[ROM][4.4.4][ALL] SlimKat 9.1 UNOFFICIAL [29/12/2015]

Guest chil360

Guest wackoj

Thank you all! I have just flashed the latest versions of ROM and kernel. I tried another build of Slimkat a days ago but I had to change it because of forceclosing of all music apps. In my opinion is a great Kit kat rom as I don't like ROMS with a lot of options that I don't use.

Guest juanpablocastillo

@chil360: A somewhat silly question (as always): Have you checked the sources of TeamHackLG they showed you earlier? Can you help the performance of the kernel or the ROM? Sorry for my bad english.

Guest whettingstone

It seems YouTube pixellation has been fixed with latest version + latest kernel from Chil.

Could someone confirm if watching preloaded videos reboots the phone? It has for me on all other 4.4 roms I've tried. That's basically a dealbreaker for me.

Guest chil360

The YouTube update has fixed the pixelation problem - the kernel changes had nothing to do with this.

@juanpablocastillo Yes, I have been looking at the TeamHackLG repos but I'm not sure what, if anything, I can use. The nearest LG phone to ours is the LG P710 - there is a device folder for it in TeamHackLG but I don't think it's being used as it's not in their local manifest. Can't see any TeamHackLG roms published for this phone either. The kernel & common device folder use updated CAF msm code and as I explained in a post yesterday about updating the adreno blobs our kernel would need major updates which I cannot do.

Guest coolvpraveen95

guys pls help me.im currently using fusionx (B199)stock rom,it s very fast,good battery life,stable.

i want to install kitkat(4.4.2) on my y300.what procedure i want to follow and what i want to download.plz help me.im currntly running TWRP v2.6.3.3

Guest Romagnolo1973

guys pls help me.im currently using fusionx (B199)stock rom,it s very fast,good battery life,stable.

i want to install kitkat(4.4.2) on my y300.what procedure i want to follow and what i want to download.plz help me.im currntly running TWRP v2.6.3.3

the same things you made installing Fusion so:

backup your fusion first so you can revert back if Slim is not in your taste

factory reset via twrp

instal the zip

install kernel if you want try the last release

wipe cache and dalvik

restart and enjoy

after that you can even update TWRP to v7 (download the recovery file from kraios post here pinned in modaco) but is not obligatory because 2.6.3.3 is working in KK roms

Guest OneB1t

someone tested to change this part of code in acpuclock-7627.c?

+// force rewrite to different value for y300
    +pll_mhz[ACPU_PLL_4] = 1209;
    /*
    * 1008Mhz table selection based on the Lvalue of the PLL
    * is conflicting with the 7627AA 1GHz parts since 8625 chips
    * are using different clock plan based reprogramming method.
    */

that should improve y300 cpu frequency to 1200mhz

also interesting ideas on this page http://forum.xda-developers.com/showthread.php?t=2142286&page=20

htc protou have MSM8225(htc desire x)

Edited by OneB1t

Guest Romagnolo1973

Nokia X (same hardware) news:

http://forum.xda-developers.com/showthread.php?p=51101379

Cm news
"During our trip to MWC at the end of February we were able to secure an X from the Nokia team. There has been a substantial interest in this device from the community. While we won’t commit to releasing a proper ‘release’ (the hardware is more than a bit lacking) we have sent our X to dhacker29 to get up a source tree for the community. Just because CM won’t release a build doesn’t mean we can’t help other ROMs in the process. Nokia, to their credit, has already provided kernel source upon request and the bootloader is unlocked on this device – plenty of fun for the community to be had"
dhacker 29 is a very good developer hy is mantling the official cm for moto g

Yesterday dhacker29 created a new repository on GitHub. I'm not allowed yet to post links here, but it should not be hard to find. The repository is named android_kernel_nokia_x.

Repository: 

https://github.com/dhacker29?tab=activity

Could be interesting IMHO

Edited by Romagnolo1973

Guest SaurabhRCk

I hope they fix the slim recent bug in tomorrows update! app takes a bit time to show on that recent menu. it was not there in 3.4 when they 1st rolled out the new slimrecent.

Guest chil360

@chil360

can be useful this? http://forum.xda-developers.com/showthread.php?t=2557882

it has a 8x25q, it is our cpu but with 4 cores and same gpu (adreno 203), in a video i saw that UI is fast, more than in our phone, maybe can be ported something for gpu drivers?

The device tree & kernel haven't been published so there's nothing I can do with it. There are just links to the rom zip and the CM github.

Guest fonz93

The device tree & kernel haven't been published so there's nothing I can do with it. There are just links to the rom zip and the CM github.

Grrr, i am so angry, there is no way to make our kitkat roms more faster

Edited by fonz93

Guest fonz93

but have 1gb ram, not only gpu driver

yes but the problem here are drivers and what is related to them, because android 4.2 (cm10.1) is fast and also is not optimized for low memory device like kitkat

Guest fonz93

use of ram is similar on 4.2 or 4.4

so why on 4.4 games and ui are laggy and on 4.2 no? gpu drivers and other things

Edited by fonz93

Guest spanitzer

Nokia X (same hardware) news:

http://forum.xda-developers.com/showthread.php?p=51101379

Cm news

"During our trip to MWC at the end of February we were able to secure an X from the Nokia team. There has been a substantial interest in this device from the community. While we won’t commit to releasing a proper ‘release’ (the hardware is more than a bit lacking) we have sent our X to dhacker29 to get up a source tree for the community. Just because CM won’t release a build doesn’t mean we can’t help other ROMs in the process. Nokia, to their credit, has already provided kernel source upon request and the bootloader is unlocked on this device – plenty of fun for the community to be had"

dhacker 29 is a very good developer hy is mantling the official cm for moto g

Yesterday dhacker29 created a new repository on GitHub. I'm not allowed yet to post links here, but it should not be hard to find. The repository is named android_kernel_nokia_x.

Repository:

https://github.com/dhacker29?tab=activity

Could be interesting IMHO