[ROM][4.4.4][ALL] SlimKat 9.1 UNOFFICIAL [29/12/2015]

Guest chil360

Guest Gintoki98

Yeah, it is really nice, draws max out of the phone. And if someone has same problem with whatsapp, you can flash VOIP fix, can be found on this forum.

Guest Gintoki98

Tested it, it works quite well. Tried Pokemon GO, it gets up to the map stadium and then crash/stuck. But yeah, Hill climbing works, Subway surfer too... It's an old phone, so im satisfied with that.

• 5 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...
Guest nonobio

Hi,

I use AOSP Mod since several month and it is often slow, maybe caused by the rom, maybe by the phone itself ?

My question : do you think i could have better speed and/or stability with another rom like this SlimKat 9.1 ?

Thanks

Edited by nonobio

Guest Nebsta

Hey all, it's been a long while since I've installed a rom on my Y300 but I've recently needed a phone running 4.4 so am thinking of installing this. I believe I unlocked my bootloader when I last installed a custom rom previously but I've since returned it to stock - is there a way to tell if the bootloader is still unlocked?

If it is still unlocked then it's just a case of installing TWRP and the rom right?

• 2 weeks later...
Guest nonobio

Hi,

I flashed this rom, 20141229 legacy, as recommended in several posts. It seem to work perfectly.

My usual launcher is Nova and i discover that SlimRom default launcher is now "Slim Launcher". How does it compare to Nova ? If i want install Nova, can i uninstall Slim Launcher without stability risk ?

I have another question : do i need to flash the kernel too ? What is the aim ?

Thanks

Edited by nonobio

Guest Gintoki98

@nonobio

Hmm, Slim Launcher, atleast in my case, had some bugs, like shortcuts dissapearing. Yet again, that might have been because I used some cheap china SD from Ebay. Now I'm using Smart Launcher, it is really nice, and quite stable. Be sure to disable any kind of animation. You can find Pro version apk somewhere on internet.

I don't think you need to install any kernel, or replace it with other. I haven't. And it supports even OTG with some tweaks(check adeii posts)(but be careful to get an cable that you can connect to power supply - Y). And I think even GPU is slightly oveclocked, basicly you don't need to play with it. 

What you could do is installing VoIP fix, if i remember correctly, I did that to get Whatsapp to work.
And yeah, make sure to use microG instead of Playserviece. It realy speeds it up.
And lastly, if some games doesn't want to load, for example Orbits, just get some swap app and make some file. In general, you can use that for multitasking.
Battery is not that great, of course, but atleast it survives the works day.
If you have problems with pictures in browser, as I do, install Puffin. Best one I found so far.

In general it is quite stable, and very fast ROM, if set correctly.
Hope this helps.

• 2 weeks later...
Guest nonobio

Hi :)

Since several days i use (my daughter) use this rom, it seems very good. Our mains apps for listening music and viewing photos works perfectly. 

Thanks for your work and your recommandation :)

But my daughter would like to play some little games (PEGI 7 max) and all games i tried doesn't work at all. 

Is this rom able to play some games ?

If yes, do you have any recommandations about goods littles games ?

Thanks

Edited by nonobio

On utorak, 31. januar 2017. at 9:28 AM, nonobio said:

Since several days i use (my daughter) use this rom, it seems very good. Our mains apps for listening music and viewing photos works perfectly.

Thanks for your work and your recommandation :)

But my daughter would like to play some little games (PEGI 7 max) and all games i tried doesn't work at all.

Is this rom able to play some games ?

If yes, do you have any recommandations about goods littles games ?

Thanks

Sure, many games can be played on SlimKat rom! Just some of I remember that was playing: Angry Birds Blast, Angry Birds 5, Giana Systers, Lost Journey, Syberia 1, Game of Thrones 1.52 (adventure, but lags a lot and not playable), StarCraft 1 (with emulator, but so tiny sprites), Pet Rescue saga, Criminal case, Dora the explorer (memory and puzzles), Dora big adventure, BabyTV leaning apps, Tiny thief, My Talking Tom/Angela, Masha n Bear, Escape from (many games), DreamCage, Flappy bird (many clones), Ingress, Zombies Run, Vrag iz Hag, iCube, Ghost Blitz, Dictator, 9 elephants, Little Alchemy, ... Rewind (click "wait" every time, never exit app when freeze, may freeze when run, but it is playable to the end.)

Edited by adeii

Guest nonobio
2 hours ago, adeii said:

Sure, many games can be played on SlimKat rom!

Do you mean "many games can be played on SlimKat rom"  "on Y300" ?

Thanks for your list, i will take a kook at these games. Last days i tried several games and none worked, even some which seems to be "little" games (https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=com.disney.frozensaga_goo&hl=fr)

Edit : i tried a first game : Ghost Blitz. It works but i had to wait several minutes before, and sometimes android displayed "doesn't respond".., it seems that the performances on my phone are low. How this king of games work (worked) on your y300 ? Did they load quickly or is it low.. very low.. ?

I really installed the minimum when i last fkashed this rom. I installed nano gapps. Is there any thing i could check or set about game performances ?

Edited by nonobio

Guest Mr Voland
16 minutes ago, nonobio said:

Thanks for yrou list, i will take a kook at these games. Last days i tried several games and none worked, even some which seems to be "little" games..

Just keep in mind that this is anicent device so playing some games won't be pleasant.

On utorak, 31. januar 2017. at 4:38 PM, nonobio said:

Thanks for your list, i will take a kook at these games. Last days i tried several games and none worked, even some which seems to be "little" games (https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=com.disney.frozensaga_goo&hl=fr)

Edit : i tried a first game : Ghost Blitz. It works but i had to wait several minutes before, and sometimes android displayed "doesn't respond".., it seems that the performances on my phone are low. How this king of games work (worked) on your y300 ? Did they load quickly or is it low.. very low.. ?

I really installed the minimum when i last fkashed this rom. I installed nano gapps. Is there any thing i could check or set about game performances ?

Hi! I mean on Y300 (but it's the same on G510). Try to "freeze" Google Play services for some games, set more swap (virtual memory, 128-160-180-256 MB), and yes, bigger games need more time to load, and always choose "wait" on "<game> does not respond...".

Depends on game, listed above. Example: last one, Sphinx Enigma HD here (about 40MB+220MB)  has first started from third time, has jump over some of scenes, but is pretty playable and no lags.

Fronzen Free Fall 4.7.0 started from second time, moves a little lags, but game works ok.

Screenshot_2017_02_02_11_31_18.png

Edited by adeii

• 2 weeks later...
Guest nonobio
On 02/02/2017 at 9:25 AM, adeii said:

Try to "freeze" Google Play services for some games, set more swap (virtual memory, 128-160-180-256 MB)

Thanks. How can i set more swap ?

You can find flashable ZIP with scripts on this forum, like this or use app like Apps2SD and mount /cache and make 160MB swapfile, also /cust can be formated as use as additional 60MB swap.

16 hours ago, nonobio said:

Thanks.

What is the default cache ?

Is there only pros to set bigger cache or is there cons ?

No default cache at all, just 128MB zRAM. Pro - more vitual RAM to operate, Con - little slower switching from app to app, or less free space if using SD card or /system for swapfile.

Guest nonobio
17 minutes ago, adeii said:

No default cache at all, just 128MB zRAM. Pro - more vitual RAM to operate

Ok. Do you thinks can make my unplayable games playables ? 

I can try. Can i just flash the zip you linked me from recovery, that's all ?

17 minutes ago, adeii said:

Con - little slower switching from app to app, or less free space if using SD card or /system for swapfile.

Ok. Can i go back if i want ?

Thanks

On petak, 17. februar 2017. at 8:37 AM, nonobio said:

Ok. Do you thinks can make my unplayable games playables ?

I can try. Can i just flash the zip you linked me from recovery, that's all ?

Ok. Can i go back if i want ?

Thanks

Yes, can flash it. But first wipe /cache partition, ONLY cache partition. To remove it, delete swap-named file from /system/etc/init.d and wipe /cache partition again from recovery.