[ROM][Skate] RootBox - CM/AOKP/PA mix - Android 4.2.2 (20/03/2013)

Guest C3C0

Wow! Man! I don't know how some people complain about your "slow update cycles". You're already working in another "flavor" of JB for our phone. Great Job C3C0. A question to anyone who has tried. Does Google Now latest update from tilal (CFX3/PJ3) work nice with this mix? Will the int2ex script update from C3C0 work, too?

I use the GoogleNow supplied by PlegDroid in the ParanoidJelly threads and works fine. I dont use any sd-ext manager, sorry.

Guest WiiSky70

1.- Works OK here; no problem with brightness: its the same pulled down the status bar or not.

2.- Works OK here too. Reboot mandatory, of course.

Are you sure the problems are "serious" ?

The brightness is a real problem . The navigation bar i forgot that was my fault xD

The brightness is a real problem . The navigation bar i forgot that was my fault xD

Sorry, but the brightness on my nav bar works as expected. I don't can see any problem about this. May be any combination of settings can cause your problem? anyone more has this problem?

Guest omegavesko

C3C0 can u try to add an option to change the number of desktops? Ty.

(If anyone know where's that option, say me, thanks :P)

The AOSP launcher has no settings. Just use Nova or Holo Launcher HD instead, they're better anyway.

Guest omegavesko

C3C0, Battery consumption is abusive T.T could tell me how can improve the consumer?

Show this screen.

Brightness: 16%

7y8y2ute.jpg

What's the screen on time? If you've been playing games and such, then 50% over 1.5 hours seems pretty normal.

C3C0, Battery consumption is abusive T.T could tell me how can improve the consumer?

Show this screen.

Brightness: 16%

"Abusive" is too strong of a word ... i wouldn't say that, and in my opinion the battery consumption is a little worse than with PJ1, but there is no big difference (may be 5-10% worse), however, I admit that my impression was based on only one day of testing, and the methodology has not been very strict.

Edited by RaAmon

Guest omegavesko

"Abusive" is too strong of a word ... i wouldn't say that, and in my opinion the battery consumption is a little worse than with PJ1, but there is no big difference (may be 5-10% worse), however, I admit that my impression was based on only one day of testing, and the methodology has not been very strict.

It's pretty much identical to PJ2 for me. I very rarely have less than 50% left when I get home, at which point it's been off the charger for ~9 hours, including ~2 hours of reading and light web browsing.

Only problem that i have with this rom is slowmotion when i use keyboard.Browser,messenger, its not important ,allways slow.I use Nova launcher ,which is fastest i know.Somebody else have the same problem?

Guest Lex20nine

The stock keyboard does lag a little. I use touchpal and is a little bit better. On this side, for some reason, google search (and google now) doesn't seem to be installing. I've flashed them twice and still nothing. They used to work in PJ3. But I can live without it. However if you have any suggestion, shoot!

Guest ninja121

thanks C3C0 nice rom. youtube is a little slower then on mokee but its tolerable

how high to go with cpu?

which governor should use?

and what io scheduler to use?

Quoting some new info from original topic @ XDA

Some New things to expect in the next nightly:

• New WiFi and Signal icons: Credits to ParanoidAndroid. They look much better than the stock ones.
  • StatusBar Toggles Holo Light : All toggles are now Holo when option is enabled.
  • New Toggle: RootBox Toggle - Access RootBox Settings (Thanks to Kroz for the icons)
  • Screen Delay timeout stuck @5 Seconds fixed
  • Option to disable fullscreen keyboard in landscape mode
  • One touch profile selection (When you choose profile from Power Menu, you don't need to confirm by pressing OK)
  • Long press Profile Toggle: Profiles Settings (Profile Toggle is still a work in progress)
  • Long Press Quiet Hours Toggle: Quiet Hours Settings (Toggle works but does not refresh status and icon, I will work on this)
  • Pattern Lock FC fixed
  • AOKP Record Toggle: Record Voice through toggle (Record, Stop, Play)
  • Lockscreen Memory Leak fixed
  • Pie Updates
  • Lockscreen targets: Custom app icons are smaller and rounded corners of gallery icons
  • Quiet Hours: Fixed notification sounds playing when Quiet Hours enabled.
  • Profiles: Lockscreen options (Insecure, Disabled, Default) fixed
  • Lockscreen NavBar: Little circle overlapping NavBar Buttons when PowerMenu or StatusBar dropped down on lockscreen.
  • Camera: HDR rendering for every devices (Nexus 4 already has it)

Guest dibbles

Only problem that i have with this rom is slowmotion when i use keyboard.Browser,messenger, its not important ,allways slow.I use Nova launcher ,which is fastest i know.Somebody else have the same problem?

Yes, regardless of which keyboard that I would use, there are times when it will go really slow and I could type in several words (and I am slow) before it would catch up. At other times it seems fine. Strange for sure.

Nice forthcoming update btw c3c0 :)