[JB] [4.2.2] CyanogenMod 10.1 [ROM]

Guest Dazzozo

Guest kieranswhite
Nice, which one you recommend? Ouch will be good enough here?

Noo! You cant you use stock kernels on cm ROMs. The one that comes with the ROM can over clock and is good enough

Guest popoyaya

What about "smartass"? Can we install kernel with this Governor?

I'm pretty sure a third party cpu controller like nofrills or setcpu will provide a wealth of governors and schedulers. No need for a new kernel, we have the latest and best from Dazzozi.

Guest spicasso

Hiho,

just installed the new rom and was pleased - up to now. Tethering is working, fine. BUT:

Somehow I am not able to start the WiFi. I got almost the message WiFi will be activated - but nothing happened...

PLEASE HELP,...

Tx

Guest lejkabasz

I'm pretty sure a third party cpu controller like nofrills or setcpu will provide a wealth of governors and schedulers. No need for a new kernel, we have the latest and best from Dazzozi.

No smartass in "No frills". I'm just curious why Dazzo didn't put so popular Governor here. At least I do not have it.

Guest bladebuddy
Re: missing recovery option on power button menu

I have placed setting.apk from r2 on r3 and i have volume wake option again but i cannot find recovery option on power button. I have checked in system/power menu but there is no option and in the developers options i could not find any mention of it.

Only one having this problems ?

Solutions ?

Thanks

The option should be in settings / developer options / advanced reboot. The option is there for me

J

Guest TangerineTractor

No smartass in "No frills". I'm just curious why Dazzo didn't put so popular Governor here. At least I do not have it.

The list of available governors is based on the kernel. Apps like smartass just change the available options. The performance option in system settings does exactly the same thing.

As for why no smartass - well if you read all teh threads, you'll see that there is hardly any difference between some of the governors, they're just tweaks of ondemand - and I would guess that with a relatively low powered processor like the g300, there would be virtually no discernible benefit of one over the other. Concentrate on the frequency speed - that makes the difference.

Guest TangerineTractor

Everything running fine dso far, no issues with phone, gps, bluetooth, a2dp, wifi/mobile data switching...

One question though - I'm not a lover of the Quick Panel - much prefer the notification toggles - anybody know if there's a way to disable the quick panel button and revert it back to just a settings button like in ICS?

Guest dakok

This is fifth case of losing network. Four reported here and one on serbian forum.

One member said this was his first custom rom after hw b952 dload flashing.

I had it after a while on full flash. Ota has nothing to do with the problem.

Edited by dakok

Guest AussieExpat

Must admit I really admire the knowledge of many of you here - reported a "possible" problem with Google Voice Search -- now kinda works (on testing the latest Google Search update)

and my "problems" with K9 mail seem to be "well known" problems with JB 4.*

slowly putting the pieces together ;-)

Guest kender6

I also lost network, is there the line "ro.config.hw_fast_dormancy" in the "build.prop"? I can't find it.

Edited by kender6

Guest maabypm

Thank you for this amazing ROM DAZ!!!!!!! :)

Only one question, VPNCilla doesn't work. When you try to connect it shows:

"Cannot Create interface

Posible reason: invalid server parameter or TUN device unavailable."

With 4.0.3 it works properlly.

Thanks in advance for your support.

Guest soul_0830

Just wanted to add my finding here as well

After dialing a number if I turn on the speakphone I'm unable to here anything not even the dial tones, but the call has gone through and the person on the other end saying that they cant here me.

If I press the volume key afterwords it works as it should.

Guest kyan31
Cheers. How you find smartass then, dakok?

Repeatedly tap the build number in about, and performance options will show up.

EDIT: After reading some more comments, maybe this isn't what your looking for.

Edited by kyan31

Guest soulhand

Early days, but I'm not seeing any dramatic improvement in battery.

Fully charged this morning about 6:30am - sent one text, read emails for a few mins, down to 84% quickly. Since then it's been idle (apart from looking at the battery percentage twice) Now (about 13;00) it's down to 75%, and I would expect it will be nearly out by this evening.

The battery percentage drop does seem uneven - last night I had it drop from around 54% to 22% quickly (light use + one of those random reboots), but then it stayed at 22% (while largely idle) for quite a while...

R3 upgraded OTA from R2 (which was in turn upgraded OTA from R1 and that OTA from the then current 10.0)

Guest kosac

Hey people! The new version still have the problem with signal lost. Is that normal?!

no its not normal.. but i have it to :)

lost signals, random restarts, OpenGL problems, games frozing.. even playeble games after few minutes frozing.. and battery must go out.. but this is problem from R1, R2, R3 .. looks like this cannot be fixed.. :(

Guest Tardelo

Hey people! The new version still have the problem with signal lost. Is that normal?!

I still have that problem, and it is very annoying :(

I like this ROM, but with signal loss, it makes no sense to keep it, because I can't do the basic function of the mobile phone.

Regarding the sound, I think that is my opinion, but it is very inadequate. For it is exceedingly high, even with the volume at least. But there it is, this is just personal opinion.

Everything else loved it, and this very fluid, until it seems that I have a nexus 4.

I will come back to this Rom when the signal problem is resolved.

Oh and Congratulations Dazzozo, for the good job :)

Edited by Tardelo

Guest Dazzozo

Right, the probable cause for all your network issues is that you're actually using 109808 RIL libraries. This was initially done as it was deemed the only solution for running CM on 109808 for some very strange networks in Spain.

Since it broke network for more people than it solved, it has been reverted and they'll have to suck it up and find a way to get it to work on 2030 RIL. It "suddenly" broke after a while anyway.

Guest kyan31
Right, the probable cause for all your network issues is that you're actually using 109808 RIL libraries. This was initially done as it was deemed the only solution for running CM on 109808 for some very strange networks in Spain.

Since it broke network for more people than it solved, it has been reverted and they'll have to suck it up and find a way to get it to work on 2030 RIL. It "suddenly" broke after a while anyway.

So will be expecting a new version soon? And no, I'm not asking for ETAs, I just don't want to rebase my ROM 'again' so soon :P