Burned phone :(

Guest xr529

Hello mates, and happy new year!

These days I connected my OMC to a non-standard USB and, well, it's dead. I know it was my fault because I didn't check the volts at the output, and besides that the phone is unlocked and with a different ROM, so the warranty is not an option.

Anyway, I'm happy with this phone (and I'm not rich) so I'd like to know if it can be repaired. Should I send it to ZTE repair service? Is it worth it? Any tip?

Cheers!

Edited by xr529

Guest plegdroid

lie, if it's still in the warranty period take it back to where you bought it from, and state it was working, you put it on charge, took it off charge and it dosnt work anymore. i wouldn't tell them anything with regards flashing a new rom or anything. just play dum, if its fried the main board, they won't be able to check if its been reflashed. at worst they won't replace it, but unless you try you may never know.

:)

Guest rangeoshun

Are you sure it's not just the battery? If not, and it's really dead, plegdroid has a great point :)

Edited by rangeoshun

@rangeoshun I don't know how I can check if it's just the battery, but I remember some smoke and I still can check the smell ;)

@Plegdroid, @omegavesko: yes, I thought the same option, but I'm not sure if this problem is covered by the warranty or if it's better buying a new one. Well, I'll try, no doubts.

Thanks!

Guest rangeoshun

@rangeoshun I don't know how I can check if it's just the battery, but I remember some smoke and I still can check the smell ;)

Thats one way :D The other is if it turns on while charging from usb.

Well, I've just phoned the repair service and they're going to send me a prepaid envelope. I have to send cellphone, battery, charger and USB cable.

If there is physical damage or leaking, I´ll have to pay. Well, there is no physical damage, I mean, no scratches at all. But you don't need to be a genius to guess the problem.

Fingers crossed.

Guest razzmataz1478

Did they give you any reason as to why they need a USB cable? Seems a bit strange to me.

Edit: they, not rusty - damn 4.2 swipe!

Edited by razzmataz1478

Did they give you any reason as to why they need a USB cable? Seems a bit strange to me.

Edit: they, not rusty - damn 4.2 swipe!

Probably to check he was using the original one that came with the phone I imagine, they'll do anything to try and wrangle out of paying out.