[ICS] [4.0.4] CyanogenMod 9.1 [ROM]

Guest Dazzozo

Guest dan nedan

It's not the connection, it's the initiation of the module.

it could help: Radio Interface Layer? for wifi issues?

i see here:

"...

IF YOU ARE HAVING RANDOM REBOOTS AND NETWORK PROBLEMS THIS COULD RESOLVE YOUR PROBLEMS. "

just asking!

it could help: Radio Interface Layer? for wifi issues?

i see here: http://www.modaco.co.../page__hl__ ril

"...

IF YOU ARE HAVING RANDOM REBOOTS AND NETWORK PROBLEMS THIS COULD RESOLVE YOUR PROBLEMS. "

just asking!

Basically what Daz has said is that wifi issues are caused by conflicts with the RIL so he will have to look into it so give him sometime on that one.

As for FM Radio the internal tuner may never be used as it implemented in the huawei stock roms and this a not a huawei stock rom, it is CM so things like that a re pain to fix, maybe later but not for now.

There are loads of RADIO apps on the play store anyway so use those and if you dont like it use another rom, its out of his hands.

Edited by mack_

Guest Dante2070

Rom works great. Very smooth, and finally all apps work like a charm. Got a force close once on the camera, when trying to record video, this did not repeat. Also wi fi bug, The deleting of the known network seems to do trick.

Guest Dazzozo

Man, I see such bad understanding here.

The situation with the Wi-Fi crash actually comes down to the device being under heavy load for whatever reason. When you toggle Wi-Fi it's a bit of an understatement to say a lot happens behind the scenes, but the pain point is when it attempts to perform a huge page allocation (of order 5). If the system is under less load, this is when you don't get the crash.

People having it more than others will probably come down to some specific usage patterns which there's no point analysing because we already know the technical reason stated above. Still, enabling Wi-Fi makes the system really unstable, even on stock kernels - you may have noticed it judder around a ton while you switch Wi-Fi on and back out of a menu.

Nothing to do with RIL guys -- actually understand what RIL is before you throw that term around. It's no magic tricks, either. It's currently my only focus so it's only a matter of time.

Guest joandrade

Amazing work, Daz, well worth the wait. The only issue I found (apart from freezing on the first time I turned wi-fi on, which is always on anyway) was not being able to use wi-fi as a location source. It got fixed with a reboot, though.

well instagram works if you're not using the instagram advanced camera, so just go into the settings>camera settings

and untick the option and it should work.

Enjoy

It does work if you do this, thanks!

It's currently my only focus so it's only a matter of time.

I know I'm going to sound like a sycophant but seriously, to say you are a credit to the android community is an understatement. Respect where due.

As Dazzozo says it is more down to how you use it that causes the wifi problem, i have just purposely crashed my phone by waking from sleep my phone with wifi off. Running an app that needs a internet connection and while its trying to find a connection enable wifi through the notification bar and it froze. In normal use if you enable wifi and dont run a program till its got a data connection there should be no problem using this build.

Also if it does freeze, dont arse about pulling the battery, the system will reset itself in a minute or two.

Great rom, nice to be using CM again :D

Guest andy/newbie

firstly a grate rom thanks so much i had the wifi freez once. its been fine ever since i can turn it of and on no problem at all, the only problem i have is i can not play flash video filmon app only sound same with bbciplayer netflix wont load and when i try streeming its very laggy if it ever plays is it just me whos got this problem?

I am a bit of a newbie since the G300 arrived today and it is for my wife. I have successfully upgraded it to ICS 4.0.3 using a file I downloaded from Huawei using the links here. I have also installed Android apps which has installed the Play Store and Search. However I can't see Maps and Navigation. Anyway, my wife won't like the initial Chinese splash screen so I am considering installing this mod. I am not sure of the alternatives and my wife isn't a power user (far from it - she is upgrading from a Nokia 5800 and is about to have a shock!). That said it is absolutely critical to get maps, navigation and a nice look and feel for her :) Please advise. Thanks.

edit - actually just looking about I think Modaco may be more suitable for her needs?

Edited by feival

Guest andy/newbie

I am a bit of a newbie since the G300 arrived today and it is for my wife. I have successfully upgraded it to ICS 4.0.3 using a file I downloaded from Huawei using the links here. I have also installed Android apps which has installed the Play Store and Search. However I can't see Maps and Navigation. Anyway, my wife won't like the initial Chinese splash screen so I am considering installing this mod. I am not sure of the alternatives and my wife isn't a power user (far from it - she is upgrading from a Nokia 5800 and is about to have a shock!). That said it is absolutely critical to get maps, navigation and a nice look and feel for her :) Please advise. Thanks.

edit - actually just looking about I think Modaco may be more suitable for her needs?

you can download maps of play store my advice would be to root and install cwm and then flash cm9 its the best rom for the g300 in my opinon

Hello Dazz! I have the CM9 rom for3 days and only had 2 wifi crashes. Mai main problem is the volume sound when i talk to someone. Yes the volume in speaking on the phone is much better than ICS but it;s not as clearer. Is there a way to solve this problem? Does DSP Manager have a role in this issue? thx

So from daz explanation i assume the best way to minimize the chance of wifi crash have as less as possible apps processes ect running as the more stress on the phone the more chance of it happening. Thats how i read it anyways.

For all of those wanting to use Radio.

Go on the play store and download tune in radio and it works .

post-981359-13530525921844_thumb.jpg

TuneIn is internet radio, listening to steams. We want radio using the atenna built into the default headphones.

Perhaps someone can help me. I have a Vodafone UK handset, now upgraded to ICS and CM9 ROM installed on it. I have purchased an unlock code but now when I power up the phone with a non-Vodafone SIM in it I am not prompted to enter the SIM unlock code. I presume I should have done this first. What should I now do. I am very capable of following instructions but this is confusing so if in your response you can include the appropriate hyperlink with instructions I will be VERY grateful :)

Thanks.

Guest Dante2070

For all of those wanting to use Radio.

Go on the play store and download tune in radio and it works .

post-981359-13530525921844_thumb.jpg

Like goekane pointed it out, this is an online radio, which works via data or wifi connection streaming from the internet.

Does anyone know if it's possible to clear or disable the frequently called list in cyanogenmod?

Edited by Dante2070