• Announcements

• Reminder - MoDaCo position on illegal content   07/30/15

ILLEGAL CONTENT I'd like to just reaffirm MoDaCo's position regarding piracy and illegal content in the light of some recent questions / postings. Posts will be censored by myself or my moderation team if the contain or link to: Illegal / pirated / cracked software or sites that host such softwareNintendo emulators / ROMs or sites hosting them (in light of Nintendo's legal stance)CUSTOM ROMS You may discuss and post links to custom device ROMs on MoDaCo, provided the following rules are adhered to: ROMs must not contain any illegal 3rd party software (this includes trial versions included without permission)ROMs must give full credit to the original authorISSUES If you have any issues with this policy, please contact PaulOBrien directly via PM.
    • Reminder: Selling items on the forum directly is not allowed   07/30/15

Please note that selling items on the forum directly is not allowed by the forum rules. There is a forum for eBay auctions whereby you can list the items on eBay and link to them there. This is the ONLY forum for this type of activity. You may also advertise links to the eBay forum in your signature. Please note that selling directly in contravention of these rules will result in a warning / suspension / ban.

YouTube preload Nexus 7

15 posts in this topic

Posted

On my Galaxy S3 YouTube has an option to preload videos over wifi. I can do this for either all subscribed channels or my watch it later list.

I can't seem to find an option to do this on the NX7 YouTube app. Anyone know how (if) to enable this?

Posted

It appears from my reading around that it has not yet been included for the NX7.

Wonder if the more enterprising folks of this parish will be able to work around?

Posted

Strange... i'll have a poke around.

P

Posted

From what I gathered Paul Google are saying it is only ICS so far. But a few Galaxy Nexus users seem to have it working on JB

Posted

Is it because the Nexus 7 has no cell connection? Reason I suggest this is because from what I understand when you pre-load the videos you still have to have an internet connection to authenticate with prior to playback.

So given that when the Nexus 7 is off WiFi its effectively offline it was deemed a surplus feature??

Posted

From what I gathered Paul Google are saying it is only ICS so far. But a few Galaxy Nexus users seem to have it working on JB

New YouTube version just released... Wonder if that has it?

P

Posted

Nope, there are a whole raft of options missing from the Nexus 7 interface as compared with my Nexus S running JB. :/

Posted

Yeah deffo not in the app on my Nexus even after update. Seems strange

Posted

Yeah deffo not in the app on my Nexus even after update. Seems strange

This is fixed in the latest MCR... I patched the preloading option back in. :-)

P

Posted (edited)

@paulobrien, any chance you can make your modded youtube with preload feature available as a stand alone flash for people on other custom ROMs?

Edited by thetrystero

Posted

@paulobrien, any chance you can make your modded youtube with preload feature available as a stand alone flash for people on other custom ROMs?

Oh please! Oh please! Oh please!

Or just tell us what file you patched and maybe a general idea of what you did? I can't believe another update was released and it SPECIFICALLY ADDRESSED PRELOADING but didn't enable the option on Google's flagship tablet!! WTF!?!

TIA Paul!

Billy

Posted

I installed the latest MCR and do not find the option to preload...

Can anybody tell me how to enable preloading?

Posted

Why wouldn't you just download the videos you want, and push/drag them to the Nexus 7? Simpler.

Posted

Why wouldn't you just download the videos you want, and push/drag them to the Nexus 7? Simpler.

So...

-get a browser plugin for your desktop computer to rip the you tube video,

-install an MTP app on your desktop too (good luck finding something decent/reliable on Linux BTW)

-plug your N7 into your computer with a USB cable

-transfer ripped YouTube video to N7

-download a .flv player/codec on your N7

-finally watch the stupid video

VERSUS

Open "settings" in YouTube app and check, "Preload Videos".

RIIIIIIIIIGHT! MUCH EASIER!

That must be why Google built the option into every other device!

Posted

So...

-get a browser plugin for your desktop computer to rip the you tube video,

-install an MTP app on your desktop too (good luck finding something decent/reliable on Linux BTW)

-plug your N7 into your computer with a USB cable

-transfer ripped YouTube video to N7

-download a .flv player/codec on your N7

-finally watch the stupid video

VERSUS

Open "settings" in YouTube app and check, "Preload Videos".

RIIIIIIIIIGHT! MUCH EASIER!

That must be why Google built the option into every other device!

Sarcasm not needed.