[ROM][Skate] ParanoidJelly - ParanoidAndroid 2.81/CM10 - Android 4.1.2 (03/04/2013)

Guest C3C0

Well, I am trying hard not to get myself into position to take users' opinions as complaints although it's really hard sometimes. Often they are a source of good inspiration (RaAmon certainly did have bunch of good ideas I implemented back in ICS PA rom).

I am trying to take the positives of it. I would had already hung myself after 16 years of work in software development dealing with end users if I took their reactions too negatively :) So it helps my psychic, too. :)

And sometimes there simply are some issues users don't understand how they work or how to use them so it's important to explain and clarify them to avoid further confusion. The users' perspective has always been kind of different than the programmers' one.

Edited by C3C0

C3C0 forgive me... but I do not understand how there are people who complain about the great work that you do?

The truth that many appreciate his altruistic and selfless work and enjoy its rom's...

I understand that criticism is constructive... but also would that be reflexive...

Best regards

Franck Black, my comments are NOT complain at all about the work of C3C0. I say many times what that work is nice. I suggesto to C3C0, few posts abowe, get some funcionalitys of Zeelog build, and C3C0 demand more precision on my comments; my last post wants to be more precise.

And now, and sorry, a comment in Spanish, my native language, and the native language of Franck Black:

Y para decirlo más comodamente, porque el inglés no es mi fuerte (no lo he estudiado; soy de la generación del francés en el bachillerato): Franck Black creo que si leyeras bien mis posts, aunque admito que puede haber algún problema con la traducción que hago automatizada con Babylon, debería quedarte claro que no me he quejado para nada, y simplemente sugiero ideas o mejoras. Ideas que me temo que vas a dar por bienvenidas si C3C0 las incorpora, así que, FrackBlack, me parece que tu actitud es un poco demagógica y has meado fuera del tiesto. En varias ocasiones he intercambiado algún comentario con C3C0 y siempre ha sido elogioso hacia él; le tengo el máximo respeto, como también a su tiempo y a su vida privada. Creo que has malinterpretado mi intervención; te agradecería que la releyeras, así como alguna otra anterior en este mismo hilo en la que C3C0 me pedía que concretara un poco más lo que planteaba, y si llegas a la conclusión de que tu comentario ha sido exagerado, también te agradecería que lo admitieras; no hace falta que sea en el hilo; un simple mensaje personal estaría bien. Y si sigues creyendo que le estoy exigiendo, o que estoy criticando, también me gustaría en base a qué, exactamente, lo dices. Un saludo.

@C3C0 / #274:

1) I am taking care of PJ for less than two weeks, not months. So please, allow some time for the new features to come as I have a lot of other things to take care of in my real life.

C3C0, i follow you from that in May of 2012 i bought my Skate and i found your ROM Skatie. I know very well that makes very little time that you work with JB, it also i have followed in the thread of paranoid/ICS (which I have used much). When I said that your ROM ParanoidJelly it takes 2 months of advantage on the latter that Zeelog freed them to skate (from the end of November, if I remember correctly) i was referring to the fact that since then the community of developers has advanced many enhancements for JB/armv6 (KonstaT, Ganster ... ) and you've been able to incorporate them. In regard to your real life ... OF COURSE! And I apologize for interfering in any way in her stealing time. However, only wanted to improve ROM (although i am selfish, i admit, is not a task entirely altruistic) and give a point of view in this regard. For me it is absolutely obvious that their personal life is a priority. Take as long as you like, and introduces the changes or improvements that you seem appropriate; what you do, well done will be.

2) Softkeys in tablet mode do work. You can even set their visibility individually (e.g. to have only back button)

I will definately try it out better, and I will tell you something, but I prefer giving a fast response now to any of the other points.

3) Sensitivity of navigation bar is certainly better than default. As I hacked it to be better. Have you tried?

Yes, but I will definately try it out better, and I will tell you something too.

4) I use standard camera that comes with Cyanogenmod

OK :-)

5) Settings button in gallery - you probably mean the three dot overlay settings button. You can enable it in Settings / System / Hardware keys

No, that is not. The option "settings" (or the 3 points) appears, but when you touch it don't do anything

6) I agree tablet mode is not well tuned - I dedicated time to more important issues than tuning of Tablet UI (since it is probably not used by many users and has the least priority for me). Those who use it can tweak it as they like. It would be perfect to share the final config so it could be added as default. Contributions from users in any form are always welcome (as they save me some work and time)

OK. I will try to tune it a bit and let me explain here what it finds.

7) Separate levels for sounds - you can set the behaviour in Settings / Sound (to unlink sliders)

Silly me! That was easy!

And again... thank you very much !!! :-)

Ah I understand now what you meant by 1)

Thanks for getting it straight.

Regarding gallery. Well that's strange because settings work here (phone Ui) I even switched to spanish to see if it's depending on the language but no. It's OK for Spanish, too.

post-932905-0-50176500-1358279829_thumb.

Regarding gallery. Well that's strange because settings work here (phone Ui) I even switched to spanish to see if it's depending on the language but no. It's OK for Spanish, too.

Ahhhh I am with Optimal UI. May be that the cause... I try it in a while in Phablet UI too.

Optimal ui == Phone ui (with slightly lowered dpi)

I use optimal ui so my screenshot is from it, too.

Already know what is happening. And I suppose that is another foolish on my part ... : -( The settings of the that i was talking about are those that appear in the menu just after entering the gallery, not when you open an image ... when you've already opened a picture, indeed, the settings menu appears that you put them in your post (in spanish), but just when you enter the gallery, before touching on any image, when you press the Menu key is one in which there is an option "settings" and that is the which does nothing. In reality, I don't know if i had to do something; i just find it strange that there is that option and that in practice do nothing. Don't give him more importance ...

Ahaa I got it. Popup menu shows correctly but when I open "Ajustes" the screen is empty.

What is supposed to be there? I've never used that menu before :)

: -) My fault, that I am not explained well ... why didn't speak spanish all over the world? (Kidding) That there should be in that menu? No idea! Perhaps the configuration of the size of thumbnails, or things like that, global for the whole gallery. Simply, to enter the gallery i wanted to see what could be done there with the options menu, and i was faced with this behavior. Sure it is not anything major, forget it, and sorry ! ;-)

In CMs Gallery2 (which they use as a default so our rom uses it, too) the settings menu item is calling GallerySettings activity

case R.id.action_settings: {

activity.startActivity(new Intent(activity, GallerySettings.class));

return true;

, which is basically empty (does nothing).

package com.android.gallery3d.settings;

import android.preference.PreferenceActivity;

public class GallerySettings extends PreferenceActivity {

private static final String TAG = "GallerySettings";

}

So basically, we can safely remove this option from menu.

@C3C0 / #286:

:-) If actually it doesn't work for nothing, it is perhaps better delete it; that way I don't shot anyone else ;-) Thank you so much. Good night to all

Edited by RaAmon

Is there no 3g only mod? I can't find it.

It hasn't been released yet. It will be included in the next build. But in the meanwhile you can apply this little patch over your current version to activate it.

http://ceco.sk.eu.or...2g-20130112.zip (wipe dalvik cache after flashing)

You will find new option in Settings / System / Notification toggles / 2G/3G toggle policy

The option works like this. When you are in 3G mode (2G off) the following policy will be applied.

"2G+3G" option means both 2G and 3G are allowed but 3G is preferred (if you go outside of 3G coverage, your radio will switch to 2G automatically)

"3G only" means that only 3G network is strictly allowed. So when you go outside of 3G coverage, you will have no signal, sice radio will not switch to 2G.

Edited by C3C0

Guest johnny07mdc

Thanks for another great ROM C3CO,

i have nothing but respect for what

you done for our skate.

People should remember some new

phones don't have a lot of the features

you bring us and cost a lot lot more.

one question please ;

how many times can I keep flashing

ROMs before problems, with all new

ROMs I keep trying will have effect on

internal memory and wear it out.

I have flashed and re-flashed every

ROM for my beloved SKATE is there a

limit

Guest omegavesko

Thanks for another great ROM C3CO,

i have nothing but respect for what

you done for our skate.

People should remember some new

phones don't have a lot of the features

you bring us and cost a lot lot more.

one question please ;

how many times can I keep flashing

ROMs before problems, with all new

ROMs I keep trying will have effect on

internal memory and wear it out.

I have flashed and re-flashed every

ROM for my beloved SKATE is there a

limit

NAND memory really isn't that fragile. You could probably keep flashing ROMs for many years until it failed.

Guest nemanjakrpovic

Ramon,

I read somewhere you mentioned you tried int2ext+ on this rom. Did you felt any difference in performace? I trided both int2ext+ and int2ext+deodexed, and both times I felt my phone was significantly slower the usual? What is your experience on this?

I used two different sd card, both sdhc class4, maybe that is reason for bad performance?

Edited by nemanjakrpovic

Guest srbodroid

It hasn't been released yet. It will be included in the next build. But in the meanwhile you can apply this little patch over your current version to activate it.

http://ceco.sk.eu.or...2g-20130112.zip (wipe dalvik cache after flashing)

You will find new option in Settings / System / Notification toggles / 2G/3G toggle policy

The option works like this. When you are in 3G mode (2G off) the following policy will be applied.

"2G+3G" option means both 2G and 3G are allowed but 3G is preferred (if you go outside of 3G coverage, your radio will switch to 2G automatically)

"3G only" means that only 3G network is strictly allowed. So when you go outside of 3G coverage, you will have no signal, sice radio will not switch to 2G.

Tnx. I really needed that. Keep up the good work.

Guest Productivity

Strange, I seem to be the only one having a mobile data issue.

My mobile data doesn't connect. Or it does on the rarest occasion.

But mostly the signal bars remain grey and depending on if I have it on 2G or 3G the E or the H flash in and out (also in grey).

I did a fresh install. Using correct apn settings. In a good coverage area. Plenty of airtime loaded on sim.

Switched back to CM9 Paranoid and it works as normal.

Any ideas

Guest problade

int2ext & int2ext+ works no problem with this ROM, read the instructions carefully, after flashing the script, format the SD-Ext partition and then mount Sd-Ext in Clockword Mod and then Reboot. It then takes some time to prepare the Ext partition (5-10mins). Suggest a 1GB Ext partition but can be anything up to 2GB on the Skate. Certainly allows loads of Apps to be installed. It is somewhat slower than having all apps on the phone, suspect it is dependant upon the speed of your SD card.

Works OK for me but others mayfind it too slow. As usual give it a try to determine it suits your own needs, only you can determine its suitability, try the different scripts and decide for yourself.

Don't know why people keep complaining, fantastic ROM, thank you C3CO for sharing with the community and for all your hard work, it is really appreciated.

Guest jtharmor

Strange, I seem to be the only one having a mobile data issue.

My mobile data doesn't connect. Or it does on the rarest occasion.

But mostly the signal bars remain grey and depending on if I have it on 2G or 3G the E or the H flash in and out (also in grey).

I did a fresh install. Using correct apn settings. In a good coverage area. Plenty of airtime loaded on sim.

Switched back to CM9 Paranoid and it works as normal.

Any ideas

Its a common issue above CM9..i also face the same issue.....what i do is either switch to aeroplane mode and back to normal......or....do 2G toggle 1-2 times........but i agree its really difficult to get the mobile data on........