[ROM][4.4.4][ALL] SlimKat 9.1 UNOFFICIAL [29/12/2015]

Guest chil360

Sometimes, not so often, when i push the power button to wake up the screen, it doesn't wake up. It stay off, maybe the lights of the hardware buttons wake up, but not the screen. So i've to wait about 30 second to repeat and unlock the screen. Anyone of you has the same problem?

(I've 8.2 but i had the same problem also with previous versions)

Same thing for me.

Guest dammann

Sometimes, not so often, when i push the power button to wake up the screen, it doesn't wake up. It stay off, maybe the lights of the hardware buttons wake up, but not the screen. So i've to wait about 30 second to repeat and unlock the screen. Anyone of you has the same problem?

(I've 8.2 but i had the same problem also with previous versions) 

Same here.

I found that it doesn't happen too often with ondemand or interactive governors and the min cpu speed not set below 320 MHz.

Edited by dammann

Guest DeveloperDutch

I'm currently still on dazzozo's cm11 and on his rom there's also the screen on bug so I think it's not only slimkat which I'm now going to flash.

Hi guys! Sometimes in the past me and other forum members talked about a dialer bug on our phone, this: 

It's a known bug in Android. As you can see in the description of the video, you have to set "animator duration scale" to at least 0.5.

Now my dialer works prefectly.

Will 8.6 include the libnfc patch?

Just tried to read some nfc tags with 8.6, no success.

Could it be helpful if I recorded and posted a logcat?  What would be important keywords to search in the logcat?

Guest Y300-0100

Just tried to read some nfc tags with 8.6, no success.

Could it be helpful if I recorded and posted a logcat? What would be important keywords to search in the logcat?

I think I know what's missing. If you are staying with slimkat today I will send you instruction what to do and than test tag again.

I think I know what's missing. If you are staying with slimkat today I will send you instruction what to do and than test tag again.

Thank you! I am looking forward for your instructions! :)

Guest LotR656

In some apps (like YouTube) when i want to search there is no line that flash so i can know where i will type. I hope you understand me, if not tell me and i will post screenshot.

Guest chil360

SlimOTA works by reading an xml file online to check for the latest version.

I host the ota xml file on google drive with this url. For some reason it appears that you are blocked from accessing it. Try visiting the link in a browser and see if you can read the xml file.

Guest Y300-0100

@chil

I think I found missing link for Tag.

Like I linked here EEDATA with /data/misc/nfc

service nfc_check /system/bin/nfc_check
class main
oneshot
socket nfc_check stream 0755 nfc nfc
user nfc
group system

with this:

# NFC local data and misc
mkdir /data/misc/nfc 0755 nfc nfc
mkdir /data/misc/nfc/param 0755 nfc nfc

beam worked.

I think this is what we missed to power passive Tag-s:

sys/class/misc/pn544

permissions rwxrwxrwx

and set owner root

and set group root

This should be it. Now reboot and activate NFC again and it should make link to libpn544_fw.so which power passive NFC Tags

edit//

this can't be done manually.

and it has to be linked to sys/devices/virtual/misc/pn544

but how.....

Edited by Y300-0100

Guest ysabato

SlimOTA works by reading an xml file online to check for the latest version.

I host the ota xml file on google drive with this url. For some reason it appears that you are blocked from accessing it. Try visiting the link in a browser and see if you can read the xml file.

I have the OTA problem with my Y300 since 8.0. I tried to open that link with my phone and it works. Now I'm on 8.6, and I did all previous updates.

post-1048211-0-71395000-1413393241_thumb

Guest Y300-0100

I think we are rushing things. We still have bugs even with 4.4.4. I haven't seen yet low budget or middle range budget phone that come out of box with version higher than 4.4.2 revision. After merging 4.4.3 revision we got browser white boxes bitmap bug and who even noticed that.? Skype not functionally as it should etc( I don't want to name all bugs reported). And we are expecting our y300 or g510 to function perfectly on highest android version. I don't thing so.

BTW. One thing is to adapt device tree for specific build and another to build from scratch.