[ICS] [4.0.4] CyanogenMod 9.1 [ROM]

Guest Dazzozo

Guest Christiansdad

I believe you can edit the build.prop by adding ro.ril.fast.dormancy.rule=0 not sure if this is all that is needed. I can't find the link to xda though where i found this. There is also reference to it in the Infusion thread.

I tried it. it does not changes when I turn data off. So it is not an error with the battery stats it is just huge drain. I have also noticed that the phone is getting warmer which might be consistent with someones statement that the CPU is used big time during browsing in 3g.

Could it be that fast dormancy is not supported by my network thus the phone keeps switching the data on and off?

How I disable it?

Guest shpibrazz

My in-call volume goes from 20% to 100% in five seconds after i make/recieve a call! the volume rocker is not responding! Is there any solution?i'm using r3

Guest psionandy

People with battery issues - do you just get a lot of battery drain when mobile data is on? Have you tried turning it off and seeing if battery life changes?

If mobile data is off, then there's not drain, but when mobile data is gone it occurs. No overclocking on. Setting it to 3G only (instead of letting it flip between 2g and 3g) doesn't make any difference. Governor is set to On demand (which is the default setting)

Guest unaszplodrmann

since phone internal storage is like 3KB/s and my SD card is ~15MB/s I guess this would speed up the loading times and phone in general by A LOT for people with good class 10 SD cards :)

Horse poop. :P

With SD Tools and CM9, you're currently looking at around 7-8MB/s write and 32-33MB/s read from the internal flash storage. I have a very capable Samsung Class 10 SD card and it benches at 12MB/s write and 20MB/s read under the same environment. 'Load'times are clearly faster from the internal storage than any SD available.

Edited by unaszplodrmann

Guest DJ Hanz

I works nice :) But when I used S3 1.6 ROM I'got 4083 points in antutu and now I have 3753 points. And I have one question: What does it means, that gui is hardware accelerated? Is is something like project butter in JB?

Something's wrong here. I was using CM9 R1 -> R2 -> R3 OTA. I decided to reflash the ROM cause some minor bugs like AM/PM Style. So here is what I do:

-backup apps, sms, call log, wifi ap, launcher layout with GO Backup. Formated the SD card.

-wipe data / cache / dalvik

-format system

-flash R3

-flash gapps

-reboot

-restore with GO Backup

Now the AM/PM bug is still there (not a big deal). But now I have Caller ID lag bug that wasn't there before that reflash.

What's going on?

Guest Ludak021

Horse poop. :P

With SD Tools and CM9, you're currently looking at around 7-8MB/s write and 32-33MB/s read from the internal flash storage. I have a very capable Samsung Class 10 SD card and it benches at 12MB/s write and 20MB/s read under the same environment. 'Load'times are clearly faster from the internal storage than any SD available.

that's weird, antutu says different and when I move apps to SD they load faster, noticeably faster, especially games, navigation, etc. :) I guess we have two totally different experiences.

Edited by Ludak021

Guest unaszplodrmann

that's weird, antutu says different and when I move apps to SD they load faster, noticeably faster, especially games, navigation, etc. :) I guess we have two totally different experiences.

Antutu is not a reliable benchmark, that's why.

Guest Ludak021

Antutu is not a reliable benchmark, that's why.

what is reliable benchmark then?! Pray tell me how did you manage to use SDTools to test system internal memory speed since the app has neither root permission nor enough space in system to actually test these speeds? Best I managed to do is test 2GB internal storage. It seems to me that SDTools is using ONE large (190mb?!) chunk to read/write and measure speed. If that is reliable I am Santa Claus. :P

All I know is that If Navigon takes a minute to load from phone memory and after clearing it from memory and cache and moving it to SD it takes 12-15 seconds, that is reliable enough to me no matter what any tool may say. We all know it's one thing to read/write small files and large files, speed may differ up to 1000% between r/w of 4kb file and a 1gb single file, maybe even more.

Noticed a weird bug today. I can't get ringtone to work. I only get vibrations on incoming calls. Everything is set, ringtone volume at 6/7, no silent mode, SMS or E-mail notifications work normally. Any ideas?

Edited by ovecka

Guest Ludak021

Other thing: Viber voice calls not working for me for some reason, people can hear me but I can't hear them :S Maybe it's a network issue. Anyone using Viber with R3? Is it working for voice or not?

Guest bladebuddy

what is reliable benchmark then?! Pray tell me how did you manage to use SDTools to test system internal memory speed since the app has neither root permission nor enough space in system to actually test these speeds? Best I managed to do is test 2GB internal storage. It seems to me that SDTools is using ONE large (190mb?!) chunk to read/write and measure speed. If that is reliable I am Santa Claus. :P

All I know is that If Navigon takes a minute to load from phone memory and after clearing it from memory and cache and moving it to SD it takes 12-15 seconds, that is reliable enough to me no matter what any tool may say. We all know it's one thing to read/write small files and large files, speed may differ up to 1000% between r/w of 4kb file and a 1gb single file, maybe even more.

I sort of agree with you. On my ZTE Blade I used app2sd to move apps and cache to the sd cards external partition and used an sd booster app.

The sd card is a class 10 San disc.

Now as my house has 3 blades all running the same rom.

I can say without a shadow of doubt that my phone is very noticeably faster then the the other 2.

Its also stated as an improvement on Chinese blades with half the ram as the European blades to use something similar to improve performance.

Is there an option to reboot into recovery (CWM) or do you have to do it manually (battery pull). I didn't notice one. If there isn't an option could it be added in as it would save a lot of messing about with battery covers etc.... Just a thought!

Is there an option to reboot into recovery (CWM) or do you have to do it manually (battery pull). I didn't notice one. If there isn't an option could it be added in as it would save a lot of messing about with battery covers etc.... Just a thought!

Power button > reboot > select which option you want.