[ROM][4.4.4][ALL] SlimKat 9.1 UNOFFICIAL [29/12/2015]

Guest chil360

Guest Sammyyy

Thats a great idea!!! Also about the Pin code problem i had reported, i feel that this thing happens because at the bottom of the screen the text is kinda long in Portuguese, it says something about emergency call and sim blocked... i noticed after i enter the pin code for some moments i can see the buttons corrected (this happens cause the button text goes away) 

Try to change the DPI setting in BuildProp. (change 'Root access' to 'Apps and ADB' in the 'development options' before that. else it could happen that changes in BuildProp are not saved.)

I had to change the DPI value down to 210 until the PIN code numbers were displayed correctly (text in german).

Guest ZolaIII

I am actually against it! Keep the things simple!

If someone want extras & he need them then he probably know where to find them.

You can integrate apps that are better than stock ones & open sourced bat even that with a condition that they are the replacement apps so that there is only one app for one thing!

Apps like that are: K9 mail against stock & even Gmail, Tint browser against stock & Arity against stock calculator (or even CMs pimped one).

What I won't to encourage is that advanced users experiment with various settings & report back they results so that best settling can be implemented as defaults!

I am actually against it! Keep the things simple!

If someone want extras & he need them then he probably know where to find them.

You can integrate apps that are better than stock ones & open sourced bat even that with a condition that they are the replacement apps so that there is only one app for one thing!

Apps like that are: K9 mail against stock & even Gmail, Tint browser against stock & Arity against stock calculator (or even CMs pimped one).

What I won't to encourage is that advanced users experiment with various settings & report back they results so that best settling can be implemented as defaults!

I am with you Zolalll ;)

And is the tuning done to the OMX??

Guest Romagnolo1973

There is a patch in Slimkat gerrit under review to add performance options into Settings. So this will automaticly be included if the patch is accepted.

The Performance Control app that ZolaIII suggested does look to have more features but I won't add it to replace the Slim version. If the Slim performance settings are rejected, I will add the app.

Just had a thought...  maybe we could make an addon pack as a flashable update zip. Could include things that people have suggested like the Performance Control, replace DSP Manager with ViperFX. This way, it keeps the base rom pure SlimKat and give people the choice to have the extra features by simply flashing an extra zip. Ideas? Suggestions?

I agree 100% , when fusion X comes out Tillaz make something similar, rom zip was basic AOK and other zip with all the huawei apps missed and others usefull apps.

Important is made it easy for you, so you can mantain slimkat more aderent to original slim roms and let user decide if add some usefull apps or not with the second zip.

Guest ZolaIII

I am with you Zolalll ;)

And is the tuning done to the OMX??

Chil is working on it!

This don't resolve a YouTube HQ quality issue it resolves a system apps (player & gallery) issues only.

Guest chil360

Chil is working on it!

This don't resolve a YouTube HQ quality issue it resolves a system apps (player & gallery) issues only.

For those that want to test it, replace /system/etc/media_codecs.xml with this one - link.

guys look at this: http://www.gsmarena.com/htc_desire_300-5666.php

this phone has msm8225 and adreno 203 with android 4.2! maybe can be solved the youtube HQ problem and HWA with games

edit: gsmarena says android 4.2 but i did some search and it has android 4.1.2 :(, maybe htc will update it, i dont know

Edited by fonz93

Guest tidusuper91

I've just installed this ROM on my Huawei Y300. Everything fine except for enabling ART. I suppose this is a deodexed ROM right? There's no hope to enable it with this ROM?

Thanks,

Guest Romagnolo1973

I tried this kernel with 2.5 build. Was fine for 2 days, slightly smoother then with slim kernel. On third day I've lost cell signal, there was no mobile service at all, wifi and everything else still worked

attachicon.gifuploadfromtaptalk1391569505093.jpg

yes the Lirio kernel has some issue: it makes the same things to me today, I have recharged my y300 in flymode and at the mornig changing from fly to connected boomm no signal at all, wifi working, BT working, only 2g\3g is affected. I have solved installing original chill kernel from my backup source (boot pattern)

Thanks for the info

Guest ZolaIII

yes the Lirio kernel has some issue: it makes the same things to me today, I have recharged my y300 in flymode and at the mornig changing from fly to connected boomm no signal at all, wifi working, BT working, only 2g\3g is affected. I have solved installing original chill kernel from my backup source (boot pattern)

Thanks for the info

This is related to RIL not kernel I think! Any way it happened to me whit chils slim kernel. Simple reboot did the trick. Edited by ZolaIII

Hi...

I installed the 2.6 ROM in a friend's Y300 with the Gapps, but when I install an app that requires root access, I can't open it because I don't have root rights... What could be the problem?

Greetings!

Guest lucap00

Hi, can you enable screen recording in next build? I like the idea for addon flashable zip! I want viper fx:wub: Did anyone test if crossbreeder working?

Guest ZolaIII

OMG!! :o HW+ works? Seriously?

Hardware acceleration works?

even for 720p?

It works with mpg4 & h264 (main & base profiles up to 4.1) bat MX is baggy with a higher formats/ Quality (seeking & changing sub crash the app).

For the HWA in system apps (gallery/player) there will be a fix in next release.

IF you try to play the h264 720p encoded under 5.1 high profile HWA will not work on any Android...

Guest ZolaIII

Hi, can you enable screen recording in next build? I like the idea for addon flashable zip! I want viper fx:wub: Did anyone test if crossbreeder working?

There isa problem with sound effects managers there can be only one active so just flashing it is not enough you will need to disable default one.

Viper is actually reworked CMs DSP manager with much improvements & added futures & CMs DSP manager is reworked stock DSP wait some minor improvements.

Hi...

I installed the 2.6 ROM in a friend's Y300 with the Gapps, but when I install an app that requires root access, I can't open it because I don't have root rights... What could be the problem?

Greetings!

go to dev settings and enable root..