'Hard Locked' Phone - can this be fixed?

Guest 109android

Guest 109android

Hope someone can point me in the right direction please, I've searched and found no solution to this exact problem.

A family member has an Orange San Francisco 2, original stock rom, not been unlocked. She tried to put in a non-orange sim several times, and has (as far as i can tell) "Hard locked" the phone. When booting the phone i'm asked for 'SIM network unlock pin', no calls can be made.

​Contacted orange, however the phone has passed warranty limit, so ZTE refuse to fix.

Is there any way to reset this phone, or unlock it, so an orange sim can be used again?

Note: I've tried to follow some of the unlock threads, but i'm unable to switch to USB debug mode because i cannot enter any of the phone menu's. I can connect the phone to PC in USB file transfer mode (view microSD storage, transfer files). I do not have clockwork installed either (rather i have no idea how to get that installed with USB debugging mode unavailable)

Edited by 109android

Guest CurtisAndroidSF2

Not sure if this will work but flashing a stock TPT might do the trick. Make a folder on your SD called 'image' then download a stock orange tpt and rename it to image.bin and put it inside the 'image' folder then turn your device off and hold power button, home and volume+. (I think).

I'd wait for someone with more experience to reply first though.

Guest 109android

Thanks for the suggestion :) .

I came across that thread, and thought i'd ask before i tried something that drastic (seems like something to try as a last resort).

Especially since i have no idea if that would fix the network hard lock either

Guest 109android

So - thought i'd wait it over the weekend and hope for an experienced opinion - is there's any fix for this network hard lock?

If not, i'm planning on trying to TPT the image with cache 20mb system 200mb userdata 220mb (from this thread), cant seem to find a working link to an unbranded stock ROM?

Edited by 109android

Guest 109android

Can't believe i've not thrown phone out of the nearest window over the least couple hours. If anyone does hardlock their phone, here's what finally fixed it:

1. Download 'San Francisco II SD card upgrading instruction & software' from this post - which is basically a stock TPT image with a stock rom included, directly from ZTE. TPT the image file

2. Unlock the phone - see this tutorial

Edited by 109android