New Nexus 7 might have been spotted in official Google+ Hangouts video

Guest saiem1

Guest saiem1

The highly-rumoured new Nexus 7 tablet may have been spotted in an official Google Hangouts video posted by the search engine giant on YouTube.

A next-generation Google Nexus 7 tablet may have been spotted in the search engine giant’s new Google Hangouts video, tipped off by the blinking LED notification light.

The only feature that gives away the potential new Nexus 7 is the flashing LED light at the top of the device where the front-facing camera sits, potentially a new notification feature.

Sitting alongside an iPhone 5 shot around second 21 of the Google Hangouts video, the Nexus 7 mark 2 is then picked up by its enthusiastic owner to reveal the rear side of the device that looks identical (as far as we can tell) to the current Google Nexus 7.

The next-generation 7-inch Google tablet was spotted by Twitter user Cesi D’Alessio or @Cesi_D, who also questioned the identity of the device. As of yet, he has had no replies to his Twitter post, official or otherwise.

It was rumoured that Google would use its annual Google I/O keynote speech to launch the next-generation Google Nexus 7 tablet, which is said to pack a spec upgrade and the new Android 4.3 Key Lime Pie mobile OS.

However, Google chose to focus on new developer tools and software features rather than new products at Google I/O 2013, much to the annoyance of expectant fans.

The new Nexus 7 is reported to play host to a 7-inch LTPS panel offering 1980 x 1200p resolutions, with a new slimline bezel similar to the iPad mini. The tablet could introduce a Qualcomm Snapdragon S4 Pro processor, moving the 7-inch tablet away from the Tegra 3 quad-core SoC.

Rumoured to have a 5-megapixel rear-facing camera, the new Nexus 7 could pack a reduced 4,000mAh battery, rather than the 4,325mAh option used by the current edition.

Next, read our roundup of the Google I/O 2013 announcements – what we got, and didn’t.

post-978535-0-91664100-1368812533_thumb.

Is this the new Nexus 7?

Edited by saiem1