[ROM] Huawei Ascend Y300-100 (B196) (V1.2Final - 5.10.2013)

Guest ShockeyCzT

I did antutu test (the last antutu version ) with this rom, got 7331 with many apps installed like WhatsApp, voxer, Facebook messenger and pages manager and so on.. When I was with b174 I scored max around 6000,nice!

ppl were talking about around 8000 with b194, but i have to mention they were using custom Roms based on b194 with tweaks an stuff... so we can expect better than this also

Guest Market88
ppl were talking about around 8000 with b194, but i have to mention they were using custom Roms based on b194 with tweaks an stuff... so we can expect better than this also

I'm happy to hear it! ;)

I got 7703 Antutu score & that's the biggest one on Y300 with B194 that I tweaked my self. It's nice that they poached security. What's the kernel revision on B196?

I hate downloading from mega. Urgh I'll give it a miss

+1, i hate mega, when ever i see it i have to forget about the Rom, its my night mare !!!

@ZolaIII

sorry my bad i saw 8000 in a topic for g510, and i havn't test this Rom yet so have no idea

Edited by ako0

Flash this from recovery: http://d-h.st/OSk

With a little work it's also possible to get the AOSP messaging app working as well as full hardware acceleration. By default Huawei limits HWA.

Thanks, I flashed it, but when i try to set an alarm, its just quit with a message that the app has stoped.

Also there are constans messages that the app has stopped.

Do i have to do anything else after the flashing?

Guest TangerineTractor

+1, i hate mega, when ever i see it i have to forget about the Rom, its my night mare !!!

Its very straightforward on a PC then copy over, or if you have to do it on your phone, download the Mega app, copy the mega.nz link and in teh mega app do open link, really simple.

I prefer other sites, but it`s not so hard its imposisble.

Its very straightforward on a PC then copy over, or if you have to do it on your phone, download the Mega app, copy the mega.nz link and in teh mega app do open link, really simple.

I prefer other sites, but it`s not so hard its imposisble.

i live in a country with the lowest net speed on the planet earth, i mean Iran, my download speed is on 30 KB per second, downloading a Rom takes 5-6 hours and with mobile it takes more i guess so not possible,, plus my net disconnects several times per day and there is no resume button in mega and u cant use download managers for downloading from mega to get a better speed and resum capability.

Thanks any ways

Edited by ako0

Guest TangerineTractor

i live in a country with the lowest net speed on the planet earth, i mean Iran, my download speed is on 30 KB per second, downloading a Rom takes 5-6 hours and with mobile it takes more i guess so not possible,, plus my net disconnects several times per day and there is no resume button in mega and u cant use download managers for downloading from mega to get a better speed and resum capability.

Thanks any ways

I can put it on dropbox or gdrive or somewhere for you and send you a private link - where is best?

I can put it on dropbox or gdrive or somewhere for you and send you a private link - where is best?

oh thanks a lot dude, its really kind of ya, but i'll just download tillaz's Rom, he rebased fusionx on b196 and its light, thanks again dont wanna bother you ;)

Guest TangerineTractor

oh thanks a lot dude, its really kind of ya, but i'll just download tillaz's Rom, he rebased fusionx on b196 and its light, thanks again dont wanna bother you ;)

No problem. I'll try fusionx now, hadn;t seen the update.

I'm probably going to uninstall the xposed framework though - I think that it causes bugs and problems, and it's not worth the instability for a bit of eye candy.

No problem. I'll try fusionx now, hadn;t seen the update.

I'm probably going to uninstall the xposed framework though - I think that it causes bugs and problems, and it's not worth the instability for a bit of eye candy.

OTA doesnt work, still shows B05, he put a dl link tho

Fusionx B06: https://docs.google.com/file/d/0B95Kxd4fawQVSy1VTTFPM29Penc/edit?usp=sharing

Edited by ako0

Guest TangerineTractor

OTA doesnt work, still shows B05, he put a dl link tho

Fusionx B06: https://docs.google....dit?usp=sharing

Just tried it.

FusionX is OK, not noticeably different in performance to this, and the Xposed framework is an unneccessary complication. Lets you do a few visual tweaks, but breaks more than it fixes in my experience, so I'm back on this for the time being. Take this rom, install your preferred launcher, uninstall any apps you don;t need, and it's a flyer.

Thanks, I flashed it, but when i try to set an alarm, its just quit with a message that the app has stoped.

Also there are constans messages that the app has stopped.

Do i have to do anything else after the flashing?

You might need to wipe /data/ before it works. That or make sure that the Huawei alarm data isn't in /data/data/

I can't test the APK myself, but I've been told that that version works on FusionX.

You might need to wipe /data/ before it works. That or make sure that the Huawei alarm data isn't in /data/data/

I can't test the APK myself, but I've been told that that version works on FusionX.

i tried the android 4.2 clock app u provided in a flashable zip on fusionx b04 and it works perfect

Guest willsmity

Install today this rom , i notice the phone is running slower that B190 , don't know why. Antutu gives me 7403 score , when i was having 7862.

Edited by willsmity

Guest nirmalbalaji

Stock Notification Toggles are working or it was still greyed out?

Edit: I flashed the ROM. Everything works fine. Stock notification toggles are availabe.

Edited by nirmalbalaji

Thank you , meanwhile I remembered that have to delete the data/data/com.android.desktop folder, than it works fine now.

Also there is a bug, in the timer at the first digits of the seconds, it looks like cutted on the right side

Guest nirmalbalaji

Battery usage:

3 hours this morning, 1 hour intense use, 2 hours mainly standby, one of them on 3G, total usage 15%.

How is the battery life now? I mean after one or two days.

Guest TangerineTractor

How is the battery life now? I mean after one or two days.

Excellent.

Been using the phone quite intensively for six hours, mainly Twitter and email, bit of browsing, and I'm at 70%

Guest nirmalbalaji

I found the change log of B196 firmware for another mobile. Its a G520 China only mobile. Official date of the firmware is 10th September 2013. You can find the firmware and its change log at http://cn.ui.vmall.com/emotiondownload.php?type=G520 and http://cn.club.vmall.com/forum.php?mod=viewthread&tid=191874 It has pretty much same specs as Y300 and G510 except the processor. I browsed throughout Emotion UI China website and found B196 update for few other mobiles which are all very identical to our Y300 and G510.

Here is the Google Translated change log:

Last edited by town yuan at 2013-9-10 18:52 Edit

Huawei Ascend G520 China Unicom

(G520-0000, Emotion UI, B196)

Release notes

Download: http://zh.ui.vmall.com/emotiondownload.php?type=G520

Fit for:

Unicom, Huawei Ascend G520 (G520-0000)

Note:

Please read carefully before Brush Brush tutorial and backup of personal data, to avoid the risks of the process;

This version only applies to the above fit models do not support other models;

Brush or use in any need of help and resolve problems can go to the pollen club for support.

Update:

[The recommendation]

Fix the SIM card-related operations, the probability of contact to stop the pop-up problem

Repair during the operation in some low probability question of error pops Phone

Repair micro-channel in speaker, handset, and headset mode switching playback language problems

The probability of there being given problem repair gallery

Optimized fit into Google security patches, enhanced system stability

[system]

Optimized fit into Google security patches, enhanced system stability

[Contact]

Fix switching font size and click Dial error problem

Repair switching system language and click Dial error problem

Fix the SIM card-related operations, the probability of contact to stop the pop-up problem

Repair during the operation in some low probability question of error pops Phone

Fix the old machine mode, the phone without contacts, import contacts from the SD card, the low probability of import after import contacts interface on the card in question

Fix in some scenarios under the basic operations such as the Contacts menu or deleting new contacts when the question of error

Repair phone after landing two exchange users, the elderly native mode new contact will now select the location when the question of error

Letter [micro]

Repair micro-channel in speaker, handset, and headset mode switching playback language problems

[QQ]

Optimization 2013QQ video calls sound small

[Gallery]

The probability of there being given problem repair gallery

[Voice assistant]

Repair the connection and select Bluetooth headset voice loud speaker, the sound from the Bluetooth headset probability appear outgoing

So what I think is Huawei may have patched the Master Key exploits (8219321 & 9695860) in the B196 firmware on various countries too.