Nexus 7 "linked to Google account option" - safe to be resold without opening?

Guest drewstiff

Guest drewstiff

I got sick of waiting for my Play order N7 to be shipped so I bought one from Tesco Direct... but now the Play order is shipping. Ooops.

When I ordered I selected the option to have it pre-linked to my Google account. Can anyone who also selected this option tell me what the difference was when they first booted up the device?

I want to re-sell my Play N7 as "Brand new in box" but if it would be a security risk to give someone else a device pre-linked to my account then I would have to open it first to reset it.

Does it ask for your account password on first boot? If so, is it possible to ignore this and sign in as a different Google account (and not have any remnants of my Google account remaining after they do this)?

Guest TomRanson

I can confirm that it's only going to have your email address in. When booting it will say "Hello (your name), please input your password." It has your email address on the screen or a "Not (your name)?" button.

At least that is what I remember...I got an 8GB one from the Play Store with my details already put in.

Guest drewstiff

Ok thanks for your help guys, at least I'm confident I can sell it without giving someone else account access now!

I did think it would be a stupid mistake for Google to make if they did things that way (what about stolen devices?) but thought I best confirm first.