WiFi Broken

Guest chippythewiz

Guest chippythewiz

Hi Guys, is it only me but the WiFi on my Fonepad was fine when I first had it but after the latest update it has real difficulty maintaining a signal at any of the locations I use it.

I am constantly getting prompted to switch to another WiFi SID. This style of helper never appears on any of the other Android devices I have, this is why I'm suspicious that this might be a manufacturers idea of an "enhancement" to the OS that is causing issues.

Edited by chippythewiz

Guest RaAmon

Hi Guys, is it only me but the WiFi on my Fonepad was fine when I first had it but after the latest update it has real difficulty maintaining a signal at any of the locations I use it.

I am constantly getting prompted to switch to another WiFi SID. This style of helper never appears on any of the other Android devices I have, this is why I'm suspicious that this might be a manufacturers idea of an "enhancement" to the OS that is causing issues.

WiFi works ok here on FonePad K004 with 3.2.3 update, both on my home WiFi as 4 or 5 WiFis more on work, pubs, stores, ...

• 2 weeks later...
Guest chippythewiz

OK I'm answering my own question but it might be useful to someone.

I eventually traced the problem to a piece of software called "Open Garden". Though the problem is strictly with the this program and the last update. Not sure what the issue is but if you have this phone/tablet I sugest disabling this program for the time being.

Works a treat on all my other devices :-(

Open Garden:

"Open Garden shares your Internet connection with your laptop, tablet or phone. No root access is required.

To install the app on your laptop or for AT&T users looking for the APK, go to:

https://opengarden.com

It requires bluetooth and to be installed on all devices, such as your Android phone, laptop or tablet. Once installed devices automatically connect.