MoDaCo is undergoing planned maintenance. Site functionality may be reduced - follow @modaco or @paulobrien on Twitter for updates.

• Announcements

• Reminder - MoDaCo position on illegal content

ILLEGAL CONTENT I'd like to just reaffirm MoDaCo's position regarding piracy and illegal content in the light of some recent questions / postings. Posts will be censored by myself or my moderation team if the contain or link to: Illegal / pirated / cracked software or sites that host such software
      Nintendo emulators / ROMs or sites hosting them (in light of Nintendo's legal stance)

CUSTOM ROMS

You may discuss and post links to custom device ROMs on MoDaCo, provided the following rules are adhered to: ROMs must not be hosted directly in topic via the MoDaCo attachment system
      ROMs must not contain any illegal 3rd party software (this includes trial versions included without permission)
      ROMs must give full credit to the original author
      This decision has been taken in light of the huge amount of interest in this area of device customisation within the community, and member feedback! Please note that custom ROM discussion should be kept in specific device sub-areas, (e.g. Kaiser.MoDaCo.com for Kaiser based devices). ISSUES If you have any issues with this policy, please contact me directly via PM. P
    • Support MoDaCo by signing up to a MoDaCo Silver or Gold membership

To sign up to an annual MoDaCo Silver subscription which will eliminate all ads from the site (as well as giving you access to the MoDaCo Online Kitchens for Android) for only £9.99 using PayPal, Credit or Debit Card, ensure you are logged in to the site, and then click the link below, which will take you directly to the subscription store! You can also sign up to an annual MoDaCo Gold subscription for £29.99, which adds the benefits listed below! PURCHASE A MODACO SUBSCRIPTION - FREE Titanium Backup Mobile for Android worth $5.99! - FREE 1 year PrivateInternetAccess.com worth $39.95! - FREE 1 year LastPass Premium worth $12! - FREE CalcConvert for Pocket PC from Binaryfish worth $17.95! - FREE Calendar Bar for Pocket PC from OmegaOne worth $9.99! - FREE CamerAware for Pocket PC and Smartphone from MoDaCo worth £19.99 / $30! - FREE Chronos for Pocket PC from ActiveKitten worth $14.95! - FREE CodeWallet Pro for Smartphone and Pocket PC from DeveloperOne worth up to $24.95! - FREE Concentrix for Pocket PC from eSoft Interactive worth $9.95! - FREE FlexMail for Pocket PC and Smartphone from WebIS worth up to $59.90! - FREE FTouchSL for Pocket PC from Vekoff s.r.o. worth 10 euro / $12.50! - FREE Jewel Challenge for Pocket PC from eSoft Interactive worth $9.95! - FREE John Cody's Alerts Pro for Smartphone from Omnisoft worth $14.95! - FREE LingvoSoft Talking Dictionary 2008 English <-> Dutch for Pocket PC from Lingvosoft worth $49.95! - FREE LingvoSoft Talking Dictionary 2008 English <-> French for Pocket PC from Lingvosoft worth $49.95! - FREE LingvoSoft Talking Dictionary 2008 English <-> German for Pocket PC from Lingvosoft worth $49.95! - FREE LingvoSoft Talking Dictionary 2008 English <-> Italian for Pocket PC from Lingvosoft worth $49.95! - FREE LingvoSoft Talking Dictionary 2008 English <-> Spanish for Pocket PC from Lingvosoft worth $49.95! - FREE LingvoSoft Dictionary English <-> Dutch for Smartphone from Lingvosoft worth $49.95! - FREE LingvoSoft Dictionary English <-> French for Smartphone from Lingvosoft worth $49.95! - FREE LingvoSoft Dictionary English <-> German for Smartphone from Lingvosoft worth $49.95! - FREE LingvoSoft Dictionary English <-> Russian for Smartphone from Lingvosoft worth $49.95! - FREE LingvoSoft Dictionary English <-> Turkish for Smartphone from Lingvosoft worth $49.95! - FREE Note2Self for Pocket PC and Smartphone from WebIS worth up to $19.90! - FREE Opera 8.60 for Pocket PC and Smartphone from Opera Software worth up to $48! - FREE Pocket Informant for Pocket PC and Smartphone from WebIS worth up to $59.90! - FREE Pocket Launcher for Pocket PC and Smartphone from Conduits worth $9.95! - FREE PTab for Pocket PC and Smartphone from z4soft worth up to $60! - FREE Resco Explorer for Pocket PC and Smartphone from Resco worth up to $49.90! - FREE Safemode for Pocket PC from monocube worth $12.95 - FREE SplashPhoto for Pocket PC and Smartphone from SplashData worth up to $59.90! - FREE Sprite Backup for Pocket PC and Smartphone from Sprite Software worth $29.95! - FREE Teksoft Glyphs UI for Pocket PC and Smartphone from Teksoft €9.95! - FREE Teksoft HeadsetRemote for Pocket PC and Smartphone from Teksoft €4.95! - FREE Traffic Jam for Pocket PC from eSoft Interactive worth $9.95! - FREE unlock (1 per year) from imei-check.co.uk - DISCOUNT of 10% at MoDaCo FairDeal - DISCOUNT of 10% at Semsons.com - FORUM - AD FREE SITE - FORUM - custom rank / title - FORUM - double competition entries - FORUM - double post attachment space - FORUM - no search flood control - FORUM - priority event registration - FORUM - triple PM space
    • Reminder: Selling items on the forum directly is not allowed

Please note that selling items on the forum directly is not allowed by the forum rules. There is a forum for eBay auctions whereby you can list the items on eBay and link to them there. This is the ONLY forum for this type of activity. You may also advertise links to the eBay forum in your signature. Please note that selling directly in contravention of these rules will result in a warning / suspensions / ban.

[JB] [4.1.2] CyanogenMod 10.0 [ROM]

2222 posts in this topic

Posted · Report post

Hi Thanks to Daz and All contributing to this forum, got my first custom ROM installed. Feels good, thanks.

Well I experience two problems.

1) The notification bar at top is hanging (getting stuck including the clock time, screen shot to show the differnece in actual and notification bar time) every 5 minutes. Restart make it active for next 5 minutes. Anybody else with same problem or solution.

2) If I download a widget, it is not appearing in the widget list.

Regards,

Sattam

The analogue clock shows 10:0 while the notification bar shows 20:08 :(

post-1002885-0-64784600-1357423252_thumb

Posted · Report post

Hi,

I've tried to apply Bluetooth audio_policy.conf fix, but now not only headset but even phone calls are routed to loudspeaker, I think I've managed to screw up that file and have no backup. Could someone please upload that file with or without Bluetooth fix. Don't want to re flash.

Big thanks.

I should know better as to fiddle with system files without backing up.

Update: never mind, I restored file with one unzipped from ROM, still having same problem though.

audio_policy_R1.rar

audio_policy_R2.rar

Posted (edited) · Report post

Hi Thanks to Daz and All contributing to this forum, got my first custom ROM installed. Feels good, thanks.

Well I experience two problems.

1) The notification bar at top is hanging (getting stuck including the clock time, screen shot to show the differnece in actual and notification bar time) every 5 minutes. Restart make it active for next 5 minutes. Anybody else with same problem or solution.

2) If I download a widget, it is not appearing in the widget list.

Regards,

Sattam

The analogue clock shows 10:0 while the notification bar shows 20:08 :(

post-26296-0-63002200-1356082569_thumb.png

"/system/build.prop" -> "debug.composition.type=mdp" -> "debug.composition.type=gpu"

2 - widget install to internal sdcard

Edited by Riverlions

Posted · Report post

Another issue that I didn't saw mentioned: swiftkey keeps crashing.

Posted · Report post

Another issue that I didn't saw mentioned: swiftkey keeps crashing.

Running this now on my test build and it's working properly, so potentially fixed already.

Posted · Report post

S6aSW.png

Can't play any music files copied to the SD card.

Erased SD card from settings>storage. Should I try it from the recovery one more time?

Posted · Report post

"/system/build.prop" -> "debug.composition.type=mdp" -> "debug.composition.type=gpu"

where do you find this setting? or what program do you use? the only 'system' i can find is in settings!

Posted · Report post

where do you find this setting? or what program do you use? the only 'system' i can find is in settings!

Install a file explorer (ES File explorer). Give it root permission. Then browse to the /system/ folder

You will see a file named build.prop. Open that file>edit>Save..... Voila

Note: If you can't save the file then change file read/write permission from properties before editing (Long press on the file will show you the menu)

.......hope this helps.

Posted · Report post

cheers for that!!!

Posted · Report post

Don't mean to be a grinch but I've had too many problems with this rom. Status bar, apps/keyboard freezing, phone restarting, sd automatically unmounting :s just to name a few

Posted · Report post

Don't mean to be a grinch but I've had too many problems with this rom. Status bar, apps/keyboard freezing, phone restarting, sd automatically unmounting :s just to name a few
all this is stated before, work is in progress as we speak please just wait for the new release ^_^.

Don't use it then. Stop complaining. The package IS clearly labeled "experimental" and all of the problems you've just described have been posted in this topic dozens of times.

I for one am grateful to Dazzozo for cm9 and cm10 and I'm sure those bugs will be fixed in future builds. Furthermore if you had read ANY of this thread you'd see that there is a fix for the notification bar freezes.

The only time I had restarts was cos I tried over clocking which is pointless anyway.

So yeah, use another ROM until this one is stable enough for your liking. Simple. ;)

Edited by Caglio

Posted · Report post

"Status bar, apps/keyboard freezing"

This is solved with the build.prop edit

"phone restarting"

This is solved by reducing the overclock

"sd automatically unmounting"

Never seen this, faulty sd card?

Posted · Report post

I'm still having problems with the phone losing cell signal regularly. Seems to happon pretty randomly and none of the fault logs in the thread seem to mention it. The only fix is to restart the phone pretty much every time I want to make a call which as you can imaging is a ball ache!

Anyone else suffering this fault? I'm at the point now where I'm wondering is it a handset issue rather than a rom one!!

Posted · Report post

I'm still having problems with the phone losing cell signal regularly. Seems to happon pretty randomly and none of the fault logs in the thread seem to mention it. The only fix is to restart the phone pretty much every time I want to make a call which as you can imaging is a ball ache!

Anyone else suffering this fault? I'm at the point now where I'm wondering is it a handset issue rather than a rom one!!

This has happened to me but it hasn't been that frequent.

Dazzozo please tell us when can we expect a new version R3? i am roll back to infusion B7 because this ROM is more stable for me and works all apps.

Edited by marcars

Dazzozo did you fix the battery stats?

Edited by Curlie

Posted · Report post

I have a problem. Tried to modify build.prop "/system/build.prop" -> "debug.composition.type=mdp" -> "debug.composition.type=gpu". I copied the build.prop from system because i could not modify it with the file manager (root acces granted, mount system files as writable) on the sdcard, i modified it then replaced. I restarted my phone and it remained stuck at the Huawei logo, and had to flash CM10 again. What am i doing wrong?

Posted · Report post

This has happened to me but it hasn't been that frequent.

How oten are you getting it? I'm having it several times a day. OK with an outgoing call as I know about it and just reboot the phone, but I miss loads of calls and am late getting texts as a result. The wife has the same phone and she has no worries so it's not the area we are in or anything like that.

Posted · Report post

Running this now on my test build and it's working properly, so potentially fixed already.

i use it and no problems at all

I have a problem. Tried to modify build.prop "/system/build.prop" -> "debug.composition.type=mdp" -> "debug.composition.type=gpu". I copied the build.prop from system because i could not modify it with the file manager (root acces granted, mount system files as writable) on the sdcard, i modified it then replaced. I restarted my phone and it remained stuck at the Huawei logo, and had to flash CM10 again. What am i doing wrong?

in RootExplorer vystovit have file permissions

XX0

X00

X00

for changes in the system files of a folder, you must press the button R \ W -> R \ O

sorry for my english ->translate.google :unsure:

Edited by Riverlions

Posted · Report post

I have started to port CM10 for G300 too. I have started it from scratch , you can see the screenshot of my build on a hungarian forum :

http://prohardver.hu..._6737-6749.html

I have some bugs which I want to fix before the first public build.

To fix battery stats frameworks/base/core/res/res/xml/power_profile.xml should be defined in overlay . I used my Nexus S's power_profile.xml.

<?xml version="1.0" encoding="utf-8"?>

<!--

** Copyright 2009, The Android Open Source Project

** Licensed under the Apache License, Version 2.0 (the "License")

** you may not use this file except in compliance with the License.

** You may obtain a copy of the License at

**	 http://www.apache.org/licenses/LICENSE-2.0

** Unless required by applicable law or agreed to in writing, software

** distributed under the License is distributed on an "AS IS" BASIS,

** WITHOUT WARRANTIES OR CONDITIONS OF ANY KIND, either express or implied.

** See the License for the specific language governing permissions and

** limitations under the License.

*/

-->

<device name="Android">

<item name="none">0</item>

<item name="screen.on">49</item>

<item name="bluetooth.active">142</item> <!-- In call -->

<item name="bluetooth.on">0.3</item>

<!-- CPU wakelock held for 830ms on bluetooth headset at command. 43mA * 830 -->

<item name="bluetooth.at">35690</item>

<item name="screen.full">260</item>

<item name="wifi.on">4</item>

<item name="wifi.active">120</item>

<item name="wifi.scan">220</item>

<item name="dsp.audio">88</item>

<item name="dsp.video">88</item>

<item name="radio.active">185</item>

<item name="gps.on">50</item>

<item name="battery.capacity">1500</item>

<item name="radio.scanning">88</item>

<array name="radio.on"> <!-- Strength 0 to BINS-1 -->

<value>3.4</value>

<value>3.4</value>

</array>

<array name="cpu.speeds">

<value>122880</value>

<value>245760</value>

<value>480000</value>

<value>600000</value>

<value>1008000</value>

</array>

<!-- Power consumption in suspend -->

<item name="cpu.idle">1.4</item>

<!-- Power consumption due to wake lock held -->

<item name="cpu.awake">44</item>

<!-- Power consumption at different speeds -->

<array name="cpu.active">

<value>55.4</value>

<value>82.1</value>

<value>113.7</value>

<value>205.4</value>

<value>259.0</value>

</array>

</device>

Sorry for the offtopic , I know its Dazzozo's thread.

Posted · Report post

Fixing the stats is easy, but it's important you feed that file correct information. It's better to have no stats until the best values can be found for it.

What's the point in two CM10s btw? Sounds a little like reinventing the wheel to me... :P

Posted · Report post

in RootExplorer vystovit have file permissions

XX0

X00

X00

for changes in the system files of a folder, you must press the button R \ W -> R \ O

sorry for my english ->translate.google :unsure:

I use file manager, and in settings, at the bottom of the page i marked root explorer, and mount system folders, and i still cannot modify it