[DEV][ROM][8.1.] CyanogenMod 10 (Android 4.1.2)

Guest KonstaT

Guest snarkavenger

Just stuck on the 0808 build a few hour ago. it seems solid, thanks. I haven't noticed the differences with the Trebuchet launcher.

Again, I'd like to ask about TPT and space required and also any install sequence. I've been installing with a data reset, system format, ROM flash, reboot, pause, shutdown and restart, then Gapps. That all works but I may be wiping things I don't need to and my TPT has 205MB for system which is probably high.

Guest Loren82

KonstaT, in the second post you talk about using: https://github.com/C...re_qcom_display

Could copy the entire contents using:

git clone https://github.com/ColdFusionX/android_hardware_qcom_display.git -b jellybean

rsync -av --delete ~/android_hardware_qcom_display/ ~/cm10/hardware/qcom/display/ --exclude='.git*'

Edited by Loren82

Guest Cyclothunder

Hey KonstaT,

is it possible to fix this?

applications like bubbleupnp and others that have the same functionality don't work because of it.

this also happens in all ics roms for this phone :(

here goes the log:

failure: java.net.SocketException

java.net.SocketException

at java.net.NetworkInterface.rethrowAsSocketException(NetworkInterface.java:212)

at java.net.NetworkInterface.readIntFile(NetworkInterface.java:207)

at java.net.NetworkInterface.getByName(NetworkInterface.java:114)

at java.net.NetworkInterface.getNetworkInterfacesList(NetworkInterface.java:271)

at java.net.NetworkInterface.getNetworkInterfaces(NetworkInterface.java:262)

at com.bubblesoft.android.networkinterfaceinfo.NetworkInterfaceInfoActivity.getInterfacesInformation(NetworkInterfaceInfoActivity.java:89)

at com.bubblesoft.android.networkinterfaceinfo.NetworkInterfaceInfoActivity.onCreate(NetworkInterfaceInfoActivity.java:45)

at android.app.Activity.performCreate(Activity.java:5008)

at android.app.Instrumentation.callActivityOnCreate(Instrumentation.java:1079)

at android.app.ActivityThread.performLaunchActivity(ActivityThread.java:2136)

at android.app.ActivityThread.handleLaunchActivity(ActivityThread.java:2207)

at android.app.ActivityThread.access$600(ActivityThread.java:139)

at android.app.ActivityThread$H.handleMessage(ActivityThread.java:1205)

at android.os.Handler.dispatchMessage(Handler.java:99)

at android.os.Looper.loop(Looper.java:137)

at android.app.ActivityThread.main(ActivityThread.java:4896)

at java.lang.reflect.Method.invokeNative(Native Method)

at java.lang.reflect.Method.invoke(Method.java:511)

at com.android.internal.os.ZygoteInit$MethodAndArgsCaller.run(ZygoteInit.java:788)

at com.android.internal.os.ZygoteInit.main(ZygoteInit.java:555)

at dalvik.system.NativeStart.main(Native Method)

Caused by: java.io.FileNotFoundException: /sys/class/net/usb0/ifindex: open failed: ENOENT (No such file or directory)

at libcore.io.IoBridge.open(IoBridge.java:416)

at java.io.RandomAccessFile.<init>(RandomAccessFile.java:118)

at java.io.RandomAccessFile.<init>(RandomAccessFile.java:150)

at libcore.io.IoUtils.readFileAsBytes(IoUtils.java:115)

at libcore.io.IoUtils.readFileAsString(IoUtils.java:109)

at java.net.NetworkInterface.readIntFile(NetworkInterface.java:200)

... 19 more

Caused by: libcore.io.ErrnoException: open failed: ENOENT (No such file or directory)

at libcore.io.Posix.open(Native Method)

at libcore.io.BlockGuardOs.open(BlockGuardOs.java:110)

at libcore.io.IoBridge.open(IoBridge.java:400)

... 24 more

Guest Felsch

KonstaT, in the second post you talk about using: https://github.com/C...re_qcom_display

git clone https://github.com/ColdFusionX/android_hardware_qcom_display.git -b jellybean

rsync -av --delete ~/android_hardware_qcom_display/ ~/cm10/hardware/qcom/display/ --exclude='.git*'

that would work huh, would save me time downloading zips form github :D...

@Cyclothunder:

I wanted to say, that looks alot like the apps fault, Socketexeption is something like, the may not open a socket, thus may not connect to the internet, but then I read the io exception... There is the comes the question, whether it's the rom or the app. /not so useful comment :)

Anyways, later am going try to compile this myself again... and hope it will compile ...

Guest Cyclothunder

that would work huh, would save me time downloading zips form github :D...

@Cyclothunder:

I wanted to say, that looks alot like the apps fault, Socketexeption is something like, the may not open a socket, thus may not connect to the internet, but then I read the io exception... There is the comes the question, whether it's the rom or the app. /not so useful comment :)

Anyways, later am going try to compile this myself again... and hope it will compile ...

I have tested these apps on other phones running ICS or JB and they it works. The developer of bubbleupnp said it appears to be rom fault :(

i guess i'm not in luck.

Thanks for your reply :D

Guest KonstaT

Another test build. This has burstlam's egl hack - smooth ui, no streaming video. Screen flickering also seems to be gone. :) I'm still keeping the yesterdays build in the first post as some might prefer that. Also couple of bug fixes from the gerrit. Bootanimation is now fixed so you can copy your custom bootanimation to /system/media/bootanimation.zip. Size of back icon in navigation bar also fixed.

cm-10-20120809-KonstaKANG-blade.zip

http://www.mediafire...b0fpw5sb51f3yr1

md5:d520eb62d5b85c2ec9ec7a9449ae8089

-smooth ui - no streaming video

-bootanimation: allow using RGB565 instead of ARGB8888 (1)

-Back icon doesn't scale when changing navbar height (1)

Guest KonstaT

Just stuck on the 0808 build a few hour ago. it seems solid, thanks. I haven't noticed the differences with the Trebuchet launcher.

Again, I'd like to ask about TPT and space required and also any install sequence. I've been installing with a data reset, system format, ROM flash, reboot, pause, shutdown and restart, then Gapps. That all works but I may be wiping things I don't need to and my TPT has 205MB for system which is probably high.

There's only been few commits to trebuchet, it's still pretty much same as the default lancher - just renamed. ;)

System partition size depends on what gapps package you use and do you do some extra trimming yourself (e.g. you can save ~20mb from system by removing dictionaries you don't need). I'm not even sure what the system partition requirement is exactly. With the medium gapps package it should be around 160mb. That's why I've added Settings -> Partition info. ;)

[/CODE]

Just ignore that. I reverted most of the stuff from yesterday as it turned out to be useless. qcom/display in CM10 tree is actually now getting better for us. Even gralloc sort of works. :P

Hey KonstaT,

is it possible to fix this?

applications like bubbleupnp and others that have the same functionality don't work because of it.

this also happens in all ics roms for this phone :(

Yeah, that's because our device doesn't populate /sys/class/net/usb0. It's the same error as with that one youtube version and few other apps. It would probably be easier to fix it in the app than in the ROMs framework.

Guest shezar

Another test build. This has burstlam's egl hack - smooth ui, no streaming video. Screen flickering also seems to be gone. :) I'm still keeping the yesterdays build in the first post as some might prefer that. Also couple of bug fixes from the gerrit. Bootanimation is now fixed so you can copy your custom bootanimation to /system/media/bootanimation.zip. Size of back icon in navigation bar also fixed.

cm-10-20120809-KonstaKANG-blade.zip

http://www.mediafire...b0fpw5sb51f3yr1

md5:d520eb62d5b85c2ec9ec7a9449ae8089

-smooth ui - no streaming video

-bootanimation: allow using RGB565 instead of ARGB8888 (1)

-Back icon doesn't scale when changing navbar height (1)

Cool, thanks, that back icon was a pain in the ass, now I can use navbar ^_^

Guest ufizo

Im not sure if this has been posted before, or if this is known.

Switching to loudspeaker in call works, but I can't turn it off, without hanging up and creating a new call.

Guest Felsch

How big the /system has to be for the rom and full gapps-jb?

Let's say I can fit this rom on a 160 mb /system partition with medium gapps(154 mb/160 mb fyi). So I would suggest going alot higher the that. You can also try to remove some other stuff and then install it, like the dictionaries KonstaT says, maybe then you can fit the rom + full gapps. I did medium gapps since I figured I wouldn;t need that much from gapps :).

Guest Cyclothunder

Yeah, that's because our device doesn't populate /sys/class/net/usb0. It's the same error as with that one youtube version and few other apps. It would probably be easier to fix it in the app than in the ROMs framework.

Should i try to get help from the app. dev?

have no ideia if he will try doing this :(

Guest Nummer5

Does someone get "Google Now" working?

I resize system up to 215mb and try the full gapps package from #1 - nothing, googel search will not work :wacko:

App will close immediately.

btw many thanks to KonstaT!

Guest Nummer5

Does someone get "Google Now" working?

Works, but only with external app "voice search for google".

The buildin voice doesn´t...

EDIT: I read Voice is a ARMv6 problem... :blink:

Edited by Nummer5

Guest KonstaT

Im not sure if this has been posted before, or if this is known.

Switching to loudspeaker in call works, but I can't turn it off, without hanging up and creating a new call.

Yeah, someone already reported this. I think it worked when I initially did the libaudio/audio routing because I remember testing it back then. Will look into it sometime later (after someone reports if bluetooth headset audio routing works or not), not on top of my list though.

What about S2E support?

Is that implemented in the latest build?

There's nothing stopping you from using S2E script or any other similar a2sd method. It's the S2E app in the play shop that needs to be updated for jelly bean.There's nothing I can do about that. Some also say that there is some older (or hacked?) version of the app that doesn't check android version.

Guest dkkerry

Hi, okay I don't know if i'm doing something wrong but if I install the 8/09 rom or 8/08, it installs fine but if i try and install the gapps package the home buttun and the lockscreen don't work. I knew that was the prob with the gapps full package but i've tried the medium gapps it still doesn't work but it works for the 07/27 rom. Should i just update or do a fresh install with everything wiped?

Guest Cyclothunder

KonstaT,

One more question,

You said our devices don't populate /sys/class/net/usb0.

In gingerbread this doesn't happen. All works fine :(

Guest KonstaT

KonstaT,

One more question,

You said our devices don't populate /sys/class/net/usb0.

In gingerbread this doesn't happen. All works fine :(

Yeah, many things have changed since gingerbread. It was probably handled differently before. That path is now hardcoded into android 4+.

int interfaceIndex = readIntFile("/sys/class/net/" + interfaceName + "/ifindex");
[/CODE]

I'm sure the interface exception can be cought somewhere there. It'll turn out something really hacky if it's me who is going to do it though. :P Proper solution would be to update the usb gadget code in kernel, which sounds even worse from my point of view. ;)

What I still don't understand is why this app (or that one youtube version) needs usb0 interface. It's for usb tethering afaik.

Guest Gunnerzz

Hi, okay I don't know if i'm doing something wrong but if I install the 8/09 rom or 8/08, it installs fine but if i try and install the gapps package the home buttun and the lockscreen don't work. I knew that was the prob with the gapps full package but i've tried the medium gapps it still doesn't work but it works for the 07/27 rom. Should i just update or do a fresh install with everything wiped?

Just wipe and flash the wrong again. I get it a lot too.

Guest Loren82

from this last change I have the same result when trying to compile

Checking build tools versions...

external/v8/Android.mk:22: WARNING: Building on ARM with non-ARMv7 variant. On ARM, V8 is well tested only on ARMv7.

build/core/static_library.mk:18: *** frameworks/av/media/libstagefright/codecs/aacdec: Can not set module stem for a library.  Alto.

I return to repo sync, make clobber and go back to apply the patches and the same, repo sync, I apply the patches, make clobber and the same message, hahaha, this is staying with me, any ideas?.

Now, everything is as stated in the post from the beginning, not added to the 5th compiled well, that can not be

Guest Sulthekk

What I still don't understand is why this app (or that one youtube version) needs usb0 interface. It's for usb tethering afaik.

Well, those are upnp apps, and the youtube app crashes on something named 'remote', and if it's the multimedia remote function, then we got the link between them... I guess it's not only for tethering after all.:(