[JB] [4.1.2] CyanogenMod 10.0 [ROM]

Guest Dazzozo

You can just OTA CM10 over CM9 but if you want to be sure you have a clean build then do a manual install with full wipes (thats what I did).

Why not try OTA first and see if its all ok? If it is great, if you get some bugs that haven't been reported then do a full wipe and try again.

If doing OTA then download JB apps to your SD card and I think you can flash the JB apps before CMW reboots after the OTA install. Otherwise reboot at the first possible moment and flash JB apps.

Personally I would recommend a full wipe as you wont want to go back to CM9 after installing CM10 R4.

Edited by Guest

Guest artful bodger

Same problem with R4 update from R3; phone freezes at huawei logo or cyanogen animation. Watchdog kicks in after a few minutes and phone restarts, freezes, eventually restarts, freezes (repeats till battery removed).

Slightly strange that the freeze seems to happen at a random point into the boot, either at huawei logo, or a different position on the cyanogen dial ?

I've tried OTA twice (wiped the downloaded update between these), have also wiped phone in CWM, and tried update manually twice, once without JB apps. R1 & R3 always installs cleanly via CWM.

many thanks to the devs, your work is greatly appreciated!

Guest tcpaulh

Same problem with R4 update from R3; phone freezes at huawei logo or cyanogen animation. Watchdog kicks in after a few minutes and phone restarts, freezes, eventually restarts, freezes (repeats till battery removed).

Slightly strange that the freeze seems to happen at a random point into the boot, either at huawei logo, or a different position on the cyanogen dial ?

I've tried OTA twice (wiped the downloaded update between these), have also wiped phone in CWM, and tried update manually twice, once without JB apps. R1 & R3 always installs cleanly via CWM.

Can you try to get a kmsg log?

I've been on CM9 for ages now and it works perfectly for me; no bugs at all for me. The bug reports for CM10 I find here were keeping me off trying it; but now with R4 I think it's getting more stable and I want to give it a try.

One small question though: can I just OTA update from CM9 to CM10 and everything (should) be fine? I don't get how the JB gapps will be installed in this way or are they somehow included in the OTA update?

Edit: Never mind; just read through the first posts on page one and people report it should work fine (although still no clue how gapps will be updated?)

Just do a cwm backup of your current cm9 install before you start and then have a go,you can always revert to cm9 easily then if things dont go right .I've just updated my cm9 to cm10 and had to manually install the JB gapps package after the update (cm10 wouldn't boot until i'd done this ) . Everything seems ok so far,but i may do a clean install anyway,just to clean my phone up a bit

Guest wouterbeer

Just do a cwm backup of your current cm9 install before you start and then have a go,you can always revert to cm9 easily then if things dont go right .I've just updated my cm9 to cm10 and had to manually install the JB gapps package after the update (cm10 wouldn't boot until i'd done this ) .

Personally I would recommend a full wipe as you wont want to go back to CM9 after installing CM10 R4.

Yeah I already made a CWM of my CM9. Did OTA update to CM10; installed JB gapps manually afterwards; reinstalled Gmail app (it's was fc when opening first times); and now everything is working fine so far! :P [Even the link2int mod and a battery mod are still working]

Same problem here with R4. If anyone finds a solution for this problem I would appreciate some feedback. Thanx for your work Dazzozo, R3 is almost perfect.

Guest Hoggonator

Same here - lives in phone and never comes out. No errors reported and PC says fine.... how long does yours take to check?

R3 not frozen yet :)

ETA - Now getting this nice picture when USB linked - phone works fine though ???

post-987570-0-03618100-1358527940.jpg

And I can use windows explorer and see the files (CWM backups) on there.

CWM will currently not let me back up to internal storage though.

R3 been working fine all day no freeze - went back to R4 and freezes within 30 mins.

Very odd

Guest PixelPixie

Hi all, I'm getting loud boomy in call volume regardless of volume.

Also had to pull the battery yesterday for the first time since being on cm 10. It was frozen except the notification bar could be pulled down occasionally. Was in settings when it happened, trying to launch 'apps'.

Lastly had a weird graphic glitch, where parts / all the screen flashed pink and yellow, had to reboot to fix it, hasn't done it today though.

OTA'ed from r3.

Just a heads up, love my jelly beaned g300.Top work Daz :-).

Guest artful bodger

Regarding the R4 lockup on boot, as requested I've captured some boot messages (via adb logcat).

My phone will cycle with R4

Power on > Vibrator pulse > Huawei logo > Cyanogen animation

The point at which the crash occurs varies wildly - some times the phone powers on, vibes, brings up the Huawei logo for a second, then resets,

Other times it gets to the cyanogen animation, and freezes, waits for a couple of minutes, then resets.

I have captured a few logcat messages, not sure if these are of any use, as each crash is at a random point. Many of the boots stop at the Huawei logo, and produce no logcat output.

http://pastebin.com/kFgk9n4i

http://pastebin.com/UmiRRExq

http://pastebin.com/rdNFSUy9

http://pastebin.com/Sxkzrz9Q

http://pastebin.com/EKAGduBC

http://pastebin.com/0p9HUBqk

I'd imagine this is a nasty thing to debug, wish I could help! Could there be a subtle hardware variation here? My phone has always been really bad at overclocking, maybe it has sensitive hardware...?

Thanks again for the hard work, by the devs. I'll go back to R3 and stop playing now :)

Guest pepdavies

Has anyone successfully changed the theme on this rom? I tried one from the Play Store but it didn't quite fit the screen properly. We need hdpi themes don't we? Thanks

Pete

used for last 3 days,moved from infusion great rom, but wi fi hotspot without securiy is a problem for me,.have tried apps from play they dont seem to work

is this in the to fix list,or should i move back to infusion [not complaining just like to know] thanks for all your great work!!

Guest Buffalo Soldier

This is the bug I've noticed, when entering the password for wifi, a whole field is compressed into notification bar:

shot000002z.jpg

Edited by Buffalo Soldier

sorry guys but i need some advice. i have done all right all the tutorial that have been suggested to update the phone to JB R4 the bootloader it's ok and every thing else but when i finish all the .zip instalation and put the phone to reboot normally without the CWM the loading of the phone always crash's on the cyanogenmod loading logo and reboot...i have install again .. wipe data .. wipe dalvik partition and still's the same so i tried to load the JB R3 and works fine no crash's. Any of you had experience this problem? I had the 2.3.X from "factory" and on the same day i buy the phone i have done the OTA update do 4.0.4 and recently to 4.0.4(B952) Vodafone OTA. I don't understand if i am doing some mistake .. can anyone help? Regards

Guest lucrece1973

R4, clean install: some apps (CoolReader, Super Sudoku) make the phone freeze completely at random, after that it reboots itself in about a minute. Had to restore R3 backup.