[ROM][4.4.] MIUI v5 (Android 4.1.2)

Guest KonstaT

Guest peetu20

Huh, wtf? That's not true at all. Of course system apps and framework need to be signed at all times. Compiling an apk with apktool leaves it with no signature what so ever! If there is an unsigned core apk (or a core apk with mismatching signature) system will always fail to boot with a clean install.

I guess you're just confused with signing an apk and there being a signature (that's what you're trying to fool with this method). Like I said, this method is very hacky and it should never be done when there are better options available (=signing the apk). And care to explain how is that different from moving the resources.arsc? ;)

I didnt say that moving resources.arsc is different than moving AndroidManifest.xml and META-INf folder. I do not see any reason to sign system app, if I havent modified AndroidManifest.xml. Its much easier and faster to just move mentioned files(or file in your case) than signing apk. I just meant that theres no need to sign system apk, because them can be "signed" by moving files from original to modded :P

Guest peetu20

The framework's already compiled and signed, but I'm stuck in the boot again.

Also signed to the rom.zip file with the ZipSigner again when I put the framework's ...

Have you signed it with plattform key? Just read my and KonstaTs posts, move AndroidManifest.xml and META-INF folder from the ORIGINAL apk to your compiled.

No need to sign anything, because you "sign" them when you move mentioned files! Files I mentioned need to be signed with the plattform key, but because we move the original files to modded, we do not need to sign anything, because the files have already been signed with plattform key.

Guest KonstaT

The framework's already compiled and signed, but I'm stuck in the boot again.

Also signed to the rom.zip file with the ZipSigner again when I put the framework's ...

I doubt it's nothing 'adb logcat' wont tell you why...

Have you signed it with plattform key? Just read my and KonstaTs posts, move AndroidManifest.xml and META-INF folder from the ORIGINAL apk to your compiled.

No need to sign anything, because you "sign" them when you move mentioned files! Files I mentioned need to be signed with the plattform key, but because we move the original files to modded, we do not need to sign anything, because the files have already been signed with plattform key.

If you know it needs to be signed with platform key - then sign it with platform key! Apktool is generally used to reverse engineer stock ROMs and proprietary apps etc that are signed with private keys.

You can of course verify which signature is used and compare it to know values, but this is luxury that only linux user have. ;)

keytool -printcert -v -file CERT.RSA | grep "Serial"
[/CODE]

Guest peetu20

I doubt it's nothing 'adb logcat' wont tell you why...

If you know it needs to be signed with platform key - then sign it with platform key! Apktool is generally used to reverse engineer stock ROMs and proprietary apps etc that are signed with private keys.

You can of course verify which signature is used and compare it to know values, but this is luxury that only linux user have. ;)

keytool -printcert -v -file CERT.RSA | grep "Serial"

Wtf? I do not need to sign nothing at this moment, thmnss needs to. Arent we talking now about how to sign system app, right?? :P

I do not know how does thmnss sign his apks, his not telling it, so its bit tough to help him.

Guest peetu20

I sign the apk with apktool

Yes, but with default key, right?

Just move AndroidManifest.xml and META-INF folder from original to compiled. It will work.

Guest KonstaT

Wtf? I do not need to sign nothing at this moment, thmnss needs to. Arent we talking now about how to sign system app, right?? :P

I do not know how does thmnss sign his apks, his not telling it, so its bit tough to help him.

We are talking about the right and the wrong way of doing things. ;)

I sign the apk with apktool

Apktool doesn't sign anything. You'll need signapk.jar for that. You can easily find it and the necessary keys if you google it.

java -jar signapk.jar platform.x509.pem platform.pk8 app.apk app-signed.apk[/CODE]

Guest peetu20

So there is little tip how to sign system apk with apk multitools:

1.Get apk multitools

2.Get this: http://forum.xda-developers.com/attachment.php?attachmentid=1953439&d=1368266526 and copy these files to apkmultitool/other

3.Place apk to the apk multitools folder. Open script and choose file to work with, then hit sign. Thats right, could not be so hard.

• 2 weeks later...
Guest H3nS

i already tested on zte acqua work good a little lagy..... the only thing that is broken is the camera that you can fix with the cm10 camera fix zip... and that's it......

Guest KonstaT

i already tested on zte acqua work good a little lagy..... the only thing that is broken is the camera that you can fix with the cm10 camera fix zip... and that's it......

Errm, what cm10 camera fix? There's absolutely no reason why camera wouldn't work on Acqua out-of-the-box.

Hi,

What's the minimum partition size for this rom?

Thank you in advance

I bet you want to install this onto a wrong device. :P This ROM is for Blade III and there is no way of changing partition layout.

Guest peetu20

Errm, what cm10 camera fix? There's absolutely no reason why camera wouldn't work on Acqua out-of-the-box.

I bet you want to install this onto a wrong device. :P This ROM is for Blade III and there is no way of changing partition layout.

This is little offtopic, but while I took a loon to my Blade III partition info, I can see about 300mb cache. Why does zte put cache partition on ics device? I have understood that ICS and never versions doesnt use cache partition, cache is stored on data partition. This is maybe stupid question, but if we could use /cache as swap, because at this moment its unused :D

Guest KonstaT

This is little offtopic, but while I took a loon to my Blade III partition info, I can see about 300mb cache. Why does zte put cache partition on ics device? I have understood that ICS and never versions doesnt use cache partition, cache is stored on data partition. This is maybe stupid question, but if we could use /cache as swap, because at this moment its unused :D

E.g. official ZTE OTA updates are saved to /cache.

Sure, you can write a script and use /cache for as pretty much anything you want.

Guest peetu20

E.g. official ZTE OTA updates are saved to /cache.

Sure, you can write a script and use /cache for as pretty much anything you want.

Ou, thanks still. Is there any guide/help fot writing sctipt? It would be nice but I dont know where to start :(

Guest H3nS

mine camera before flash with cm10 camera fix zip the camera force close.... why this rom is little laggy?

and where is the overclock setting? didnt seems to have it

Edited by H3nS

Guest KonstaT

mine camera before flash with cm10 camera fix zip the camera force close.... why this rom is little laggy?

and where is the overclock setting? didnt seems to have it

Again, what cm10 camera fix zip?

There's no performance options but you can overclock using third party apps (e.g. SetCPU, No-frills CPU Control, etc).