Anyone sitsching from Xoom 2 ME to GN7?

Guest achim w.

Guest achim w.

I just wondered if there is someone out there who could give me some advice what to do.

We had this iBood offer for a Motorola Xoom 2 Media Edition for 249 € (which is really cheap) and I ordered one. But now I'm not sure anymore which device to get, the Xoom or the Nexus 7. Therefore my question: Did anyone of you Nexus 7 users have a Xoom before and if why did you exchange it against the N7 and if are you happy with your decision.

Thanks a lot for helping me to find the right way.

Guest PaulOBrien

I like the Hardware on the Xoom 2 Media Edition, it's a great size, I just don't really like Moto's software. Is ICS out for it yet? JB looks a long way off, if ever and AFAIK it's very locked down.

P

Guest achim w.

... Is ICS out for it yet? JB looks a long way off, if ever and AFAIK it's very locked down.

P

AFAIK ICS is available now (at least some owner reported about being able to update). And about the ability to root or even use an alternative ROM - there's not really anything to be found on the internet.

Guest cjb110

Doesn't sound great, unless you really really want a rear camera ;) ...its dual core 1.2Ghz, fixed 16gb non expandable, standard LCD rather than IPS, does have hdmi out though.

So the Nexus is better tech wise, plus its unlocked with a greater chance of long term support.

If it was cheaper than the 7, then might be tempting.