[ICS] [4.0.4] CyanogenMod 9.1 [ROM]

Guest Dazzozo

Guest lighters

Installed this app from the latest version of infusion and had my first crash :'( (Whats the best way to reset the phone when it freezes?)

Rebooted into CWM (6.0.1.2) I have never updated as all my installs have worked so is there any need?

Wiped file/cache

Installed latest cm9 R3

Instlled gaps

Rebooted

Worked fine going through things until I launched the default browsers and went to a website and while that site was loading I pulled the notifications down and enabled the wifi setting and my phone just instantly froze!

Advice?

Now seem to be stuck on the cyanogenmod boot screen :'(

Edit - Hmm, booted into CWM:

wiped everything

flashed cm9 r3

installed gaps ics

rebooted and stuck at huawei logo :'(

Edited by lighters

Guest tcpaulh

You should format the system partition (dont think it does it by default) before flashing and do a factory reset in cwm before flashing if not upgrading from previous CM9

Guest lighters

Silly question but how do I do that? I boot into cwm and then wipe file/cache and thats pretty much it :'(

Is the factory reset same as format file/cache, if not where is it in options?

As posted previously, infusion b05

Guest tracasan

seems google play has a problem with my home wi-fi. tried a neighbours wi-fi and downloads work just fine. this is odd... everything works just fine exept downloads from google play...

Guest tcpaulh

What grizzlyflea said :)

Then have a look around at the possible options

Format system is in mounts and storage

Factory reset is easy to find too

Edited by tcpaulh

Guest tcpaulh

seems google play has a problem with my home wi-fi. tried a neighbours wi-fi and downloads work just fine. this is odd... everything works just fine exept downloads from google play...

Bit odd. I'd tell it to forget your wifi settings on the phone, reboot router and phone and try again.

Guest PaulMilbank

in a first for me with this rom, I am getting wifi loading, but not turning blue to indicate a working connection through wifi. Will try take a logcat this afternoon and see if I can diagnose the problem.

Guest tcpaulh

in a first for me with this rom, I am getting wifi loading, but not turning blue to indicate a working connection through wifi. Will try take a logcat this afternoon and see if I can diagnose the problem.

Apologies if it's obvious but have you tried levelling the playing field by getting it to forget everything, resetting at both ends and retrying?

Edit: Also, check any mac address filtering cos that has changed somewhat

Edited by tcpaulh

Guest PaulMilbank

Scratch that for now, wiped cache, dalvic cache, fixed permissions, did a full reboot of the router and made the system forget the wifi password and re-enter it again. Finally turned blue. Will keep an eye on it and logcat if it happens again

Guest PaulMilbank

Apologies if it's obvious but have you tried levelling the playing field by getting it to forget everything, resetting at both ends and retrying?

Edit: Also, check any mac address filtering cos that has changed somewhat

Cheers man, was likely a mac address conflict or something similar on the router. Fixed after resetting everything.

Guest TangerineTractor

All working very nicely here, much improved from r2, and now certainly the smoothest and nicest Rom around. IPlayer now working well, no bugs anywhere.. the only thing missing is the fm radio, which is never going to happen, I guess.

nice work daz.

Guest Dazzozo

Running really well here. The only issue I have seen is the occasional missing notification bar, happened two or three times since the update I think.

post-923750-0-72529600-1353716245_thumb.

Always been there, even since the original CM9.

Oddly, it never happened in CM10... :o

Guest flixblixclix

hmmmm......

updated with latest,

then cleared dalvik cache....

and now app drawer - apps label missing letters ....... like Mxplayer looks like _xplayer and almost all apps with _(underscore)

solved: just clear laucher data and restart

or else just restore ur backup of apex launcher if on apex .....

Edited by flixblixclix

Guest raverrr

I was waiting for a big ban stick ;)

naa I'm fully aware of the unspoken "google before ask" policy lol. thought it was hillarious :D

@Dazz

Brilliant work! So glad i now have working flash. Very smooth and fast ROM. Mahoooosive thumbs up.