[ROM][4.4.4][ALL] SlimKat 9.1 UNOFFICIAL [29/12/2015]

Guest chil360

Guest eAthletes

Please update the rom, so I can update my device, thanks.

It says: 4.4.4.build.7.4.20140819 is out, while I'm running 4.4.4.build.7.2.20140812-CHIL360.

Just letting you know.

Guest torgo26

@eAthletes: do you expect something new from 7.4? Why such a useless post. The Rom will be updated when it's done...

Edited by torgo26

Just installed Slim-u8951-4.4.4.build.7.4.20140819-CHIL360.zip, following the update instructions for TWRP on the www.slimroms.net  installation page.

-   Download latest ROM and latest gapps and put them on your sd card
           -   Boot to TWRP recovery
           -   choose advanced in wipe section and wipe cache, dalvik and system 
           -   Flash ROM
           -   Flash Gapps
           -   Reboot

After several restarts it continuously showed an error searching for mobile phone providers, after stepping back to 7.4 20140812 the phone works properly again.

Now Is it the 20140819 ROM`s fault, or was it my fault by executing the update in an inadequate way?

Are there any other (similar?) expiriences with 20140819?

Edited by UliZ

Guest Domstadt

Is there a possibility to make the battery percentage look like this?

b1984831f4.jpg

Maybe in the build.prop? The option in the ROM (JB Style) looks kinda weird with the thin battery symbol.

Nobody? :/

Guest FrankAxtell

what I must wipe to install this rom? everything excluding sd card? includind system wipe? it will be all ok if i will wipe system and after install this rom? tell me please

Edited by FrankAxtell

Guest FrankAxtell

i want to make a full wipe, excluding sd card(including system, cust, data, cache, dalvik), after that i can install slimkat rom? it will be all ok or no?

because i want to wipe system and everything, answer to my question please

Edited by FrankAxtell

Guest Domstadt

i want to make a full wipe, excluding sd card(including system, cust, data, cache, dalvik), after that i can install slimkat rom? it will be all ok or no?

because i want to wipe system and everything, answer to my question please

Yes, the sd card won't be wiped if you don't want to, it's not necessary for flashing a rom. 

Guest pbr1111

chil360 or synopsis or cextel, which kernel is better for this rom?

Chil360's kernel or synopsis. Both are similar.

One question, this ROM has the problem with the images on webkit-based browsers like CM11?

Guest juanpablocastillo

Chil360's kernel or synopsis. Both are similar.

One question, this ROM has the problem with the images on webkit-based browsers like CM11?

Yes.

Guest juanpablocastillo

Anyway isn't needed because chil360 has ported the most relevant changes of CeXstel kernel to his kernel, and the moddingg33k changes too. ;)

Just installed Slim-u8951-4.4.4.build.7.4.20140819-CHIL360.zip, following the update instructions for TWRP on the www.slimroms.net  installation page.

-   Download latest ROM and latest gapps and put them on your sd card

-   Boot to TWRP recovery

-   choose advanced in wipe section and wipe cache, dalvik and system 

-   Flash ROM

-   Flash Gapps

-   Reboot

After several restarts it continuously showed an error searching for mobile phone providers, after stepping back to 7.4 20140812 the phone works properly again.

Now Is it the 20140819 ROM`s fault, or was it my fault by executing the update in an inadequate way?

Are there any other (similar?) expiriences with 20140819?

About 6 hours after my first failures I downloaded another Slim-u8951-4.4.4.build.7.4.20140819-CHIL360.zip:

It is a little bit smaller than the first one (141.910/141.897 KB). and everything works fine now...  :-)