[Tool]AIO Tool for San Diego and xolo

Guest rickywyatt

Guest BlueMoonRising

I would have thought it needs Rooting first ... can't even get that point.

No, you don't need root to get rid of the 27MB patch since you're just flashing the original Xolo ICS update.zip which is signed. Just don't accept any update OTA after you've got a virgin ICS install.

Guest XOLO X900

Bravia Engine, Beats and X-loud don't work when injected into other ROMs. People experience pure placebo when they think these things work. Oh and even if they did work they wouldn't work on an Intel device.

Sorry to see your San Diego broke, ricky.

Yeah me too ricky...

Ok so ill leave the thought of getting bravia engine beats and xloud anway according to the xolo insider i said i knew... He told me we'd get JB by an last... But he resigned and i've been talking to the new official and he's the one who said " we havent recieved JB yet " Anyways lets hope its quick...

Problems i detected after getting CRT off animation is that the screen flashes after the animation... which irritates me... i am no dev... and i understand your hard work but please someone fix it...

Also the theme is having problems... i used the transparent theme and every notification has a shadow after we close the notification... if you get what i mean...

Guys also i have a doubt what if we just change the modules of camera with that of GB... i have this frnd who works with android and he says that we are not getting the features of GB camera on our ICS rom because the drivers aint activated and he says its something to do with the kernel...(dont remember much as we had the discussion a long time before...)

Edited by XOLO X900

I am having trouble downgrading the 27mb update so that I can then get root.

When I attempt the operation this is the output:

Please make your decision:32

* daemon not running. starting it now on port 5037 *

* daemon started successfully *

3618 KB/s (800388 bytes in 0.216s)

push: C:\SanDiego\tools\downgrade/recovery.img -> data/local/tmp/recovery.img

push: C:\SanDiego\tools\downgrade/boot.img -> data/local/tmp/boot.img

2 files pushed. 0 files skipped.

2478 KB/s (16936960 bytes in 6.673s)

open failed: Permission denied

Can't read OSIP!

recovery is an invalid entry name

open failed: Permission denied

Can't read OSIP!

fastboot is an invalid entry name

< waiting for device >

Any ideas how I can get the downgrade working?

iv sat today for 4 hours reading through this post on this forum, as i yesterday go my san diego from orange, basically im stuck with it, its a very good phone but having used rooting cwm and cyanogenmod before, im not happy that i have a orangestock rom, so im wanting to debrand, and root if possible in order to change theme ect, as mine is bright orange on every screen due to oranges branding,

iv looked into the AIO tool, and just want clarification, will this do what i require, can i remove orange logos with it?? can i root with it? that is all i want to do

if not what does this tool do ?

any help is appreciated/ instructions, (some on here are abit jumbled, with different people thinking different things)

scott

Guest BlueMoonRising

iv sat today for 4 hours reading through this post on this forum, as i yesterday go my san diego from orange, basically im stuck with it, its a very good phone but having used rooting cwm and cyanogenmod before, im not happy that i have a orangestock rom, so im wanting to debrand, and root if possible in order to change theme ect, as mine is bright orange on every screen due to oranges branding,

iv looked into the AIO tool, and just want clarification, will this do what i require, can i remove orange logos with it?? can i root with it? that is all i want to do

if not what does this tool do ?

any help is appreciated/ instructions, (some on here are abit jumbled, with different people thinking different things)

scott

Yes to all your questions.

First you need to install the Intel drivers :- http://software.inte...android-devices

Then download the AIO tool, using setup download the Xolo update.zip(it's 299MB in size). You can copy it to C:\SanDiego\tools\bricked and/or C:\SanDiego\tools\xolo folders. It should be in both. I would also use option 12(I think) in the setup screen to download Flibblesans stock pack for Xolo.

If you've got the small patch upgrade that blocks root you need to downgrade first. This actually flashes the Xolo rom after which you need to root. Then use option 35 for Flibblesans stock pack and option 33 to debrand Xolo. Finally option 6 will flash a stock logo for start up if the Xolo logo bothers you.

I personally wouldn't use the themes as you have to deodex first and you end up with the Xolo apps that you've previously removed and I at least haven't found a way of removing them after the fact.

Edited by BlueMoonRising

and how will i know if its pre installed, and if it is how do i downgrade ?

when do i connect my ohone ect, is the phone on or off

i dont want to mess it up thats all, iv only used cwm and cm10 before never tools like this ran from cmd.exe

i have just followed the instructions and aget a error saying (suoeruser access is required but could not be aqquired, ) also when i press 7 to root i get several error codes stating unsucessful, how do i downgrade as im presuming the patch is installed on my phone

Guest BlueMoonRising

i have just followed the instructions and aget a error saying (suoeruser access is required but could not be aqquired, ) also when i press 7 to root i get several error codes stating unsucessful, how do i downgrade as im presuming the patch is installed on my phone

Option 32, Downgrade, surprisingly enough....

upon trying that , i first get a message tryin to push adbinsecure to my device, which installs but i get error messages and nosuperuser request, then get th eoptions screen, when trying to use option 32 from stock, i get numerous errors again? is this normal or expected.....

any way i can check

also this is the errors i get

i must be doing something wrong am i?

post-1007864-0-46593500-1361908182_thumb

upon trying that , i first get a message tryin to push adbinsecure to my device, which installs but i get error messages and nosuperuser request, then get th eoptions screen, when trying to use option 32 from stock, i get numerous errors again? is this normal or expected.....

any way i can check

also this is the errors i get

i must be doing something wrong am i?

Well, I got the same error and am stuck trying to apply the same downgrade so will be interested in hearing any responses!

Guest BlueMoonRising

Well, I got the same error and am stuck trying to apply the same downgrade so will be interested in hearing any responses!

I believe he got around it by copying the Xolo update.zip(the 299MB one) to the phones root and then going to System Settings/About Phone/System Updates/Update from USB.

This should install a virgin Xolo ICS install, DO NOT ACCEPT ANY UPDATES OTA. You then need to root again.

I believe he got around it by copying the Xolo update.zip(the 299MB one) to the phones root and then going to System Settings/About Phone/System Updates/Update from USB.

Awesome, that worked!

Now I have another issue trying to install the signal booster. I get the following error:

Please make your decision:42

* daemon not running. starting it now on port 5037 *

* daemon started successfully *

push: C:\SanDiego\tools\SignalBoost/app/signalboost.apk -> /system/app/signalboost.apk

failed to copy 'C:\SanDiego\tools\SignalBoost/app/signalboost.apk' to '/system/app/signalboost.apk': Read-only file syst

em

Unable to chmod /system/app/ATProxy.apk: Read-only file system

Unable to chmod /system/etc/rild.conf: No such file or directory

Unable to chmod /system/lib/libganril.so: No such file or directory

Unable to chmod /system/lib/libkineto.so: No such file or directory

Unable to chmod /system/lib/librilswitch.so: No such file or directory

Any idea how I can resolve that one?

Guest BlueMoonRising

Actually I've lost signal boost again somehow. I'm 100% sure it's not me doing it which leaves me with either the fact that it fails every so often or Orange can disable it somehow. Does that sound paranoid?

I presume you are rooted by the way?

You can manually copy and paste the files and then change permissions. You then need to restart the phone.

Actually I've lost signal boost again somehow. I'm 100% sure it's not me doing it which leaves me with either the fact that it fails every so often or Orange can disable it somehow. Does that sound paranoid?

I presume you are rooted by the way?

You can manually copy and paste the files and then change permissions. You then need to restart the phone.

Yeah, I'm rooted. Is that the only pre-requisite for the signal boost?

Do I just need to run the signalboost.apk on the phone then or are the files in /etc and /lib required too?

I can't seem to browse the system partition so not sure how I would copy those files.

Cheers for your help, appreciated!