[JB] [4.2.2] CyanogenMod 10.1 [ROM]

Guest Dazzozo

Guest mothership

When I installed it, it worked awesome. But now (it's just a week ago) it's getting slower and I don't know why. It looks like it hasn't seen a project butter yet, gets laggy.. what's wrong?

Lol relax! All in good time! And think this: +some seconds to capture it and save it, + that it's relaying in software and not in hardware. That means you can't compare the G300 with the Xperia Z. The hdr you can do it with photoshop too. I'm 100% that the hdr in G300 will suck as it will decrease the quality of photos to make them more bright etc.

Ok, thanks for putting light over that :P

When I installed it, it worked awesome. But now (it's just a week ago) it's getting slower and I don't know why. It looks like it hasn't seen a project butter yet, gets laggy.. what's wrong?

+1

First week it runs like a charm but now each day it's more laggy.

I notice some problems with the provider network. Sometimes I receive text messages 15 minutes after they are sent to me or i lose communications without losing signal and only reboot fixes that.

Guest merchan

Issues so far:

Lost cell network once. Had to reboot.

Played Asphalt 7 and it froze almost immediately. Battery pull required.

Known bluetooth issues.

Seems a little slower getting keystrokes from the keyboard

Other than that compared to CM9.1,

Battery life is good. Close to the CM9.1 one

Smoother navigation between screens

Guest trelowney

I notice some problems with the provider network. Sometimes I receive text messages 15 minutes after they are sent to me or i lose communications without losing signal and only reboot fixes that.

I have a problem with the signal as well, I can confirm that. The R1 version of this can be seen on a smaller scale, but the R2 version is a problem with it practically all the time. It happens that the phone loses signal and not be able to catch him back. It does thismainly with 3G turned on. If you switch to 2G only, problem solved, but it is undesirable ifyou use fast data. I noticed a problem especially in areas where 3G signal is not so goodand the phone wants to login to the network (other 3G or 2G sector).

The problem is sometimes solved by switching to 2G, sometimes not. Then you can noteven find the network. The phone is usually after this problem restarts itself (which wouldnot matter so much except having to enter a PIN code)

My operator is Vodafone CZ. For sure I ordered a new SIM card, but I'm afraid it will not solve the problem.

Edited by trelowney

I have a problem with the signal as well, I can confirm that. The R1 version of this can be seen on a smaller scale, but the R2 version is a problem with it practically all the time. It happens that the phone loses signal and not be able to catch him back. It does thismainly with 3G turned on. If you switch to 2G only, problem solved, but it is undesirable ifyou use fast data. I noticed a problem especially in areas where 3G signal is not so goodand the phone wants to login to the network (other 3G or 2G sector).

The problem is sometimes solved by switching to 2G, sometimes not. Then you can noteven find the network. The phone is usually after this problem restarts itself (which wouldnot matter so much except having to enter a PIN code)

My operator is Vodafone CZ. For sure I ordered a new SIM card, but I'm afraid it will not solve the problem.

I can confirm that and my provider is Vodafone PT and I never had such problems before so it's not my sim card.

Guest BillBong

+1

First week it runs like a charm but now each day it's more laggy.

And me. Been working great since installing but over the past week it's become slower/laggy/glitchy. Today, it kept losing normal phone signal until reboot.

Still a great ROM and a great effort to squeeze this much out of the hardware.

My cm9 us also getting slow as treacle. I suspect an app we have in common perhaps has a recent update that is to blame.

My Google maps us at 16% since charged although I didn't use it. Maybe it is to blame.

Edited by samjam

My cm9 us also getting slow as treacle. I suspect an app we have in common perhaps has a recent update that is to blame.

My Google maps us at 16% since charged although I didn't use it. Maybe it is to blame.

If you have location services/latitude enabled such that it basically tracks your location then that is probably the cause. It gets reported as Maps even though you may not run this app interactively. I had that problem and it was killing my battery. Having investigated using Better Battery Stats and CPU Spy to identify this problem I switched this off (and also the option to report back to Google about wifi locations) and my battery lifetime (on R1) is much better.

Guest NikitoGR

• Well I have some rare, very rare issues with my network too. But it doesn't bother me!
  • As for the performance yeah it's a bit awful, but wtf flash ICS for games.
  • I haven't any reboots (Just had a reboot while playing osmos @1267Mhz, smartassv2, sio and charging with 6% battery :D) . No menu lags, no lags time after time (maybe because I'm using v6 superscript?)
  • Fast internet (both wifi and 3G)
  • Great sound quality with Viper4Android. (Will the beats audio work in this device? I've tried the beats from the pimp my rom and it didn't work stuck in the boot logo, even after refreshing dalvik cache)
  • But... low battery performance, it's too hungry and
  • Keyboard lag

Guest kaizoku_san

Thanks a lot Dazzozo

just installed this rom, and its as smooth as....butter :)

i'm gonna use it for a week and see if i get any troubles and post back, but so far its looking very sweet.

thanks again for bringing us the JB project butter experience on the G300 :):)

Guest Rico_89

You could try wiping your dalvik cache. When ever I get lag issues with roms I wipe dalvik cache, reboot (it takes a little longer than normal), give it time to load everything then reboot again and that seems to clear things up.

I should say I haven't had any lag issues with this rom.

Edited by Rico_89

Guest oldfella

something not right with 10.1 battery consumption - regularly got 3-4 days with CM9 and 10. With 10.1 generally got around a day. Same programs, same usage.

gone back to CM10 and battery is fine again.

Guest NikitoGR

something not right with 10.1 battery consumption - regularly got 3-4 days with CM9 and 10. With 10.1 generally got around a day. Same programs, same usage.

gone back to CM10 and battery is fine again.

Yeah 4.2.2 has an issue with battery draining...

Guys what is going on with google ears? I can't find the widget.

Guest jpmagalhaes

I can confirm that and my provider is Vodafone PT and I never had such problems before so it's not my sim card.

I can confirm that I also use Vodafone PT, but i occasionally lose network signal, even on areas where i know there is a strong signal. Rebooting solves the problem, but it is not desirable, as I have to check it way too often to see if everything is going fine. It usually happens like 3-5 times a day.

I can confirm that I also use Vodafone PT, but i occasionally lose network signal, even on areas where i know there is a strong signal. Rebooting solves the problem, but it is not desirable, as I have to check it way too often to see if everything is going fine. It usually happens like 3-5 times a day.

Not a fix for the problem of losing signal but you could try using 'no signal alert' from the play store ,which will alert you when signal is dropped,so you don't have to keep on manually checking.

I'm in a poor signal area and i find it handy to know when i've lost signal

Guest MrPuddington

On the positive side, the alarm clock seems to work fine now in R2, at least it has not been late for me so far.

But how do I install the new unlocked bootloader? I had a 3G related reboot, and I would like to try that as the recommended fix, but the adb in the zip file does not talk to the ADB protocol of Android 4.2.2.

Guest NikitoGR

On the positive side, the alarm clock seems to work fine now in R2, at least it has not been late for me so far.

But how do I install the new unlocked bootloader? I had a 3G related reboot, and I would like to try that as the recommended fix, but the adb in the zip file does not talk to the ADB protocol of Android 4.2.2.

What?

You mean the bootloader that is claimed to mitigate or solve the 3G reboot problem? Just follow the instructions

Unfortunately this didn't solve the reboots for me although they did seem less frequent and I ended up using this workaround:

Yeah 4.2.2 has an issue with battery draining...

Guys what is going on with google ears? I can't find the widget.

I think its part of Google now, there is no specific widget. Well I can't be sure, just have a look :P

Guest MrPuddington

You mean the bootloader that is claimed to mitigate or solve the 3G reboot problem? Just follow the instructions

http://www.modaco.co...issue-released/

I tried, but it just quits after the first step I think. As far as I understand it does not have the latest adb executable, so it cannot talk to Android 4.2.2. And I don't want to install a different ROM just to try this.