how do i back up.

Guest putbinoot

Guest putbinoot

Bit of a noob Question but when someone says back up the device before you do anything with it how are you doing it. Or is it a case of unlock boot loader install cwm and use that to back up before going root and installing ROMs.

Edited by putbinoot

Guest PaulOBrien

You can do 'adb backup' without the bootloader unlocked if you've already started setting up your device and you want to unlock the bootloader...

P

Guest putbinoot

You can do 'adb backup' without the bootloader unlocked if you've already started setting up your device and you want to unlock the bootloader...

P

Cheers Paul, I have been reading up on adb commands so will do that back up first.

Guest putbinoot

Can't adb. Driver installs under portable devices - nexus 7 but in other devices a nexus is lited and the driver fails to install for that. I have usb debugging on and storage - usb comuter connection set to PTP but when using adb devices i get nothing. I have tried updating the failed driver and pointing to the i386 folder of the naked usb drivers from xda site and uninstalled the drivers and pointed it to the same folder when trying to install but keep getting a driver failed to install so can't adb, any tips. I have google revision 6 usb drivers installed through sdk.

Edited by putbinoot

Guest putbinoot

Ok just an update could not get drivers to install but using one click root by m.smbra which installed PdaNet which installed the drivers for me I was able to get unlock and root. I did try an adb back up using adb,

adb backup -apk -shared -all -f C:\backupvanilla.ab and it seemed to do something but the backupvanilla.ab file failed to appear. After one click installed cwm I had problems getting into recovery and it seems you can only get into cwm recovery if the tablet is connected by usb, if not then it hangs at the white google screen. Cooked me a rom from the kitchen (money well spent that was) and I am of and running. cheers for rom Paul.