[ROM][Skate] ParanoidJelly - ParanoidAndroid 2.81/CM10 - Android 4.1.2 (03/04/2013)

Guest C3C0

Another patch that might improve texture issues especially in games.

Fix texture corruption

When memory gets low on a device, activities flush everything they can.

Hardware-accelerated activites, such as Launcher, flush GL resources and destroy

the GL context. However, some resources were still hanging around, due to deferred

destruction policies (we don't delete layers until the DisplayLists they are in

are finalized, to ensure we don't deref deleted objects). This meant that we were

referring to obsolete GL data in these objects. in particular, it meant that we might

come around later, after a new GL context was created, and delete a texture object

that was incorrect. We use the layer's "texture id" to refer to the texture underlying the

layer. But if there's a new GL context, then this texture ID is no longer valid, and

we may be deleting the texture that a different object (layer, icon, whatever) is referring

to, because the driver may return that same ID under the new GL context.

The fix is to more aggressively delete things that we know will not be used again

when the GL context is destroyed. In particular, we delete all resources being used

by all DisplayLists at GL context destruction time.

These commits are for HWUI, the hardware accelerated UI renderer introduced with ICS. They're unlikely to affect OpenGL games, unless some of the fixed resource leaks affect the operating system or GPU driver as a whole.

Guest satanovsyn

Hi Ceco, how upgrade this rom without wipe data if I am using int2ext4+? Because if I made upgrade and I need 1GB internal partition, then I need put to zip 40int2 file to /etc/init.d/ but after flashing thise ROM.zip is system not loaded.

It finish in bootlogo ( half brightnesd) and it was 20min like that. Any ideas?

Ahh... the sign of a true developer, you have taken to working on in your sleep! :)

I think the menu is a great idea, keeps it simple so that everyone will understand. Thank you so much for taking the time to work on this ROM. It is very much appreciated.

Earlier this week I had to return to stock ROM H3 for a bit and I have found GPS performance to be significantly better. It gets a fix nearly instantly and keeps it much better using more satellites.

Both ICS and JB PA seem to suffer from this. Is it something that could be easily remedied. That would be great.

Thanks for your work on these great ROMs.

Does the GPS work with this rom, or do I need some fix? Because after 30 mins under clear sky i got only 1 satellite.

I was also having GPS problems with this ROM.

I removed a few apps to free some space/memory. Now GPS working fine again

Can you test this gps config to see if GPS gets improved?

1) unzip gps.conf from attached zip

2) copy under /system/etc

3) reboot

gps.conf.zip

Guest omegavesko

using the int2ext+ and everything is working fine

I flashed the zip instead of putting the file in the ROM

Same here. S2E wasn't working so I flashed the zip I found and it's working perfectly.

Guest jtharmor

Have you tried what I suggested couple of pages back? It did solve it for me. There's a bug in application itself.

yes........still not working !! But it works on CFX3 though dunno why ?

Looks like there's a fix for videos having non-standard aspect ratios resulting in green bar showing at the top of the image.

Worth a new rom build? :)

Youtube: Nyan cat video. Before and after :)

post-932905-0-52125000-1358621829_thumb. post-932905-0-22783700-1358621841_thumb.

Thanks to another great guy from Blade forum - daemond

The colorbranding in YouTube videos is fixed =D (guess I was right about the source of the problem being the resolution of the video). Could you share this fix so it can be applied on each CM9/CM10/CM10.1 based ROM? Could you also make a non github build of this PA ROM which includes the texture fix for games, well it's not only for games but it can fix the empty email bug I have on PA CM9 (the emails are downloaded but contains no images or text, only plain text I use the default email app). I want to upgrade to this ROM if I know this issue is fixed. Thank you C3C0 for this amazing ROM.

The color banding fix was made by dev called daemond (Grigori Goronzy) as I already mentioned before and it is available on his github (already on mine, too, for ParanoidJelly) so I am sure the whole androidarmv6 project team including tilal is going to reuse it. What's a "non github build" ?

I am not sure atm if the texture fix can be easily applied on ICS, too and if it actually solves the white gmail bug. But this was already addressed in my final ICS PA build by means of a workaround (HWA settings app where you can disable HW acceleration for apps suffering from this issue). I have currently no source tree for ICS PA available since I had to free some disk space for JB sources and since I abandoned further development on ICS. ParanoidJelly is not suffering from this bug anymore. It's working fine without any workaround. (There is no white background bug on JB at all)

My personal opinion is that people using PA ICS could safely migrate to PA JB. It's at least at the same level (if not better) regarding functionality and overall usability.

Edited by C3C0

Guest satanovsyn

For everybody who is using int2ext script:

If you want update this ROM only unzip rom and paste intscript to /system/etc/init.d/ folder and compress to zip file (meta and system folder and also boot.img must be inside your zip file).

After boot into the recovery and install your zip file without any wipe data or cache or everything.

Last step is install gapps.

I made it like this and everything stay :-)

Edited by satanovsyn

With a non github build I mean a build that's released on this forum. I can view emails at the moment but occasionly (even if I have internet) the emails already loaded are empty. I never had this issue with cm7.

But alright, I will try this ROM and report if I still have the empty email bug.

Edited by thomcd

This ROM does not suffer from "empty/white screen bug" and never did. :) It just works OK from the beginning. Without any special patches needed.

Great avatar, by the way :)

Edited by C3C0

Thanks :D (the two first letters are the first letters of my surname, and the last letter is my first letter of my first name),

I have a system partition of 210 mb (made with TPT Helper), the ROM and Gapps should fit right?

You also have a nice avatar (didn't one of your ROMs refer to this avatar by being called OctoJelly?)

Edit : I'm not sure by the posts here on this forum, does the S2E app work now? Your changelog says yes, but omegavesko had to install a modified version of this app.

thomcd

Edited by thomcd

The rom + gapps from the first post take about 190MB altogether so it is fine to go with 200MB to maintain some spare space.

OctoJelly was the predecessor of this rom - plain CM10 without paranoid features :)

Okay, I'm preparing my phone now for flashing (making backup of SD, should things go wrong (I've lost once my data when S2E didn't work and I tried to reflash the ext partition).

One quick question and you won't hear from me again (for today at least ^_^) : Does tilal6991's Google Now version for JB works with this ROM (since this is also a JB based ROM)?

Guest alex61194

Should do.

paranoidjelly is fantastic but i have a question flashing via goo.im is secure i have cwm 4.0.1.4

Edited by alex61194

Guest Mohamed Atiea

@C3C0 THe notification status bar when the time is complete format 10:10AM JANUAARY (rotation) (Settings) the settings icon appears in complete I think you fixed it in case of clear notifications icon, also paranoid backup getting deleted after new rom installation

Don't use long date format + all status bar switches for higher DPIs since there's not enough room for them all.

Paranoid settings are backed up to data partition. So they are gone after you do full wipe / factory reset or data wipe.

We don't have source code for ParanoidSettings (they are closed source) so it's not easy to reprogram it to store backups to SD.

Edited by C3C0

New build available.

And this time I promise I won't be releasing any new updates for at least a week :P

Changelog 20/01/2013

- fixed audio routing issues (thanks daemond)

--- SIP calls fixed

--- notifications routed via wired headset

- Patches for Hardware accelerated UI

--- optimize gradient textures

--- fix memory corruption in LayerRenderer::copyLayer

--- fix memory leak that happens when reusing display lists

--- fix texture corruption

- Option for low battery warning revamped

- wpa_supplicant hacked to show ad-hoc networks

- added missing GPS config (should fix GPS issues, needs testing)

- fix for potential wakelock in MediaProvider

- "Automatically connect" option for WiFi APs

- upgrade from previous version possible

Guest WiiSky70

New build available.

And this time I promise I won't be releasing any new updates for at least a week :P

Changelog 20/01/2013

- fixed audio routing issues (thanks daemond)

--- SIP calls fixed

--- notifications routed via wired headset

- Patches for Hardware accelerated UI

--- optimize gradient textures

--- fix memory corruption in LayerRenderer::copyLayer

--- fix memory leak that happens when reusing display lists

--- fix texture corruption

- Option for low battery warning revamped

- wpa_supplicant hacked to show ad-hoc networks

- added missing GPS config (should fix GPS issues, needs testing)

- fix for potential wakelock in MediaProvider

- "Automatically connect" option for WiFi APs

- upgrade from previous version possible

Well the ROM itself is way much stable and it doesn't need daily updates by now . It's almost reaching it's end of development.