[DEV][ROM][8.1.] CyanogenMod 10 (Android 4.1.2)

Guest KonstaT

Guest ..Abel..

since konstaT has been inactive of-late, can someone with the build environment set up compile the ROM with these fixes and post here?

also with lalits fixes maybe :P

Edited by ..Abel..

Guest Felsch

Thinking about it, all those fixes, that are alot, I'm gonna take my time doing them :D. But still might be better to wait for konstat, he be pro at this stuff :)

Edited by Felsch

Guest Loren82

Thinking about it, all those fixes, that are alot, I'm gonna take my time doing them :D. But still might be better to wait for konstat, he be pro at this stuff :)

yes, I also think is best, we let KonstaT which is what really knows about this :)

Guest KonstaT

Really appreciate your work! Just got the whole package built for me, but ended with a very large zip file including all the standard stuff.

What are you leaving out and where in your make process do you reduce the number of files? Do you just edit the generated zip files?

I've done my trimming by just commenting out stuff in makefiles or removing stuff from the source tree (wallpapers, dictionaries). I upload the zip that I get out from the build process. I've got the trimming patches for CM9 in my github but I haven't bothered to upload them for CM10.

The Nexus One, along with the other first generation Snapdragon devices (devices with the QSD8x50, MSM7x25, MSM7x27 and MSM7x27T SoCs), will not be supported beyond the CM 7.x (Gingerbread) branch.

We’ve been holding off on finalizing this, looking for ways that we could make this work and be happy with the release. Sadly, it never panned out, and we’ve decided that it’s time to stop our efforts.

-CM team

That only confirms what we've known all along. We'll never have official CM9/10 builds. It doesn't change anything in regards CM9. We'll see how much legacy device support gets merged into CM10 source from now on.

Rest in peace :)

Rumors of my death are greatly exaggerated (or premature at least). :D

It's aimed at Qualcomm Snapdragon SoCs, so it's not important for us

After Qualcomm renamed their chipsets, we actually have Snapdragon S1 on our device. ;)

also with lalits fixes maybe :P

I made a test build yesterday using CFX changes. In UI speed it falls somewhere in between the two builds that are currently in the first post. It's still significantly slower than the 0727 build, small improvement from 0725 build. No screen flickering and streaming video works again (doesn't include the hack that broke it). I'm not quite sure which one I prefer...

Guest tilal6991

I made a test build yesterday using CFX changes. In UI speed it falls somewhere in between the two builds that are currently in the first post. It's still significantly slower than the 0727 build, small improvement from 0725 build. No screen flickering and streaming video works again (doesn't include the hack that broke it). I'm not quite sure which one I prefer...

What hack is this that broke video playback but smoothed out the UI?

Guest KonstaT

New test build. I used CFX changes (and CFX qcom/display) for this build. UI speed is slightly slower than in 0727 build but streaming video works in this one. I'm still keeping the 0727 build in the first post as some might prefer that. Lots of on stuff has been merged into CM10 since the last build. Default launcher is now changed to Trebuchet, so you'll lose your homescreen icons/widgets/setup coming from previous builds (if you were using the default launcher of course). Dictionaries in Android keyboard also got fixed so I included all of them in this build -> huge LatinIME.apk. You can save up to ~20mb from your system by removing the dictionaries that you don't need.

cm-10-20120808-KonstaKANG-blade.zip

http://www.mediafire.com/?zlcprf6t50rck93

md5:1bce084d8f0bc16137b203e1a4f9db56

-slighly slower UI but streaming video playback works in this build

-added hot reboot option to power menu (thanks to burstlam)

-old ringtones & silenced low battery sound

-all LatinIME dictionaries

-trebuchet launcher

-probably plenty of other stuff I forgot to mention

Guest vNa5h

I'm wondering... Konsta, why don't you use Apollo?

because it sucks...

no album art tag support

other after market apps like player pro and n7player are better anyway

Guest shezar

because it sucks...

no album art tag support

other after market apps like player pro and n7player are better anyway

I'm not sure the default player has those either. No matter, I push Apollo.apk into the install zip, I just wanted to know why Konsta makes his package with the default one.

Edited by shezar

Guest labbe-

there was a bunch of butter merges for qualcomm today (vsync, hwcomposer) and a friend reported that it gave galaxy ace 100% butter.. so i checked gsmarena and looks like ace is running the same specs as this, only difference is the processor clockspeed.. maybe something looking into?

Edited by labbe-

Guest KonstaT

I'm wondering... Konsta, why don't you use Apollo?

Yeah, it's because it downloads some random low quality images from last.fm to use as album art. I've actually seen some trouble and set correct id tags (including album art) to my whole music library. I can be a bit OCD on things like that. :P There's just no excuse for not using the album art from the id tags. Even the stock android music player has had support for that at least since eclair.

there was a bunch of butter merges for qualcomm today (vsync, hwcomposer) and a friend reported that it gave galaxy ace 100% butter.. so i checked gsmarena and looks like ace is running the same specs as this, only difference is the processor clockspeed.. maybe something looking in to?

Well, the qcom/display stuff doesn't work as is in our device anyway. We still have bunch of ics stuff in the mix as well. Will probably have to look into some kernel updates (it really isn't my strongest side). I'm not even sure that we have vsync enabled in our kernel.

Lol, I thought maclaw studios had 100% project butter on galaxy ace since the very first pre-alpha. ;) Better just ignore reports like that...

Guest tilal6991

on maclaws site it says he had the first ever armv6 jelly bean port working. I swear dazzozo beat him with the crescent?

Yep. And me with the Skate.

Maclaw is a guy FULL of lies.

Guest matt4321

Yep. And me with the Skate.

Maclaw is a guy FULL of lies.

Thought so, well for what it's worth well done for getting there first with dazzozo

Edited by matt4321