[ROM]MSR-Rom V5 [Official][25-2-14][swing]

Guest Spacecaker

Guest execpwd

Gps. About the new version.

Don't create false hopes. We won't have a GPS working version, at least not until one of the devs will really need GPS, that would be the moment when bugs will be fixed and interest will be shown...

Guest SoaptaFantomei

Ok, i don't understand this GPS problem... I am using 7comp ROM for some time, with GPS activated... I'm having no problems with apps like Facebook, Foursquare and frankly with any other app that uses GPS. It tracks my location almost to perfection. Even with that "Find my device" app from Google, the GPS works. I've tested this ROM, truth be told, it is a very nice ROM, but I like 7comp for the diversity of the customization... But, I am really confused about this GPS problem everyone seems to freak about....

Guest Spacecaker

Ok, i don't understand this GPS problem... I am using 7comp ROM for some time, with GPS activated... I'm having no problems with apps like Facebook, Foursquare and frankly with any other app that uses GPS. It tracks my location almost to perfection. Even with that "Find my device" app from Google, the GPS works. I've tested this ROM, truth be told, it is a very nice ROM, but I like 7comp for the diversity of the customization... But, I am really confused about this GPS problem everyone seems to freak about....

u are using the Internet GPS ;)

this is the GPS thats internal it will give u a popup in statusbar from GPS is searching for satelites.

truth is we have investigated it and still searching but we cant find the reason why thats main thing why we are struggling with GPS 

we almost got a Stable Device tree/CM10 build 

atleast 99% of all Random reboots are fixed and freezes for what i know also maybe after 3 times calling a freeze comes i dont know i self dont call a lot :p 

but the only freezes we might have right now should all be able to redo so we all know where they are ;)

and GPS well thats if i say it currently a big fat B*tch xD 

Guest SoaptaFantomei

Ok, thank you for the answer @Spacecaker, but please don't be upset for the following: There is no popup in my statusbar when I use GPS... And to be honest I deactivated that internal GPS setting you are talking about. So, honestly... I still have no clue why everyone is so upset about the GPS problem, when I, with an ORGROD acer, bootloader unlocked, using 7Comp ROM seem to have no issue. And I am willing to bet that if I install MSR Rom, I will still have no problem with it...

BUT AGAIN, let me say say I have no idea how to compile a ROM, or even do the things that you guys do for us everyday (for which I thank you), so I might just be stupid :)

It's just that a lot of people are complainig about an issue that I have never encountered. Except the random reeboots :)

Guest execpwd

Ok, thank you for the answer @Spacecaker, but please don't be upset for the following: There is no popup in my statusbar when I use GPS... And to be honest I deactivated that internal GPS setting you are talking about. So, honestly... I still have no clue why everyone is so upset about the GPS problem, when I, with an ORGROD acer, bootloader unlocked, using 7Comp ROM seem to have no issue. And I am willing to bet that if I install MSR Rom, I will still have no problem with it...

BUT AGAIN, let me say say I have no idea how to compile a ROM, or even do the things that you guys do for us everyday (for which I thank you), so I might just be stupid :)

It's just that a lot of people are complainig about an issue that I have never encountered. Except the random reeboots :)

You are tracked by internet. I need the GPS for applications like iGO navigation, because Internet is too expensive out of country. I don't even know what that 7comp rom is...

Without GPS, your location is only defined by using known Wifi access spots in the surroundings. It's not very accurate, and if there are no Wifi spots around and/or you want to use a navigation app such as "Mappy GPS Free", you absolutely /need/ the internal GPS chip for it to work.

That's why it's such a big deal for some of us, and why I've kept the stock ROM for now.

Guest execpwd

Without GPS, your location is only defined by using known Wifi access spots in the surroundings. It's not very accurate, and if there are no Wifi spots around and/or you want to use a navigation app such as "Mappy GPS Free", you absolutely /need/ the internal GPS chip for it to work.

That's why it's such a big deal for some of us, and why I've kept the stock ROM for now.

So, I am not the only one that needs that GPS... Anyways, atm a custom ROM would be useless for me, as long as I solved the 'customization' problems with xposed modules. Acer stock and Reca are the best atm.

Guest SoaptaFantomei

Ok guys, thank you for clearing that issue for me :) Anyways.... Again, @Spacecaker, good job with MSR ROM, i've tried it, and it is a beauty. Congrats and keep up the good work!

Guest execpwd

Yeah, soon or later I will go for a custom ROM, but only after I find a support for my Nexus to be held in the windscreen - if the GPS problem won't be solved for Acer. I've seen some interesting features on these custom ROMS, and in my opinion they are must-have ... xD

Guest Spacecaker

Question : I can't find here if it has 'theme chooser' just like CM... If it does, what themes does it support? Thanks in advance...

it has the latest themechooser installed ;)

settings/themes.

it supports cm10 themes and cm9 an cm10.1 etc :p

Guest execpwd

it has the latest themechooser installed ;)

settings/themes.

it supports cm10 themes and cm9 an cm10.1 etc :p

it also supports CM 10.1? GREAT! What's the process of unlocking bootloader? The tutorial on AcerBlogSpot is kinda weird...

Guest Spacecaker

it also supports CM 10.1? GREAT! What's the process of unlocking bootloader? The tutorial on AcerBlogSpot is kinda weird...

u can use the acertool V4 to unlock.

i used an unlockboot.img from some tutorials i found on this forum.

Guest Spacecaker

also i made a nice music player ;) wich will be included in next versions of msr roms.
its called Butter. Why ? we wanted a music player to be elegant and nice , smooth and well butter is that to so thats how we came up with that name :P

1504084_593223787412773_1213117997_n.jpg1512777_593223810746104_975999501_n.jpg1558423_593223830746102_371373522_n.jpg

Guest execpwd

also i made a nice music player ;) wich will be included in next versions of msr roms.

its called Butter. Why ? we wanted a music player to be elegant and nice , smooth and well butter is that to so thats how we came up with that name :P

Posted ImagePosted ImagePosted Image

it means that there's a new version rolling out soon...