Problem in recompiling systemui.apk

Guest fonz93

Hi guys, i am trying to recompile systemui.apk but i can't i have always this error, with apk multi tool or apktool is the same, i have the same error..sorry if i did something wrong, but i am a noob with this things and this is the first time that i recompile an apk

post-1023425-0-76998800-1382456642_thumb

Edited by fonz93

If you modified public.xml then undo the changes you made to that file and compile. apktool will generate the values for you, so if you decompile the new APK then you could update any smali const values with what's been generated in public.xml.

That error - "entry index is larger than available symbols" is normally generated when public.xml has been modified, or if theres a missing file.

What I'm saying is that if you had of manually typed stuff into public.xml then that's not required since apktool will update that info itself.

When decompiling systemui did it complete without any error and did you add the framework-res.apk file?

java -jar apktool.jar if framework-res.apk

EDIT: The other error "declared here is not defined" could be caused by an invalid .9.png image file or invalid xml file.

Edited by H3ROS

no errors in decompiling

i didnt modify public.xml and yes i did this from cmd:

apktool if framework-res.apk

apktool d SystemUI.apk

apktool b SystemUI system.apk

and also this:

apktool if framework-res.apk

apktool if framework-res-hwext.apk

apktool d SystemUI.apk

apktool b SystemUI system.apk

but nothing, same error, im sorry if im wasting your time, i am a novice with this..

Edited by fonz93

I don't know what you've changed within the file, so I can't make a suggestion other than to add whatever is missing.

If you posted the files contents before your change and after your change then I might be able to tell you what's wrong.

ok 

the modified line is this:<FrameLayout android:id="@id/notification_panel" android:background="@drawable/notification_panel_bg" 

to this: <FrameLayout android:id="@id/notification_panel" android:background="#3F000000"

i am trying to set transparent notification bar

edit: i tried to recompile without modify anything and i have the same error

Edit2: i tried to edit system ui of another stock based rom (fusionx) and it worked... now i understand that i had errors in decompiling like:

I: error...

W:error...

I:error..

if you need i can do a screen...

status_bar_expanded - after change -.xml

status_bar_expanded - before -.xml

public.xml

Edited by fonz93

You only need to delete public.xml from values folder before recompile(Don't worr, this doesn't affect to final apk)

ok i did it, now compiled without errors, thanks a lot :)

ok i did it, now compiled without errors, thanks a lot :)

And does the recompiled SettingsUI.apk work at all? I tried and I'm left with no status bar :(

Edited by fpb

And does the recompiled SettingsUI.apk work at all? I tried and I'm left with no status bar :(

Yes, i dont know why... maybe the huawei systemui cant be modified with the same methods of others stock rom, i had an error while running systemui, i think was animation drawable.xml, something like this