[JB] [4.2.2] CyanogenMod 10.1 [ROM]

Guest Dazzozo

Guest MrPuddington

I have to say I love the new Clock app - the addition of a stop watch and an egg time is really nice.

However, it seems that the alarm is "unreliable" in this version. I am not sure I always get one, and sometimes it is up to an hour late. I never had this problem with CM9, so I guess it is either because of CM10.1, or an issue with the new kernel? Does anybody else have this problem, and is there an easy fix?

I meant useless, but not just on sd card. I meant internal memory leftovers too.

Now I have CM10.1 on, but there are MIUI and Baidu and other old folders, too.

Guest timethrow

I have to say I love the new Clock app - the addition of a stop watch and an egg time is really nice.

However, it seems that the alarm is "unreliable" in this version. I am not sure I always get one, and sometimes it is up to an hour late. I never had this problem with CM9, so I guess it is either because of CM10.1, or an issue with the new kernel? Does anybody else have this problem, and is there an easy fix?

I have had multiple problems with the Alarm in CM10.1 and i really like the look of it, but for safety reasons i have a second alarm app installed (just a free one of the play store) as not all the time the alarm goes off or the app stops working very irritating.

The other problem i have with Cm10.1 is that Google Drive causes some problems as well and I do not know why, will wait for the message to come up again and post it.

All in all CM10.1 is very good and like it alot, One other thing worth mentioning, when yo-u enable the soft keys (ones on the screen) is there any way to adjust the UI so that it incorporates this rather than having all your widgets and icons inter-lap if that makes any sense.

Thanks

@Dazzozo and team

How do you decompile and recompile your ROMs? CM10.1 has files with the exact same names, so I cant decompile them as windows is case-sensitive. Are you using Linux? Thanks.

Edited by kyan31

Guest Fagulhas

@Dazzozo and team

How do you decompile and recompile your ROMs? CM10.1 has files with the exact same names, so I cant decompile them as windows is case-sensitive. Are you using Linux? Thanks.

There's no need to decompile when the source is available? All the CM work is compiled from freely available sources.

There's no need to decompile when the source is available? All the CM work is compiled from freely available sources.

I'm probably using the wrong words :P

What I mean is, when I try to edit CM10.1 (add my own tweaks etc) I cant as it gives me many errors. This is because windows is case-sensitive, so it cant handle the files inside the zip.

Guest raverrr

What I mean is, when I try to edit CM10.1 (add my own tweaks etc) I cant as it gives me many errors. This is because windows is case-sensitive, so it cant handle the files inside the zip.

use 7zip in windows

Guest popoyaya

What has case-sensitivity got to do with duplicate file names? And windows file and folder names are not case sensitive anyway.

What has case-sensitivity got to do with duplicate file names? And windows file and folder names are not case sensitive anyway.

They are on windows 7. For example, you cant have two files called:

text.zip

&

teXt.zip

Windows will class these as the same, so it will ask you if you want to replace it etc. Linux and other OS' don't do this.

Guest Fagulhas

We don't "tweak" & "create" ROMS by editing zip files and whats inside them.

Use ubuntu or any other linux distro if you want to avoid case-sensitive problems with files.

We don't "tweak" & "create" ROMS by editing zip files and whats inside them.

Use ubuntu or any other linux distro if you want to avoid case-sensitive problems with files.

Yeah I know, but I do :P

It isn't the best way to create a ROM, but you have to start somewhere ;)

Guest popoyaya

They are on windows 7. For example, you cant have two files called:

text.zip

&

teXt.zip

Windows will class these as the same, so it will ask you if you want to replace it etc. Linux and other OS' don't do this.

This example proves my point. Case sensitivity means the operating system differentiates between lower-case and upper-case, which Windows doesn't do. "x" and "X" are both considered the same letter in Windows file naming, i.e. NOT case sensitive.

Edited by popoyaya

This example proves my point. Case sensitivity means the operating system differentiates between lower-case and upper-case, which Windows doesn't do. "x" and "X" are both considered the same letter in Windows file naming, i.e. NOT case sensitive.

You mean case-insensitivity. I think you have it mixed up.

Case insensitive:

text & teXt can be used

Case sensitive

text & teXt cant be used

Funnily enough NTFS is case sensitive even if Windows doesn't use this feature properly... :)

http://support.microsoft.com/kb/100625

Guest Milky Joe

I've been using this since day one.

The only gripe is WiFi hotspot. I've had no reboots or anything.

A fix for WiFi hotspot would be good, but not essential: It just saves me swapping SIMs with my other phone.

You mean case-insensitivity. I think you have it mixed up.

Case insensitive:

text & teXt can be used

Case sensitive

text & teXt cant be used

Sorry, but it is you that is confused.

Case sensitive means the system is sensitive to case. That means it can tell the difference between two cases. Therefore, a case sensitive os will let you have test.txt and TesT.txt,because they are completely different names to it.

See here:

http://www.computerhope.com/jargon/c/casesens.htm

http://www.webopedia.com/TERM/C/case_sensitive.html

Guest intensedarkness

Sorry, but it is you that is confused.

Case sensitive means the system is sensitive to case. That means it can tell the difference between two cases. Therefore, a case sensitive os will let you have test.txt and TesT.txt,because they are completely different names to it.

See here:

http://www.computerh.../c/casesens.htm

http://www.webopedia..._sensitive.html

+1

LOL

Guest yoyamaster

Any idea where my internal 2 GB go???? It's missing...

Nevermind, reflash the ROM again ( 3 time),and now it's here again...

Edited by yoyamaster