[ROM][4.4.4][ALL] SlimKat 9.1 UNOFFICIAL [29/12/2015]

Guest chil360

• 2 weeks later...
Guest wbrambley

When I disable usb archive the phone reboot!!!

How can I solve it?

Mount from recovery or change computer connection to MTP.

MTP sometimes gives me problems in Linux and is slower in general but won't reboot your phone.

Guest MAD DEVIL

are whatsapp calls working in this ROM? just asking if anyone has tested...

No!

Voice over IP unfortunately doesn't work on slimkat for that device at all

• 1 month later...
Guest ocir33

Hi I have this version installed on the G510

[ROM][4.4.4][ALL] SlimKat 9.0 UNOFFICIAL [29/12/2014]   and  slim-addons-mini-gapps-4-4-4-build-9-20150107

but the camera does not work   Error CAMERA was stopped

Coustom Recovery  TWRP_2.7.1.0-G510

Edited by ocir33

• 2 weeks later...
Guest sinuedge

So far...

It boots up successfully, display works, wifi works, audio works, hardware accellerated video works (watching video in MX Player). Setting external SD as primary works. It connects to mobile networks - haven't tried making/recieving calls yet but should be ok.

Only thing I've found not working so far is GPS. It's enabled in settings but when I start a gps app, e.g. GPS Tester, it says 'GPS is off' and the gps status bar icon does not appear.

Will keep working on it!

this rom working nice 

but

some times hanging

as in incoming call or downloading

Guest alt-tabtab

Development for this rom ended over 6 months ago, is it safe to use what with security updates missing? SlimLP Beta 0.3 looks promising but is still unstable.

• 3 weeks later...

Just installed new 250815 Display CAF ROM, but  telephony did not work: when starting up the phone it did not ask for SIM PIN and did not connect to GSM network. Wiping all and clean re-installing the ROM did not help. 

Edited by UliZ

Guest farfix

Installed here with Open GApps... a bit laggy setting up the rom for the first time, but then it becomes smotthly after a few reboots (configuring) 

For now, excellent... I don't know if this build can make VOiP calls, but still an excellent ROM

the new caf build is stable?

i mean,the bugs from the previous version are fixed? (video playback as example)

I think is stable.. No any bug, all work perfectly (Y) also video playback

Just installed new 250815 Display CAF ROM, but  telephony did not work: when starting up the phone it did not ask for SIM PIN and did not connect to GSM network. Wiping all and clean re-installing the ROM did not help. 

So I am the only one so far with telephony not working on Display CAF ROM?

Looking at the baseband version settings it says 1040 on Display CAF ROM (not working), but 2030 on Display Legacy ROM (working). Could this be the the reason for my problems?

If the baseband has to be changed, how could I do that?

(Sorry for my unprofessional questions...)

Guest chil360

@Uliz Baseband 1040 sounds like the G330 rom. Are you installing the correct rom version?

@Caras69 Video playback works but it is software decoding only. Hardware decoding does not work with display-caf just as in the SlimLP rom.

@sm_94 There are a couple of changes for voip added to this rom made by srfarias. He has added another fix this morning for WhatsApp which will be included in the next build.

Edited by chil360

@Uliz Baseband 1040 sounds like the G330 rom. Are you installing the correct rom version?

Thanks for the hint, accidentally had downloaded U8825 ROM first. (For whatever reason...). U8951 ROM works fine now.

Guest killadroid

@chil360 nice update.only problem is the default 200 dpi,it causes the gapps to flash wrong version of play services for a 200dpi device instead of 240dpi.

Guest cachetesmata3

SlimOTA not work in this latest version of 25.08.2015, as others will also excellent @chil360 this ROM will be able to create a saving mode