• Announcements

• Reminder - MoDaCo position on illegal content   07/30/15

ILLEGAL CONTENT I'd like to just reaffirm MoDaCo's position regarding piracy and illegal content in the light of some recent questions / postings. Posts will be censored by myself or my moderation team if the contain or link to: Illegal / pirated / cracked software or sites that host such softwareNintendo emulators / ROMs or sites hosting them (in light of Nintendo's legal stance)CUSTOM ROMS You may discuss and post links to custom device ROMs on MoDaCo, provided the following rules are adhered to: ROMs must not contain any illegal 3rd party software (this includes trial versions included without permission)ROMs must give full credit to the original authorISSUES If you have any issues with this policy, please contact PaulOBrien directly via PM.
    • Reminder: Selling items on the forum directly is not allowed   07/30/15

Please note that selling items on the forum directly is not allowed by the forum rules. There is a forum for eBay auctions whereby you can list the items on eBay and link to them there. This is the ONLY forum for this type of activity. You may also advertise links to the eBay forum in your signature. Please note that selling directly in contravention of these rules will result in a warning / suspension / ban.
Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0

Burned phone :(

10 posts in this topic

Posted (edited)

Hello mates, and happy new year!

These days I connected my OMC to a non-standard USB and, well, it's dead. I know it was my fault because I didn't check the volts at the output, and besides that the phone is unlocked and with a different ROM, so the warranty is not an option.

Anyway, I'm happy with this phone (and I'm not rich) so I'd like to know if it can be repaired. Should I send it to ZTE repair service? Is it worth it? Any tip?

Cheers!

Edited by xr529

Posted

lie, if it's still in the warranty period take it back to where you bought it from, and state it was working, you put it on charge, took it off charge and it dosnt work anymore. i wouldn't tell them anything with regards flashing a new rom or anything. just play dum, if its fried the main board, they won't be able to check if its been reflashed. at worst they won't replace it, but unless you try you may never know.

:)

Posted (edited)

Are you sure it's not just the battery? If not, and it's really dead, plegdroid has a great point :)

Edited by rangeoshun

Posted

Plegdroid covered it nicely. If it's bad enough, they wouldn't be able to tell what it was running anyway.

Posted

@rangeoshun I don't know how I can check if it's just the battery, but I remember some smoke and I still can check the smell ;)

@Plegdroid, @omegavesko: yes, I thought the same option, but I'm not sure if this problem is covered by the warranty or if it's better buying a new one. Well, I'll try, no doubts.

Thanks!

Posted

@rangeoshun I don't know how I can check if it's just the battery, but I remember some smoke and I still can check the smell ;)

Thats one way :D The other is if it turns on while charging from usb.

Posted

Well, I've just phoned the repair service and they're going to send me a prepaid envelope. I have to send cellphone, battery, charger and USB cable.

If there is physical damage or leaking, I´ll have to pay. Well, there is no physical damage, I mean, no scratches at all. But you don't need to be a genius to guess the problem.

Fingers crossed.

Posted (edited)

Did they give you any reason as to why they need a USB cable? Seems a bit strange to me.

Edit: they, not rusty - damn 4.2 swipe!

Edited by razzmataz1478

Posted

No idea :unsure:

Posted

Did they give you any reason as to why they need a USB cable? Seems a bit strange to me.

Edit: they, not rusty - damn 4.2 swipe!

Probably to check he was using the original one that came with the phone I imagine, they'll do anything to try and wrangle out of paying out.