gerrit patches got merged this morning. I also updated the fraunhofer aac patch (does exactly the same thing as before, just made it a lot cleaner).

Synchronize just the repository:

root @ loren-P35-DS3: ~ / repo sync # CM10

Fetching projects: 100% (305/305), done.

Syncing tree work: 100% (305/305), done.

bionic /: discarding 1 commits

frameworks / v /: discarding 1 commits

root @ loren-P35-DS3: ~ / CM10 #

I applied the patches but I keep going the same mistake, perhaps the copy on the wrong path?

to 0001-don-t-build-fraunhofer-aac-for-blade.patch = cm10/frameworks/av/media/libstagefright/codecs/aacdec/

to 0001-undef-__ARM_HAVE_LDREX_STREX.patch = cm10/bionic/libc/private/

Edited by Loren82

Guest KonstaT

I applied the patches but I keep going the same mistake, perhaps the copy on the wrong path?

to 0001-don-t-build-fraunhofer-aac-for-blade.patch = cm10/frameworks/av/media/libstagefright/codecs/aacdec/

to 0001-undef-__ARM_HAVE_LDREX_STREX.patch = cm10/bionic/libc/private/

No, you always apply patches to the project's base directory (where .git directory is located). Apply the patches to cm10/bionic/ & cm10/frameworks/av/ like it says in the second post.

Guest Loren82

No, you always apply patches to the project's base directory (where .git directory is located). Apply the patches to cm10/bionic/ & cm10/frameworks/av/ like it says in the second post.

yes, now I did so, but I still get the error message.

root@loren-P35-DS3:~/cm10# repo sync

Fetching projects: 100% (305/305), done.

Syncing work tree: 100% (305/305), done.

bionic/: discarding 1 commits

frameworks/av/: discarding 1 commits

root@loren-P35-DS3:~/cm10# cd ~/cm10/bionic/

root@loren-P35-DS3:~/cm10/bionic# git am 0001-undef-__ARM_HAVE_LDREX_STREX.patch

Applying: #undef __ARM_HAVE_LDREX_STREX

root@loren-P35-DS3:~/cm10/bionic# cd ~/cm10/

root@loren-P35-DS3:~/cm10# cd ~/cm10/frameworks/av/

root@loren-P35-DS3:~/cm10/frameworks/av# git am 0001-don-t-build-fraunhofer-aac-for-blade.patch

Applying: don't build fraunhofer aac for blade

root@loren-P35-DS3:~/cm10/frameworks/av# cd ~/cm10/vendor/cm

root@loren-P35-DS3:~/cm10/vendor/cm# ./get-prebuilts

% Total % Received % Xferd Average Speed Time Time Time Current

Dload Upload Total Spent Left Speed

100 2545k 100 2545k 0 0 404k 0 0:00:06 0:00:06 --:--:-- 528k

% Total % Received % Xferd Average Speed Time Time Time Current

Dload Upload Total Spent Left Speed

100 142 100 142 0 0 195 0 --:--:-- --:--:-- --:--:-- 289

100 286k 100 286k 0 0 224k 0 0:00:01 0:00:01 --:--:-- 903k

Archive: ./proprietary/Term.apk

inflating: ./proprietary/lib/armeabi/libjackpal-androidterm4.so

root@loren-P35-DS3:~/cm10/vendor/cm# cd ~/cm10/

root@loren-P35-DS3:~/cm10# export USE_CCACHE=1

root@loren-P35-DS3:~/cm10# . build/envsetup.sh && lunch cm_blade-userdebug

including device/generic/armv7-a-neon/vendorsetup.sh

including device/generic/armv7-a/vendorsetup.sh

including device/ti/panda/vendorsetup.sh

including device/zte/blade/vendorsetup.sh

including vendor/cm/vendorsetup.sh

including sdk/bash_completion/adb.bash

Looking for dependencies

Adding dependencies to manifest

CyanogenMod/zte-kernel-msm7x27 already exists

Syncing dependencies

============================================

PLATFORM_VERSION_CODENAME=REL

PLATFORM_VERSION=4.1.1

TARGET_PRODUCT=cm_blade

TARGET_BUILD_VARIANT=userdebug

TARGET_BUILD_TYPE=release

TARGET_BUILD_APPS=

TARGET_ARCH=arm

TARGET_ARCH_VARIANT=armv6-vfp

HOST_ARCH=x86

HOST_OS=linux

HOST_OS_EXTRA=Linux-3.0.0-12-generic-x86_64-with-Ubuntu-11.10-oneiric

HOST_BUILD_TYPE=release

BUILD_ID=JRO03H

OUT_DIR=out

root@loren-P35-DS3:~/cm10# make bacon -j5

PLATFORM_VERSION_CODENAME=REL

PLATFORM_VERSION=4.1.1

TARGET_PRODUCT=cm_blade

TARGET_BUILD_VARIANT=userdebug

TARGET_BUILD_TYPE=release

TARGET_BUILD_APPS=

TARGET_ARCH=arm

TARGET_ARCH_VARIANT=armv6-vfp

HOST_ARCH=x86

HOST_OS=linux

HOST_OS_EXTRA=Linux-3.0.0-12-generic-x86_64-with-Ubuntu-11.10-oneiric

HOST_BUILD_TYPE=release

BUILD_ID=JRO03H

OUT_DIR=out

external/v8/Android.mk:22: WARNING: Building on ARM with non-ARMv7 variant. On ARM, V8 is well tested only on ARMv7.

build/core/static_library.mk:18: *** frameworks/av/media/libstagefright/codecs/aacdec: Can not set module stem for a library. Alto.

root@loren-P35-DS3:~/cm10#

Edited by Loren82

Guest KonstaT

@Loren82

You're trying to do a clean build, right? You have used 'make clobber' to clean the out directory?

Looking for dependencies

Adding dependencies to manifest

CyanogenMod/zte-kernel-msm7x27 already exists

Syncing dependencies

And this tells me that it's not even my device tree btw...

Guest Loren82

@Loren82

You're trying to do a clean build, right? You have used 'make clobber' to clean the out directory?

Now it seems that all is as it should go, thank you very much for your help and patience :D , just one more thing, I use the page http://changelog.bbqdroid.org/ # blade/cm10/next to follow the changelog of roms Cyanogen, you believe that is correct information is released daily?, and not published anything CM7, or CM9, and CM10 is published, only the changes common to all cell phones. What I mean is that if TomG or HCDRJacob (We were giving official support) have ended up leaving the development to the blade, at first if he read that TomG worked in CM9, but it seems that neither is it .

Guest KonstaT

New build.

cm-10-20120725-KonstaKANG-blade.zip

http://www.mediafire.com/?xja2ti3ui7mz2ep

md5:0c52244eeac1039a1043a46b713f036d

-ability to enable/disable use of profiles (1,2)

-fixed purchasing apps from the play shop

-partition info, ext partition info should now work with all(?) the different a2sd solutions (Settings -> Partition info, thanks to Squadzone)

-MIUI-style battery bar (Settings -> System -> Status bar -> Battery status style -> Status bar, thanks to Spitemare)

Guest ..Abel..

New build.

cm-10-20120725-KonstaKANG-blade.zip

http://www.mediafire.com/?xja2ti3ui7mz2ep

md5:0c52244eeac1039a1043a46b713f036d

-ability to enable/disable use of profiles (1,2)

-fixed purchasing apps from the play shop

-partition info, ext partition info should now work with all(?) the different a2sd solutions (Settings -> Partition info, thanks to Squadzone)

-MIUI-style battery bar (Settings -> System -> Status bar -> Battery status style -> Status bar, thanks to Spitemare)

Is it as smooth as burstlams?

Guest snarkavenger

Hi, I installed yesterday - it's excellent for an early build. I installed with some fairly conservative TPT values (196MB System, 8MB Cache). What are reasonable (small) values for system? I ask before installing todays' update.

I do find a lot of the things I had installed for my previous ROM (GingerStirFry b19) such as new launcher, camera, keyboard, just aren't needed with Jellybean.

One of the things that didn't work (either as a restore from Titanium or as a fresh install) was Pansi SMS.

ps: I did notice no default ringtone or alarms - I was able to add a ringtone easily but the alarm is still just vibrating, not sure how to correct that.

Edited by snarkavenger