[Kernel] CeXstel v0.62 (Y300/G510) [Stock/CM] [29/03/14]

Guest Ceastel

Guest GORIC12

unfortunately the image of the operator logo appears before the boot animation that is something else. I thought that this could change it by changing the kernel which I think is the heart of the system but perhaps this isn't the right way. Anyway thanks for your answer.

Guest Ceastel

I think the problem is with sources .

Huawei released only sources for y300c (chinese model of european y300).

If i good saw y300c have TFT screen type (y300 have ips)

I need european source to fix it faster .

Guest fonz93

I think the problem is with sources .

Huawei released only sources for y300c (chinese model of european y300).

If i good saw y300c have TFT screen type (y300 have ips)

I need european source to fix it faster .

Sure? in some site i saw IPS, we have also IPS?or not?

Edit:ok i did a search, we have tft lcd, y300c some site say ips and others normal tft, g510 has ips

Edited by fonz93

Guest bgmenot111

HTC HD2 has 1 GHz Scorpion (cpu)

But I dont know , hd2 with custom kernel can recording 720p without lag but G510/Y300 with 2GHz Scorpion cant recrord 720p.

and why our devices cant support otg?

Edited by bgmenot111

Guest Ducsidu

HTC HD2 has 1 GHz Scorpion (cpu)

But I dont know , hd2 with custom kernel can recording 720p without lag but G510/Y300 with 2 GHz Scorpion cant recrord 720p.

and why our devices cant support otg?

The G510/Y300 doesn't have a 2GHz Scorpion processor... They have a 2x1.0 GHz Cortex-A5 CPU which are nearly as fast as the HD2's single core processor. The problem for the HD recording/playing is the GPU, which is an Adreno 203. BTW the HD2 has an Adreno 200 which is weaker than the 203, so it shouldn't record in 720p, maybe with low fps, but the Y300 can also do that.

Guest bgmenot111

thanks

I tested HD2.

I am sure Hd2 recording 720p without lag with custom kernel

and How can y300 record 720p?? without lag ?

Edited by bgmenot111

Guest Ducsidu

thanks

I tested HD2.

I am sure Hd2 recording 720p without lag with custom recovery

and How can y300 record 720p?? without lag ?

I don't know then  :D Someone smarter will answer your question.

Guest boerge

I use cm 10.1 with your kernel. It works very well.

My question : Why are the kernels of cm in version 0.1 and only the kernel of stock is in 0.21?

Guest ZolaIII

The G510/Y300 doesn't have a 2GHz Scorpion processor... They have a 2x1.0 GHz Cortex-A5 CPU which are nearly as fast as the HD2's single core processor. The problem for the HD recording/playing is the GPU, which is an Adreno 203. BTW the HD2 has an Adreno 200 which is weaker than the 203, so it shouldn't record in 720p, maybe with low fps, but the Y300 can also do that.

You are missed the point!

He meant OCd Scorpion processor (I do think that 2GHz is a little to much even for cherry picked socs on 45nm soi)!

Scorpions actually ended up being slower then referent ARM design (cortex A8) because Qualcomm never did manage to push the optimizations for they hardware designs in software world!

The Adreno 203 is actually the same Adreno 200 enhanced that's on 7xxxa socs.

Well the msm8225 soc can encode H264 video on baseline profile (3.0-3.1) in 720p format with 13 fps! If you OC the processors to lets say 1.4GHz (most will be stable & on 1.6GHz) that will bring the boost of fpu performance around 20%(25%) & that's 16-17 fps. Unfortunately I don't know way to OC the GPU (there whose one attempt that whose half way successful - 2D OC worked bat 3D didn't)! The next performance gain should be from usage of Linux kernel 3.6+ with hard float Neon support & proper libs gains are around 35-40% & that will be around 21-24 fps with CPU OC & that is just in of for European (based on PAL) fps video protocol! Bat problem is that we are very far from that thanks to Google! The other chance are the freedreno driver's that are open source so they can be adopted for GPU OC & probably they will be a step up from proprietary Adreno drivers even without OC because Qualcomm's GPU drivers are horrible! & in a same conditions if you use H263 codec you will be able to get NTSC 720p 29,97 (30) fps video encoding! For all of that we are still long way from home! ;)

Guest Ducsidu

You are missed the point!

He meant OCd Scorpion processor (I do think that 2GHz is a little to much even for cherry picked socs on 45nm soi)!

Scorpions actually ended up being slower then referent ARM design (cortex A8) because Qualcomm never did manage to push the optimizations for they hardware designs in software world!

The Adreno 203 is actually the same Adreno 200 enhanced that's on 7xxxa socs.

Well the msm8225 soc can encode H264 video on baseline profile (3.0-3.1) in 720p format with 13 fps! If you OC the processors to lets say 1.4GHz (most will be stable & on 1.6GHz) that will bring the boost of fpu performance around 20%(25%) & that's 16-17 fps. Unfortunately I don't know way to OC the GPU (there whose one attempt that whose half way successful - 2D OC worked bat 3D didn't)! The next performance gain should be from usage of Linux kernel 3.6+ with hard float Neon support & proper libs gains are around 35-40% & that will be around 21-24 fps with CPU OC & that is just in of for European (based on PAL) fps video protocol! Bat problem is that we are very far from that thanks to Google! The other chance are the freedreno driver's that are open source so they can be adopted for GPU OC & probably they will be a step up from proprietary Adreno drivers even without OC because Qualcomm's GPU drivers are horrible! & in a same conditions if you use H263 codec you will be able to get NTSC 720p 29,97 (30) fps video encoding! For all of that we are still long way from home! ;)

Thanks for enlightening me! :D I didn't dig myself in the topic so deep.

From what you wrote I got that the hardware is capable of 720p decoding, but it's nearly impossible to get it working like that. Good to know.

Guest ZolaIII

The QSD8250 soc by any means is not capable to run on 2GHz its made on 65nm soi!

It has original Adreno 200 (lower clocks) & DSP on 600MHz (our works on 350MHz) bat I don't think DSP is used for video!

I really don't see how this soc is capable to encode H264 video in 720p format on some standard frame rate??,?

Guest Ceastel

First beta with a little bit overclocked gpu.

I want more speed up this bad adreno but not now ... :)

yq48.png

Edited by Ceastel

Guest Ceastel

Someone with reboot (on antutu) could try this kernel with b197 rom?

I'm testing kernel on it and I don't have reboot.

Edited by Ceastel