[DEV][ROM][2.7.] CyanogenMod 11 (Android 4.4.4)

Guest KonstaT

Guest asko116

Q: When I'm connected with an USB cable to my computer, I can't see my internal sdcard as a storage, why?

A: I've made an executive decision not to include a mount point for internal sdcard. This is because recent Android versions don't allow setting emulated sdcard as secondary storage. Setting rather small emulated sdcard as a primary storage caused issues with games/apps that want to download large amounts of data to the sdcard.

please make a second 4.4.4kitkat rom with internal sdcard storage :( or tell me how do i make it self

Edited by asko116

Guest dubstep774
Q: When I'm connected with an USB cable to my computer, I can't see my internal sdcard as a storage, why?

A: I've made an executive decision not to include a mount point for internal sdcard. This is because recent Android versions don't allow setting emulated sdcard as secondary storage. Setting rather small emulated sdcard as a primary storage caused issues with games/apps that want to download large amounts of data to the sdcard.

please make a second 4.4.4kitkat rom with internal sdcard storage 

Can't you read man? KonstaT clearly said that making internal sd card visible produces errors with apps (mainly games which require a lot of data)

So I'm gona say it to you so you can understand:

IT'S IMPOSSIBLE!!!!

Edited by dubstep774

Guest libove

Can't you read man? KonstaT clearly said that making internal sd card visible produces errors with apps (mainly games which require a lot of data)

So I'm gona say it to you so you can understand:

IT'S IMPOSSIBLE!!!!

Actually, I wonder if it couldn't be accomplished, although with a hack which should need to be done at the CyanogenMod level rather than at the level of a port to any particular device:

It's the current Android kernel which wants to make removable SD cards not generally readable, except through app-specific virtualization. There's some neat consistency and security themes to this, but the way that Google did it really is annoying.

At the kernel level, withOUT breaking the current model completely (which the hacks of enabling, in general, the new SD card privilege for whole categories of apps), I suppose it should be possible to create a system service which has that access and which can offer that access brokered through e.g. specifically file managers and the USB storage adapter. Then apps don't break, the general security of the new model stands, but we have easy read-write access when we find it convenient.

KonstaT, I'd be quite interested to hear your thoughts on that (acknowledging that it would not be the right place to put it in any device-specific port, but to know how you feel about us trying to convince CM to find a clean solution to Google's "damage" regarding SD card storage)?

thanks,

Guest KonstaT

Hi KonstaT,

I am wondering if you had an Android L rom for Blade III in this early phase?

Many thanks for the many roms you already gave us.

Marton

Already asked and answered several times. Completely pointless to even discuss before L-version is officially released and it's source code is pushed to AOSP. And it wouldn't even be remotely possible before that because of all the hacks we have even for KitKat (and it's only going to get worse). In addition, I really don't see any point pushing this device any further (which of course doesn't mean someone else couldn't do it).

hey konsta, little help maybe?

using your roms from a being of time :)

installed this 4.4.4 and NEVER (i think, maybe, once or two times from THE beginning) crashed or restarted 3 times in 5 days.

So, i installed logcat so i can give you log....but...logcat started reading logs, and keeps crashing, cant do anything....tried logviewer, keeps reading indefinitely, what to do

_

recording with logcat extreme.....will it continue when phone shuts down,reboot?

How could an app do anything if the OS has crashed? ADB is the only proper way to do this (e.g. 'adb logcat > filename.txt').

please make a second 4.4.4kitkat rom with internal sdcard storage :( or tell me how do i make it self

That's not going to happen. I never preferred having internal emulated sdcard myself and when I once released a build, user outrage was unheard-of. It would be different if we had physical nand partition for internal sdcard, but no, ZTE decided to have only one 'large' /data partition and emulate sdcard (/data/media). You'd also need a recovery image that supports internal emulated sdcard to make things right.

If you want to do it yourself, you should follow the reference for 'emulated primary, physical secondary' device. Essentially it means reverting this commit as I had this done at very early KitKat bring up. General build instructions are in the third post as usual.

Actually, I wonder if it couldn't be accomplished, although with a hack which should need to be done at the CyanogenMod level rather than at the level of a port to any particular device:

It's the current Android kernel which wants to make removable SD cards not generally readable, except through app-specific virtualization. There's some neat consistency and security themes to this, but the way that Google did it really is annoying.

At the kernel level, withOUT breaking the current model completely (which the hacks of enabling, in general, the new SD card privilege for whole categories of apps), I suppose it should be possible to create a system service which has that access and which can offer that access brokered through e.g. specifically file managers and the USB storage adapter. Then apps don't break, the general security of the new model stands, but we have easy read-write access when we find it convenient.

KonstaT, I'd be quite interested to hear your thoughts on that (acknowledging that it would not be the right place to put it in any device-specific port, but to know how you feel about us trying to convince CM to find a clean solution to Google's "damage" regarding SD card storage)?

thanks,

Who's said it can't be done? Nothing to do with kernel, nothing to do with CyanogenMod, very little to do with Google - purely a problem how the internal storage is partitioned on this device. Only problem with Android here is that you can only set emulated sdcard as the primary storage. And the /data partition where this primary emulated sdcard should reside is rather small on this device (~2.5 gb or even less on some newer devices). After app data and dalvik cache etc for system apps only, you already have some 500 mb of that gone. Any apps that you'll install will decrease it even more. In best case scenario, you'd have ~1.5 gb left for internal sdcard and that's way too small to have as a primary storage these days. Having larger external sdcard as a secondary storage would practically mean completely wasting it as it would be virtually inaccessible for any apps to utilize.

That's why I've said I've made an executive decision not to have it. I don't prefer it, having it would suck big time.

Guest KonstaT

Hi KonstaT, mobile data not working, i cant access to mobile internet can you fix that? Thanks 

Lol, of course it works. Fix it yourself (set correct APNs for your carrier).

Guest dubstep774

I want to ask:

is there a way to use swaping (or any other method) to swap some of that internal sd card sace (some % of the unused) for some more RAM?

technically speaking (not that I can or will try) I want just to now if it's possible.

Thanks in advance.

Guest KonstaT

I want to ask:

is there a way to use swaping (or any other method) to swap some of that internal sd card sace (some % of the unused) for some more RAM?

technically speaking (not that I can or will try) I want just to now if it's possible.

Thanks in advance.

Of course, and if you'd search the forum you'd even find a guide to do it.

http://www.modaco.com/topic/361761-cm101-using-swap-without-repartitioning/

KitKat has zRAM enabled by default though and I'm not quite sure if you're grasping the concept of swap correctly.

Guest CyberTechSRB

KonstaT can you add OTG support for mouse and keyboard and joystick :D

and one more qus. what is best combination governors & i/o shedulers

i Use Smartassv2 and SIO

Guest KonstaT

KonstaT can you add OTG support for mouse and keyboard and joystick :D

and one more qus. what is best combination governors & i/o shedulers

i Use Smartassv2 and SIO

Can't add something that's already there. ;) Mouses and keyboards work just fine as well as external USB-storage. Blade III doesn't output power from the USB port so you'll need an active USB hub or other outside power source. Using an USB OTG y-cable is probably the easiest solution.

I use Smartassv2 and ROW. I doubt you're going to notice any major difference in everyday use.

Guest Szegab

Hi Konsta!

I have CM11 with Kitkat 4.4.4.

Could you tell me how can I fixing kamera crash when I try to make video, and my other problem is not able to recording my phone calls. For example with Call Recorder app by skvalex. My old system was working fine with these components and never problem for that.

Thank you for your help.

Gabriel

Guest Edgaar

Thanks for the new build, KonstaT!

If you disable the google play market app, it won't consume all the battery power. Of course it's not a solution, but until google fixes it, it's a workaround.

For everyone having battery issues you could try this (option is checked by defaut,uncheck it)  :) It helped me! But never had any problems with google play services...using latest build from KonstaT.

androidpit-android-4-3-wifi.jpg

Guest Zoplor

Hello,

Dear KonstaT, Some questions about building ROM:

I was flashed CM11 ROM ,And no GSM/3G connection possible because my phone is ChinaUNICOM version. So

i means how to make or bulid can support the ChinaUNICOM version,

e.g

you had built a MIUI Rom for blade 3,but the offical MIUI rom is only for N880E,how you can change the  networks mode can make the rom support blade 3?

LogCat info:

Edited by Zoplor

Guest bezkintos

For everyone having battery issues you could try this (option is checked by defaut,uncheck it)  :) It helped me! But never had any problems with google play services...using latest build from KonstaT.

androidpit-android-4-3-wifi.jpg

This option is not checked by default. You chose it during the initial setup/ install...

Guest KonstaT

Hi Konsta!

I have CM11 with Kitkat 4.4.4.

Could you tell me how can I fixing kamera crash when I try to make video, and my other problem is not able to recording my phone calls. For example with Call Recorder app by skvalex. My old system was working fine with these components and never problem for that.

Thank you for your help.

Gabriel

I can't reproduce any issues with camcorder, it works just fine.

Afaik skvalex's call recorder needs kernel support and I don't see how it would have worked with any ROM on this device.

Hello,

Dear KonstaT, Some questions about building ROM:

I was flashed CM11 ROM ,And no GSM/3G connection possible because my phone is ChinaUNICOM version. So

i means how to make or bulid can support the ChinaUNICOM version,

e.g

you had built a MIUI Rom for blade 3,but the offical MIUI rom is only for N880E,how you can change the  networks mode can make the rom support blade 3?

LogCat info:

Telephony is the least of your problems with N880E. It has different wifi/bluetooth/fm hardware so those will never work unless you're building from the source and know how to fix those. When I tried N880E ROMs on my Blade, iirc RIL worked out-of-the-box. You could be only missing the system properties for CDMA telephony.

I've released my MIUI porting tool so you can do the opposite what it's doing.

Guest Davlat

Hi, KonstaT!

I tested Android 4.4.4 and it's awesome, high-performance, ART cache powered (i'm tested, works great on my phone and supported aslo Subway Surf game, before it my phone is crashed when gaming). Android 4.4.4 without issue or problems, all features will be works great!

But last one week my phone is broked by me!

I'm changed build.prop on /system folder with ES Explorer (root accessed), changed permission to R/W and my phone won't startup!

I can fix it, Thank you for answer!

Sorry, for my bad English!

Guest mcsaba17

Hi everybody!

I have installed this new release (build number: cm_atlas40-userdebug 4.4.3 KTU84M 04230f1b50 test-keys), and I have the following problem: in case of incoming call the screen stayed disabled black and I can't do anything to wake it up. I had to remove the battery and then put it back for working again. The same happened with the alarm clock. I haven't installed other apps for this functioning, so I have cLock locker and the original alarm clock.

Could you help me please?

Thank you in anticipation!

Csaba

Edited by mcsaba17

Guest KonstaT

Hi everybody!

I have installed this new release (build number: cm_atlas40-userdebug 4.4.3 KTU84M 04230f1b50 test-keys), and I have the following problem: in case of incoming call the screen stayed disabled black and I can't do anything to wake it up. I had to remove the battery and then put it back for working again. The same happened with the alarm clock. I haven't installed other apps for this functioning, so I have cLock locker and the original alarm clock.

Could you help me please?

Thank you in anticipation!

Csaba

One thing is for sure, that is certainly not "this new release". ;) Please use the build in the OP.

There was some reports of 'screen of death' (and then about ten people posting 'me too' after that). Never experienced one myself though.

Guest KonstaT

Hey, why aren't there any EPO files? Also is there anywhere I can download them

WTF is a EPO file? Never even heard...

Edit. After a quick Google search. Be glad that this device doesn't have MediaTek sh*tware. Then it wouldn't have CyanogenMod to begin with.

Guest Le Cosaque

Hey, KonstaT, love your work... and love this rom... but I have a tiny problem that I need a litle bit help with.
I have a Nokia BH-503 bluetouth headset. On my old Samsung Galaxy pock (gt-s5300) and on the stock rom of the Blade 3 it worked perfectly. But for some reason now when I installed the CM 11, after I've connected it and I'm listening music on the headset, for time to time it just stops the music for 1 sec and starts it again from exactly where it stoped. Any ideas what may the problem be and (if you have the time) how to fix it. I really love this rom, it has made my life easy. I've been with it from 4.4.3 and last week I updated it to 4.4.4 hoping that the problem will be fixed, but it still stands.

Thanks in advance for the assistance. :)

Guest Otila
07-30 21:48:32.618 D/Finsky  ( 7945): [1] InstallerImpl.kick: Installer kick null - starting com.android.chrome
07-30 21:48:32.948 W/GLSUser ( 1056): GoogleAccountDataService.getToken()
07-30 21:48:33.318 I/qtaguid ( 7945): Failed write_ctrl(u 75) res=-1 errno=22
07-30 21:48:33.338 I/qtaguid ( 7945): Untagging socket 75 failed errno=-22
07-30 21:48:33.338 W/NetworkManagementSocketTagger( 7945): untagSocket(75) failed with errno -22
07-30 21:48:33.388 E/Finsky  ( 7945): [1] InstallerTask.requireInternalStorageOrCancel: Cancel download of com.android.chrome because insufficient free space
07-30 21:48:33.398 D/Finsky  ( 7945): [1] InstallerTask.cancelCleanup: Cancel running installation of com.android.chrome

# df /cache /data                                                                                                                                     
Filesystem               Size     Used     Free   Blksize
/cache                 295.3M     5.4M   289.9M   4096
/data                    2.5G     2.2G   262.0M   4096